Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 16-02-2011, 07:34 AM
Sanora Rada

Quit smoking and what not

A while ago, due to housing and employment issues more than anything, I quit smoking weed. Not that I never back slide, but for the most part I'm clean. Also quit drinking in any significant quantities. Anything else I was on I quit ages ago. Probably one of the best decisions I ever made.

For all the talk of drug induced creativity, I can't think of a thing I've done under the influence that's of any use. Flashing back recently, I've done some useful things, mainly in constructing my jiujitsu systems, but while chemically high? Never. My mind is faster and sharper now. Anything useful the chemicals did I can just call back more or less at will without taking a thing.

I suppose the most useful thing about quitting is that I'm sober enough to see when I'm getting ****ed up the ***. For some reason people seemed to enjoy this when I was high all the time and too confused to tell them to go ****ing die. Having a sense of self also does wonders when socializing. Going to sleep at night and wondering who you'd be when you woke up was no fun.

Quitting also saved my life. If my system weren't clean, I'm pretty sure I'd be dead right now. Not from the weed of course, but anything stronger would've killed me. Not directly, but I couldn't manage both a body load and heavy training.

That being said, I do indeed plan to get absolutely ****ing destroyed in a few years when I can afford to leave this grind alone for a few weeks, but until then, I'm pretty much done.
Old 16-02-2011, 07:41 AM
tragblack

Sometimes I think about quitting weed...

And then I'm like... nah
Old 16-02-2011, 08:16 AM
Master
Hi

I think our inner selves know's whats good for us .. We escape ourselves at set points in life due to reaction of circumstances or reaction to other peoples realitys .
Or even our own negative thoughts about ourselves..

Throw off the dust and shine .. LOL.. For one reason only

BECAUSE YOU CAN :)

When we find ourselves.. WOW !!!

There is no greater high than being oneself... Ready to embrace it all..

And letting no-one stop us from living it.

Time slips bye so fast .. sitting in a zone for to long ..doesnt cut the mustard for me anyway.

Life brings to us all pain..joy.. happiness.. alonessness .. Anything felt has been shared by thousands..

Feeling life is living it.

Dulling the sense .. is just Zoning it .. Too much and hey one might miss it ...Life That Is!!! ....LOL
To each their own..it an individuals world...ay

Congratulations on taking leaps in your life Sanora

:)
Old 16-02-2011, 08:21 AM
Master
Anyone who is truly happy don't need all that ****, drugs, any drugs are for loses, congratulations on being a winner.
Old 16-02-2011, 12:35 PM
bbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Anyone who is truly happy don't need all that ****, drugs, any drugs are for loses, congratulations on being a winner.
Couldn't agree more, although I personally wouldn't call them "losers." Maybe "the unawakened" or something less offensive, lol.
Old 16-02-2011, 12:40 PM
Master
Brilliant post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanora Rada
A while ago, due to housing and employment issues more than anything, I quit smoking weed. Not that I never back slide, but for the most part I'm clean. Also quit drinking in any significant quantities. Anything else I was on I quit ages ago. Probably one of the best decisions I ever made.

For all the talk of drug induced creativity, I can't think of a thing I've done under the influence that's of any use. Flashing back recently, I've done some useful things, mainly in constructing my jiujitsu systems, but while chemically high? Never. My mind is faster and sharper now. Anything useful the chemicals did I can just call back more or less at will without taking a thing.

I suppose the most useful thing about quitting is that I'm sober enough to see when I'm getting ****ed up the ***. For some reason people seemed to enjoy this when I was high all the time and too confused to tell them to go ****ing die. Having a sense of self also does wonders when socializing. Going to sleep at night and wondering who you'd be when you woke up was no fun.

Quitting also saved my life. If my system weren't clean, I'm pretty sure I'd be dead right now. Not from the weed of course, but anything stronger would've killed me. Not directly, but I couldn't manage both a body load and heavy training.

That being said, I do indeed plan to get absolutely ****ing destroyed in a few years when I can afford to leave this grind alone for a few weeks, but until then, I'm pretty much done.
Old 16-02-2011, 08:09 PM
Master
Good for you!

Cheers,
7L
Old 17-02-2011, 01:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbr
Couldn't agree more, although I personally wouldn't call them "losers." Maybe "the unawakened" or something less offensive, lol.
Yea but a lot of people are losing their lives over this, so yea their losers !.