Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Yoga

Old 12-04-2011, 04:28 AM
Master
Color yoga is changing my spirit, body, and mind

Literally
I do wai lana dvds, she also has shows on PBS if you get it, early in the morning in most states.
I use her dvds because she is very easy to follow and her poses are just challenging enough. I'm ready to move on and get her more intense dvds, I have about 8 of her dvds and I love them.
I've been doing an hour of yoga 5 times a week for the past three months and firstly my body has changed, I'm far more flexible, feel younger, lost inches, and feel healthier.
My spirit is helped because to focus on my body and the poses for that time is like a meditation
My mind is better because I'm not anxious as much as I used to be, I still have my moments but not 24 hour anxiety and as a result am able to cut down my meds by 50 percent without issues...YAY.
Anyone else with effects of yoga?
Spiritlite
Namaste

edited by SF Staff
Old 12-04-2011, 01:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
Literally
I do wai lana dvds, you can find them at www.wailana.com she also has shows on PBS if you get it, early in the morning in most states.
I use her dvds because she is very easy to follow and her poses are just challenging enough. I'm ready to move on and get her more intense dvds, I have about 8 of her dvds and I love them.
I've been doing an hour of yoga 5 times a week for the past three months and firstly my body has changed, I'm far more flexible, feel younger, lost inches, and feel healthier.
My spirit is helped because to focus on my body and the poses for that time is like a meditation
My mind is better because I'm not anxious as much as I used to be, I still have my moments but not 24 hour anxiety and as a result am able to cut down my meds by 50 percent without issues...YAY.
Anyone else with effects of yoga?
Spiritlite
Namaste

Hi Spiritlite .

I am with you on this .

Yoga Is wonderful . Of course as with everything the right approach Is needed . Try doing the yoga without the dvd . In the quiet .

I think yoga means union . It Is all about bringing balance as you know to mind / body /soul .

I only do a handful of postures basically one position held that relates to each chakra .

I think there's hundreds of them lol .

If I had to recommend just a few things to others In life that will benefit them no-end, then yoga would be up there with meditation .

x daz x
Old 12-04-2011, 11:31 PM
Master
God-Like actually I've been thinking of doing that as well, to do yoga on my own without the dvd's now that I know the movements so well, thankyou for confirming that with me.
Spiritlite.
Old 25-06-2011, 03:42 PM
chakragal

+1 for yoga too!
You captured it-it changes, mind, body and spirit.
I go to a class once a week, and am trying to do some yoga at home.
I have a terrible back and after my weekly class-big difference.
Class is very spiritually oriented. I also have a chakra app on my iPhone that shows corresponding yoga poses for each chakra, so I am starting to do those at home too when I want to zero in on a specific chakra.
Old 25-06-2011, 05:10 PM
Master
Nice Chakra....I wish I had an iphone or something but my credit is so bad that I don't think I could get one, then I could download those apps. I still love my yoga :)
Spiritlite.
Old 26-06-2011, 07:20 PM
chakragal

The 3GS iphone was down to like $50 or so as I last recall (with AT&T). And actually you could get a Touch which is almost the same minus the phone, so no contract required. I just love to have on the go access, and even though I buy apps too, there are some good free ones as well.
I went to my yoga class yesterday and it just is so awesome.
Old 29-06-2011, 01:59 AM
Master
Huh chakra where can I buy a touch and how big are those screens? I know nothing about them.
Spiritlite.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:46 PM
chakragal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
Huh chakra where can I buy a touch and how big are those screens? I know nothing about them.
Spiritlite.

Sorry about that-just saw this.
A Touch can be bought at many electronic stores. If you're in the US, there's Best Buy for example. You can order one online right through Apple. (and be sure to see if Apple has any refurbished units too) You might also be able to get a used one on eBay. If getting used or refurbished, you'd want to make sure to at least probably get a 3rd generation, but the 4th is the current. You want to make sure it can run the latest version of the firmware (iOS) which at the current time is 4.3.3. (it gets updated periodically-this as of today is the latest one). I believe that iOS 5, due out in the fall, will run on 3rd and 4th generation models. (don't quote me- double check that). The screen is like 3.5 inches or so.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:25 AM
Master
Just got an IPod for my Bday yay will look at yoga apps
Asap
Old 07-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Master
yeah... yoga is the bomb!