Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 30-06-2017, 02:55 AM
Knower
what do rich/privileged people learn?

i hold a belief in "soul contracts".

that we choose our lives before we are born, and that every problem and situation we are put in shapes us in some form.

"if we wish to learn love, we will be shown hate. if we wish to learn patience, we will not be shown zen masters."

i like many others have had the fortunate misfortune of a really awful situation. i try not to pay too much worry to it because i believe i wouldn't be put in these awful situations if i couldn't come out of it. i believe that my soul chose all of these things for me, and that theres better at the end of it. that i'm here to learn from it.

so by this way of thinking what are rich/privileged people here to possibly learn?

i try to wrap my head around it, but i can't.

i have a friend who complains about the tiniest of things, like how he's worried if his mom will put money in his (already generously filled) bank account or not, while i and others are here worrying if we're going to be evicted from our run down trailers or not lol.

they have everything so easy, and you can't tell me not to judge this person by what "seems", that i may not know what he's going through, because trust me, he tells me everything, and it's a headache that he even thinks small things such as "oh my god my brothers left dishes in the sink" count for a crisis situation. his problems seem so minuscule and nothing compared to what i or others deal with, he has so much privilege, money, he has a loving family, and he's living in an expensive apartment in San Fransisco for FREE because it's being paid by his family. he doesn't have to worry about college, because his family is paying for his 50k a year tuition. it doesn't put a dent in their wallets. he gets everything he wants just by asking for it. he wants to get a job for the "aesthetic" of it, and i'm working to put bread on the table.

he also brags a lot even though he knows how ****ty everything is for me, and he complains and says he likes complaining to me because even though i have worse situations i don't get angry at him for being upset with how things are for him.

and i try to be patient, honestly, but sometimes it hurts :\

everything seems so easy for him, and i can't relate at all, and it hurts my head just trying to think what a person as privileged and easy-living as he could possibly be here to learn.

he's young, handsome, living in the city without his parents, getting weekly allowances from his family so he can just stay home and work on his art or his body, his biggest problems would be blessings to other people. ( like wow i'm losing little muscle in my legs today this is terrible )

he says about his allowances, "honestly i don't need that much money, i could have $200 a month and that'd be enough and i'd be happy."

which is great and all but most people need to budget 2k a month or more, especially living in just the LOWER INCOME sides of the bay area(near SF).

people WISH they were as privileged to complain about how dry their salad is.
he honestly doesn't understand that some people need more than 200 to live in his area lol because everything's being paid for for him.

if you want to learn riches, you'll be shown poverty.
so if he's rich, what is he here to learn?
if he has love and stability, what is he to learn from that?

i know i should be focusing on myself and on my journey, and i guess it's not my business but it makes me feel all sorts of bad things to think about how tipped the scales could be. we have similar goals, and it seems so easy for him that he doesn't have to work 13 hours a day while i do, he can live as leisurely as he wants while i have to put in a bit more effort. it must be nice to be able to work out all day and make power smoothies and laze around and then work on making music and live completely free and unpaid for and STILL find things to complain about.

maybe some people are here just to live life and not learn anything if this is the case.
Old 30-06-2017, 07:38 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by fox22

i hold a belief in "soul contracts".

i like many others have had the fortunate misfortune of a really awful situation. i try not to pay too much worry to it because i believe i wouldn't be put in these awful situations if i couldn't come out of it.

so by this way of thinking what are rich/privileged people here to possibly learn?

i try to wrap my head around it, but i can't.

i have a friend who complains about the tiniest of things, ...

if you want to learn riches, you'll be shown poverty.
so if he's rich, what is he here to learn?

i know i should be focusing on myself and on my journey, and i guess it's not my business but it makes me feel all sorts of bad things to think about how tipped the scales could be.

maybe some people are here just to live life and not learn anything if this is the case.

Where'd that come from?

Put in the awful situations by yourself - your own soul - before you were born. So - essentially - you've done this (life) to yourself because you agreed to it.

If you believe in soul contracts - how on earth would you - could you possibly - know anyone else's? Do you have an ongoing dialogue with your soul? Do you think everyone does?

Why? You come across as though you're supposed to know all this stuff. When was the last time you marveled at the magnificence of - anything? And the intelligence behind it?

Sorta like you're doing here?

What is it about this logic that resonates with you? Do you remember where you learned it? Do you remember why you adopted it? Have you asked your friend what it's like to have a life as pampered and effortless as his?

"...all sorts of bad to think about how tipped the scales could be." As in - tipped in favor of you having a roof over head and internet access and friends to be jealous of rather than the rest of the population on the planet that doesn't have the comforts you do?

You see what you want to see - in everything. You see what you want to see in people with money (and people without or less - and this means you) and you see what you want to see in terms of how you feel about having been dealt a fair hand - or not - in life. Or how sparkly the hand is. Or how many benefits it carries.

What do you get out of comparing yourself to others? What's the payoff? I know it can't feel good, but there's something about it that gives you a rise. Do you know what that is?

Sometimes we only realize what we (have) had once it's gone. And this doesn't just mean material things. Sometimes it's good to lose things - things like negative bad habits and ways of thinking - negative feelings like jealousy.

