Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 20-02-2011, 04:01 PM
Myer

White unicorns v demons on black horses

I posted a reply to a thread the other day and the response i got from one of the members here made me laugh out loud.

The post wasn't significant in itself, but one member wrote that I thought that spiritualists were like white unicorns, whilst people who followed a religion were like demon ridders on black horses! I laughed and thought, "Yeah, that's right". We do seem to like poking one another in the eye from time to time!

I'll tell you what I think the main difference is between us. Religious people don't like anyone questioning or challenge the beliefs or teaching of their church. I have a few catholic friends, who will not entertain any kind of discussion regarding the teachings of the church....even though some of the teachings seem very out of step with society today.

Spiritualists on the other hand (apart from being beautiful white unicorns) are more open and willing to question everything. Know one can tell us what is in the box, we need to open it and find out for ourselves.

Now the unicorn and black ridders thing is obviously just a bit of fun. Interested to know why YOU think we ruffle one anothers feathers??

Please keep it good spirited and no personal attacks! Myer
Old 20-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myer
I'll tell you what I think the main difference is between us. Religious people don't like anyone questioning or challenge the beliefs or teaching of their church.
lols, I encounter the same problem with self proclaimed 'spiritual' people who refuse to question such beliefs as Indigo children, Star children, Ruby Star children, Atlantis, alternative medicine, channelling, dowsing, crop circles, samsaras, astrology, numerology, and many more things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myer
Spiritualists on the other hand (apart from being beautiful white unicorns) are more open and willing to question everything. Know one can tell us what is in the box, we need to open it and find out for ourselves.
I know Christians that can be open minded and willing to listen and I know so called spiritual people who are very dogmatic. There isn't really any difference between the two (religion/spirituality). It's made up by people who want to keep the religious beliefs but somehow be ''free''. They want to ride their white unicorns..
Funny thing is, that many of them read the same books, believe in the same concepts and masters, do the same practices... it's like a religion, though a bit more individual (thanks to liberal influences).
Old 20-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Master
To put it harshly, religious people [in general] tend not to think for themselves, while spiritual people do as they search for their path.
Old 20-02-2011, 09:20 PM
DulcePoetica

The difference seems to be really that some seek, and some seek answers. Concrete vs. abstract thinking.

Religions are appealing to people who are looking for answers. I think this is true of any type of belief system, including some of the more new age-y things like star children, crop circles, etc. People with curious minds find these things, and accept them as possible, probable or precise answers to their questions. Because what they wanted was an answer, they are satisfied to select one that matches their question to their satisfaction. Answers motivate these people much more than the curiosity.

I am equally curious, but I really only want to look around. I'm sort of a spiritual explorer, if you will. I tend to ask more hypothetical questions, with a mind that expects answers that change and evolve. Because what I am looking for is an experience, I prefer not to stop at an answer unnecessarily, because it will end my questioning. Curiosity motivates me much more than answers.

Unfortunately, their concrete thinking can not allow them to comprehend my abstract thinking - and vise versa. I am just as annoyed at them for trying in earnest to answer my abstract questions as they are at me for not being satisfied with their answer. We confuse and confound each other, because we recognize the seeker, but we don't understand the motivation.

It is easy for me to think I am more reasonable, because I allow for everyone to have a different opinion or interpretation. When they try to persuade me to their way of thinking, I think it's disrespectful of my right to view things my own way - and I tell them so. But if I am really honest, I have to admit that my insistence that there are many ways to view things is just as disrespectful of their belief that there is only one answer.
Old 22-02-2011, 01:54 AM
nventr

An ego on a white unicorn is just as dangerous as a passion on a black horse.

Both are unbalanced.

The first is arrogant, while the second is licentious.