Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 15-06-2017, 03:49 PM
Master
Do most love their soul family members regardless of the packaging?

I want to start a candid discussion of how messed up most of us are and what a pain in the rear close soul connections are...and particularly when one or both cannot accept that authentic love, kindness, and friendship are the only way forward -- whether or not that person is your sibling, spouse, child, friend, partner, other fam...or what have ye...in any particular lifetime.

For all their amazing beauty and uniqueness...for all that you'd never change a thing about All That Is...still, it's often such a pain and a burden to engage with those who are aligned different to their centre and to What Is than you are, for good or bad. It simply is what it is.

That's where we truly get to experience the sorrow and the imbalance of an unconditional love...though I agree all is ultimately for the good. Gam zu l'tova and all that.

My question for those here is this...Do most know if they truly love the soul of the other regardless of the packaging?

Would you still desire to give and receive authentic love and simple kindness and friendship if you and your closest soul connection were both gents? Both women? One gay and one straight? Brothers? Sisters? Brother & sister? On a par but with no romantic prospects, just pure love and friendship? What about all this and also separated by generations (vast age gap), or by vast distances?

I do feel that way about my close soul connections...even though there is a particularly close one with whom I'm not currently communicating "out here" in the waking world, which is still a great sorrow to me and I'm dealing with it. No matter our relationship, now or in any lifetime that I can recall (and they've all varied), we have always had a deep and intense soul love...though apparently there is also much that was or is quite messed up, as well. As best mates, as life partners, as brothers...it's been 50/50 it seems...and I've been both male and female with him, as has he.

Another is a very dear soul sister who is having trouble accepting the fact that everyone's journey (and the pace of it) is as unique and varied as each one of us. And then there is my father, and he too is somehow in my larger soul family...and I have long since learnt to love and accept him as he is and where he is.

I do get that at the beginning of the soul's creation, there is one other soul who is closest and many others who are close by. That proximity from the start (so to speak) is always there, and by its purity and strength it is a gauge of all to come, of all that we truly are for one another. But otherwise , for me, it's not about necessarily doing anything other than accepting all that in love and kindness, in whatever fashion this lifetime permits to you.

IMO, a soul connection is so strongly and deeply purely about authentic love, presence, appreciation, and support. It's not about being physically intimate partners (I hate to use the term "romantic" partners)...though it *may* happen to be that way in some lifetimes. And I have to say, that's no guarantee of anything, one way or the other, hahaha...the only guarantee is the love you know that you have for that other soul. That's it...that's the one constant over "time" and "space".

For me...it's about being soul partners, soul friends, anam cara to one another, regardless of gender or role or type of relationship. If you are straight and you are opposite gender, or if you are gay and same gender, will there also be intense physical desire with your closest soul fam? Yes, or most commonly yes. But that comes from ongoing nuclear fusion (so to speak) at your centres, which is a deep and abiding authentic love for one another. IMO it's not just "there" because you are male/female and both straight, etc.

What are everyone else's thoughts on this?
Do most know if they truly love the soul of the other regardless of the packaging?

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 15-06-2017, 03:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
IMO, a soul connection is so strongly and deeply purely about authentic love, presence, appreciation, and support. It's not about being physically intimate partners
This IMO is it, in simplest terms.

And it's happy and joyful and loving and the easiest thing in the world ... my experience anyway.
Old 15-06-2017, 04:17 PM
Master
Quote:
that's no guarantee of anything, one way or the other, hahaha...the only guarantee is the love you know that you have for that other soul. That's it...that's the one constant over "time" and "space".
Yes, and this is maybe the clearest explanation of the difference between soul mates, versus friends (and marriage partners in many cases lol). Soul mates from my experience are about wanting and needing nothing at all from the other, other than supportive soul-friendship. No need, no want, no expectation, no guarantee of anything like you said. Because ultimately it's still an individual path, even when one is with a soul mate.
Old 15-06-2017, 04:29 PM
Experiencer

Family

I consider this to be my adopted family for this incarnation. I like my friends better. No need to hate anyone but I have been reading life and teaching of masters of the far east. Maybe sometimes you have to disconnect from everybody to realize your connection with the universe and with God which is supposed to be 1st.
Old 15-06-2017, 06:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Yes, and this is maybe the clearest explanation of the difference between soul mates, versus friends (and marriage partners in many cases lol).

LOL, yep, in many cases for certain.

Quote:
Soul mates from my experience are about wanting and needing nothing at all from the other, other than supportive soul-friendship. No need, no want, no expectation, no guarantee of anything like you said. Because ultimately it's still an individual path, even when one is with a soul mate.