What are you grateful for? Do you remember what that feeling feels like? I ask because it wasn't that long ago that I felt it again for the first time in a long time and it surprised me. I said to myself "What TF! Where has THAT been?!" It's a really cool feeling.

:)

Best.
Old 30-06-2017, 08:25 AM
Master
Quote:
i have a friend who complains about the tiniest of things... he also brags a lot even though he knows how ****ty everything is for me
Doesn't sound like he is much of a friend. And that you don't consider him a good friend. End the friendship and maybe that's what he's here to learn from you... the karmic results of being self-centered. Everyone has something to learn, that's why we incarnate. You can't know his soul so you can't question and can't know what his karma is, it's really that simple.
Old 30-06-2017, 08:26 AM
Knower
thank you, i think?
MicroMacro
this is the article http://thespiritscience.net/2016/03/...ming-to-earth/ which i refer to.

i think some people's soul contracts can be easily figured out in the most simplest least in depth terms by just seeing how their situation is.

"if you want to learn riches, you'll be shown poverty."
this simply just makes sense to me. it shows me that there is something better to grow out of all this hardship, like a lotus that grows in mud.
we can't expect to be humble or grateful when we're spoiled or handed everything so easily at our command.

i don't think i'm complaining, rather just pondering why things are this way in a spiritual sense in accordance to the belief in "soul contracts". thats all lol. i didn't mean to sound whiny. i was just trying to set a scene for what their life is like, i may have come off as bitter. i was in a bad mood.

i don't think i'm jealous, i think i'm upset that they're complaining even though they're so lucky, and think that i somehow can sympathize for them when i and people i love have things much more difficult.

" As in - tipped in favor of you having a roof over head and internet access and friends to be jealous of rather than the rest of the population on the planet that doesn't have the comforts you do?"
i wouldn't make too many assumptions about me lol. i'm grateful for these things, and i do think about the rest of the population.

"What do you get out of comparing yourself to others? What's the payoff? I know it can't feel good, but there's something about it that gives you a rise. Do you know what that is?"
it's just my sheer bafflement at how things have come together. how one thing could've made their life different, mine different, others different? how one tiny thing could've changed a lot of other things.

i suppose there are comparisons because if i were in his shoes i wouldn't complain at all. i'm not sure what "rise" i could be getting if just thinking about this person makes me upset now lol.

i'm wondering, why are there rich, and why are there poor, and how does this correlate with the idea of soul contracts? what lessons are there for them to learn, those who have entered this world so materially and stereotypically "blessed" and without hardships?

it's easier for me to think about soul contracts with people who have it worse than i do, because the message seems obvious.

it's more puzzling with people who are more privileged and have things handed to them so early.

i don't think i'm jealous, i don't wish i were him because i'd rather be me, even with everything life's dealt me. i like the person i've become because of it all, and i like the story I've been crafting for myself.

i'm able to be at peace with my situation when he's out of the equation, it's just when he's constantly pestering me expecting my sympathy or wanting someone to brag to that i become filled with emotions i don't quite like having.
THATS when I'm like, "Man, what could this guy possibly have to learn in this lifetime? How to have better manners?"
Old 30-06-2017, 08:33 AM
Master
Quote:
it's more puzzling with people who are more privileged and have things handed to them so early.
Money can't buy happiness. What is it you want, that's really the question here it seems. Wisdom and inner peace don't require wealth.
Old 30-06-2017, 09:45 AM
Master
Wisdom and inner peace are wealth.
Old 30-06-2017, 01:36 PM
Master
fox22 - maybe YOU are his lesson... it seems to me that you and him are complete opposites of each other, and perhaps you both are there to learn from one another. you by seeing that being rich isn't always the answer, and him by seeing that people have problems no matter how wealthy or not they are. it's not a coincidence that you and he are friends and are together for a reason.
Old 30-06-2017, 02:06 PM
Guide

What do the rich learn? Depends on what their lessons and goals for this lifetime are/were.

Some rich people are philanthropic and generous and very "real" people. Others are arrogant, and power-hungry.

Quite possibly the generous rich are learning the true meaning of wealth, and what monetary abundance can do for OTHERS. In other words, they recognize wealth as a tool and not a sign that they are somehow BETTER than those who do not have as much.

The rich who are greedy and mean-spiriited? Perhaps they were poor in a prior lifetime and need to learn what it is like to have abundance. They do not yet understand the actual significance of wealth, nor that they are not better than anyone based on having a big bank balance.

People who are poor could be learning very similar lessons. Perhaps they were rich in a prior life and need to understand the struggles of regular people. Or they may need to learn about self-reliance, or about living within their means, or struggling to overcome what appear to be limitations.

Each person's lessons are different. Whatever they may be, it is important to remember that the size of your bank balance is less important than the size of your heart.
Old 30-06-2017, 02:09 PM
Master

Quote:
i

Lessons come in all forms; when we are faced with choices, we make them for whom? Ourselves, what is right, or what the law or society deem to be right? These are the lessons no one sees because they are subconscious but are still soul lessons.

Don't compare yourself to others, for their lesson maybe different to yours.
Old 30-06-2017, 02:17 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
it must be nice to be able to work out all day and make power smoothies and laze around and then work on making music and live completely free and unpaid for and STILL find things to complain about.
All you see is all you look at, so in this case they've become your lesson.

It seems you have some more 'substance' to you than this person, don't stop there though.