Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 15-02-2017, 01:14 AM
Suspended
Knower

An atheist question

I met an atheist, but that person still believe in energy, and vibrations.

He would read book, and read positive stuff to raise his vibrations.

Now I wonder what it's called when a person believe in energy, and believe he's atheist.
Old 15-02-2017, 02:03 AM
Ascender

A scientist?

jk.. but this stuff is a bit more universal than you think--
Do not listen to me if you do not wish to be hypnotized into a misleading worldview and become enslaved by alien godz (some might say hindu)-- By reading my posts, you fully consent to initiation into this cult, which may or may not occur--

Stay off the garden path--
Old 15-02-2017, 06:12 AM
Suspended
Knower

yea it is firstandlast
Old 15-02-2017, 06:50 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier
I met an atheist, but that person still believe in energy, and vibrations.

He would read book, and read positive stuff to raise his vibrations.

Now I wonder what it's called when a person believe in energy, and believe he's atheist.

What an odd thing to say.

It would interest me to hear exactly what you want to say.

Don't forget though that even athiests have to depend upon a vibration to live - it's called a heartbeat.
Old 15-02-2017, 08:32 AM
Experiencer
Atheist is someone, who doesn't believes in anything, religiously speaking, so it represent person who is able to see past religion, but believes in something on different level of being.

Religion has nothing to do with energy and vibration.
Old 15-02-2017, 08:42 AM
Lorelyen

Atheists still need faith. They have to believe in ¬god (not a god). It's as much a stretch of belief as there is a god.
Some put their faith in science which is just that: faith. It has not answered fundamental philosophical questions.

Old 15-02-2017, 08:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihael_11
Atheist is someone, who doesn't believes in anything, religiously speaking
Actually, an atheist "doesn't believe in a God or gods." I don't believe in a God or gods, and I've been on a spiritual path since the age of 15 when I first read Gibran's The Prophet. I do though believe in the eternal soul for example. And I'm not an atheist, I'm agnostic. More correctly, I neither believe nor disbelieve in a God or gods. The fact is I don't think about the question at all, because the question makes absolutely no difference to my spiritual development.
Old 15-02-2017, 08:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
It's as much a stretch of belief as there is a god.
Now there's an argument I never quite get. Here's the exact same argument, without the emotionalism of "God" that clouds the judgment:

It's as much of a stretch to not believe that reptilian aliens created human beings, as it is to believe it.

Exact same logic argument. Now, how many people do you think will agree with that statement, now that it's not almighty God (and His only begotten Son who died for our sins) who is the Creator, but green lizard people?
Old 15-02-2017, 03:18 PM
Master

To be clear...

Atheists simply don't believe in 'God' as represented by a 'Supreme Personal Deity'.

That's not to say that they don't have other conceptions of the equivalent, which is 'God' just the same, emergent in-and-through an evolution of consciousness WHICH IS REPRESENTED by the seeker's SINCERE spiritual hunger and aspiration in whatever form.

The Highest is All, and is available to all, of and within itSelf.

The form that availability takes is subject to many factors, not least among them: the preference and urgent personal evolutionary necessity of the aspirant in her/his unique individual self-discovery, which the Highest accommodates compassionately for the benefit of the individual's conscious spiritual progression - which is nothing other than the conscious emergence of 'God' in and through that individual aspirant.

I've met atheists (and agnostics), who in many ways were (imo) more spiritual than many so-called 'believers'. God/the Highest especially and more directly works with, supports, responds to, enables spiritual aspirants who are sincerely seeking - whether they are seeking Truth or 'Him'; same thing for the most part, just different paths.

In the nascent stages of conscious deliberate practice post-awakening, the important thing is to do something, anything that is sincerely and diligently progressive...whatever the particular form. It is that which generates a deeper necessity and therefore greater response from 'God'.

~ J
Old 15-02-2017, 05:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir

To be clear...

Atheists simply don't believe in 'God' as represented by a 'Supreme Personal Deity'.

That's not to say that they don't have other conceptions of the equivalent, which is 'God' just the same, emergent in-and-through an evolution of consciousness WHICH IS REPRESENTED by the seeker's SINCERE spiritual hunger and aspiration in whatever form.

The Highest is All, and is available to all, of and within itSelf.

The form that availability takes is subject to many factors, not least among them: the preference and urgent personal evolutionary necessity of the aspirant in her/his unique individual self-discovery, which the Highest accommodates compassionately for the benefit of the individual's conscious spiritual progression - which is nothing other than the conscious emergence of 'God' in and through that individual aspirant.

I've met atheists (and agnostics), who in many ways were (imo) more spiritual than many so-called 'believers'. God/the Highest especially and more directly works with, supports, responds to, enables spiritual aspirants who are sincerely seeking - whether they are seeking Truth or 'Him'; same thing for the most part, just different paths.

In the nascent stages of conscious deliberate practice post-awakening, the important thing is to do something, anything that is sincerely and diligently progressive...whatever the particular form. It is that which generates a deeper necessity and therefore greater response from 'God'.

~ J

".....the conscious emergence of 'God' in and through that individual aspirant."

I really love that wording!