Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2022, 03:10 PM
Spiritual advancement, a discussion :)

Because of another thread:
What would you personally consider to be spiritual advancement?
Probably best to speak about yourself.

Someone could say deciding not to steal is spiritual advancement .
While to another spiritual advancement could mean being detached and flowing when
their car gets totaled in a parking lot...or forgiving terrible things done to them by a friend.
Another could say when they look at everything as the dreamed illusion that it is.

So this could be quite varied individually! Fun.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-06-2022, 04:23 PM
Knower

People reincarnate in to the opposite sex. For example...
*Deleted, off topic*

Realizing the importance of not being a burden on other people, and becoming self-reliant
In addition to the above, realizing the importance of teamwork
In addition to all the above, realizing the importance of friendships with others
In addition to all the above, recognizing the importance of thinking about the world you leave for your grandchildren
In addition to all the above, recognizing the importance of one's parents, and also being responsible parents to one's children
In addition to all the above, recognize and distinguish between friend, co-worker, and lover, besides realizing the importance of time to one's daily tasks and life
Finally, recognize one's connection to all things, especially the ether of Multiple Universes each with their own Emotional Repression Release

All in all, think of what the society needs, and one's own contribution to humanity. Also, keep in mind to "seek a righteous path, and wisdom will be yours". You can also seek a righteous path for truth (the workings of the Universe), or even soul development, which leads you to your lover. Finally, know that "there is a right way to do anything", and "wish others to find the love of their lives".

Last edited by MidasCloud : 12-06-2022 at 02:05 PM.
Old 11-06-2022, 05:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
What would you personally consider to be spiritual advancement?
Probably best to speak about yourself.
Labels ...

I guess telling somebody that he isn't "spiritual" might be perceived as an insult, and the opposite as a praise. People try to be "spiritual" because they think it is better, so they mimic others, follow gurus, or dogmas. Meditation ..., love ..., oneness ... As Elaine told Jerry: fake ... fake ... fake ... (just pretending).

The problem with labels is that people confuse them with what they are supposed to represent, so they set goals and make evaluations based on labels instead of substance.

I remember appreciating your asking recently if there is anybody that can recount a specific instance when they healed somebody's illness with "love" only. I don't recall if there were any meaningful replies.

If somebody called me "spiritual", probably I would reject that label.

My quest started by trying to find answers to the questions: why am I here alive on Earth? what am I here to do?

I believe I found good answers. I recommend everybody to find their own answers for themselves. The only way I know to do that is by turning inwards, and tapping their individual inner-source of knowledge and guidance (not by following gurus, nor dogma, nor others).
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 11-06-2022, 06:24 PM
Suspended
Master
So many different words to convey some sort of level of self awareness .

Spiritual advancement, old souls and whatever word suits .

It's is however true enough to say that when one perceives in a specific way that differs from another, there can be a self measure associated with that .

x daz x
Old 11-06-2022, 06:51 PM
Master

We can consider spiritual advancement as the movement from selfishness to selflessness. Service to others is the Soul in action.

Or we can consider spiritual advancement as the development of particular qualities such as love, compassion, forgiveness, equanimity, serenity, detachment, tolerance.
Which naturally means letting go of the opposite qualities.

Or we can consider spiritual advancement as the shift from identification with personality to identification with Consciousness.

Or we can consider spiritual advancement as the process of becoming empty, the process of unlearning, the realisation that we actually know very little.

Or we can consider spiritual advancement as the realisation of the Self as limitless unchanging Being.

Or we can simply consider spiritual advancement as learning to rest in the still small space in the spiritual heart-centre in the middle of the chest.

Peace
Old 11-06-2022, 08:14 PM
Thank you, iamthat.

And i do thank everyone that participates.
Just to ask ..what would you consider sp adv for yourself...forget what others say....

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-06-2022, 08:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Just to ask ..what would you consider sp adv for yourself...forget what others say....
Just to clarify, all the suggestions I made above were my own considerations of spiritual advancement for myself, rather than just being general abstract ideals of spiritual advancement.

Peace
Old 11-06-2022, 11:23 PM
Administrator
Midas cloud, I don't know where you get your information from but I'm sorry to tell you that you are wrong.
I have lived many lifetimes and I remember most of them.
Never once was I born into a male body
and i agree with what iamthat has said.

Namaste
Old 12-06-2022, 02:45 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Midas cloud, I don't know where you get your information from but I'm sorry to tell you that you are wrong.
I have lived many lifetimes and I remember most of them.
Never once was I born into a male body
and i agree with what iamthat has said.

Namaste

People don't remember being born into the body of the opposite sex, is like how people don't remember their lives in an alien body on another planet. It's the same concept, because your Physical Body Expectation is different.

However, in the book Journey of Souls by Michael Newton, there is mention of being able to recount past lives with different bodies (like those of alien bodies on other planets, or those of the opposite sex) using hypnosis, called Past Life Regression hypnosis.

Also, Erin Pavlina mentions how the spiritual plane is like a planet, so you might land on a desert, though it doesn't mean the planet is a desert, or you might land in the ocean, though it doesn't mean there is no land. So, you have to consider other sources of information about the spiritual plane as well, and your personal experience does not mean that other people's experiences or realizations are not real.

Last edited by MidasCloud : 12-06-2022 at 05:57 AM.
Old 12-06-2022, 03:16 AM
Master
For me spiritual advancement is simply a measure of how much of your self you are able to express. That may sound like an act of doing, but it is a state of being. The assumption is that being fully spiritually realized is to express all of your inner nature. Often but not always this comes in the context of how you relate to the greater reality.