Baile first, agreed full stop with all you've written.

I agree this is completely true, that what is naturally and implicitly sought is that balance in supportive soul friendship.

Funny, but this is exactly where the friction often develops, if say one has an idea that supportive friendship means taking what they need without giving what the other naturally seeks in friendship.

Again, even with deep soul connections, there are differences due to ego and the individual journey, and where we each are on our journey. Often this is due to the overlay of mainstream society, which privileges some of us over others of us, whereby there is an implicit imbalance which cannot be overcome till both or all parties come a bit further on their paths.

Even though the core, the truth of the love and friendship themselves may be pure and untainted.

Peace & blessings
7L

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 15-06-2017, 06:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaka
I consider this to be my adopted family for this incarnation. I like my friends better. No need to hate anyone but I have been reading life and teaching of masters of the far east. Maybe sometimes you have to disconnect from everybody to realize your connection with the universe and with God which is supposed to be 1st.

Samaka - yes there is definitely something to that, which many refer to as an aspect of equanimity, where you can then begin to re-connect to everyone more universally, and with a better perspective on your equal value and worth in spirit to everyone else

Peace & blessings
7L

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 15-06-2017, 07:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Again, even with deep soul connections, there are differences due to ego and the individual journey, and where we each are on our journey. Often this is due to the overlay of mainstream society, which privileges some of us over others of us, whereby there is an implicit imbalance which cannot be overcome till both or all parties come a bit further on their paths.
This is such a great insight. If only I could have read it 40 years (?!) ago and saved myself all that relationship confusion and misery. On the other hand I would have read it back then and not understood it, so...
Old 15-06-2017, 10:36 PM
Master
Quote:

It's for this there is a big imbalance into TF/SC connection where the other seems more "lucky" and privileged in a way while the other is left in a less fortunate state? I'm not unlucky in other things outside the connection, but about this connection it seems the universe is challenging me too hard, while the other is really happy and the other is in deep pain. Like a slap in my face.
Old 15-06-2017, 10:54 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCat
It's for this there is a big imbalance into TF/SC connection where the other seems more "lucky" and privileged in a way while the other is left in a less fortunate state? I'm not unlucky in other things outside the connection, but about this connection it seems the universe is challenging me too hard, while the other is really happy and the other is in deep pain. Like a slap in my face.

yeah... me too. It feels so awful to be so impaired in the face of her plenty. If I could just forget her that would be SOMETHING but I can't even do THAT.
Old 15-06-2017, 11:24 PM
Master
Quote:
My question for those here is this...Do most know if they truly love the soul of the other regardless of the packaging?

Would you still desire to give and receive authentic love and simple kindness and friendship if you and your closest soul connection were both gents? Both women? One gay and one straight? Brothers? Sisters? Brother & sister? On a par but with no romantic prospects, just pure love and friendship? What about all this and also separated by generations (vast age gap), or by vast distances?
I'm not sure what you mean by "soul family"... many/most of your soul family have not incarnated with you, hence my question.
As for 'common' soul connection, which I call soul mates, there is no need to be of same gender or to be in a romantic relationship. There isn't even per say a need to be friends. They bring you something that is of value and it doesn't always have to be brought in a nice way. Someone you seriously dislike could very well be a soulmate. One that teaches you something by mirroring you. Soulmates don't necessarily stay in your life either.

As for the closest soul connection I got, that is my TF. And yes, he would naturally be of the other gender as I am straight and ultimately TFs are meant to be together in relationship. Because of the reason of them getting together. The intimate part, yes sex, is important. Because it is about love. Sexual energy is very powerful and a couple cannot create the same thing without being intimate. Also as TFs there is a natural longing to be intimate, to be close, as close as you can get, to merge in every possible way and become one.
Think of Tantra, Kundalini etc. and why people are 'working' so hard to achieve higher levels through that. It's not just sex, it's about love and energy and what that then creates.
I've been there a few times and I can tell you that it is so unbelievably overwhelming, so beautiful, words cannot even begin to express what it is like to completely merge not just physically but energetically as well.
No way can non-sexual love have that same power. It can be deep and intense but not as much as what you can achieve when you combine that with love-making. It is truly magickal.
We have our bodies and our sexuality for a reason, and I for one don't believe it's for making babies only.

Other soul connection, like my son, my father who passed away, some friends etc., yes, deep connection. Unbreakable bonds. But not nearly the same as with my TF and that wouldn't be complete without the intimacy.