Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 12-11-2016, 04:26 PM
Master
Mind, Body, and Spirit

Hello,

Mind, Body, and Spirit.

What are the thoughts/ insight on this?

To ignore one is it to ignore the other? Meaning, that one affects the other and finding harmony with all aspects of oneself.

Ask because have come across at times "the we are not this body and/or mind"
Which is not what I am experiencing. For it appears that no matter how much is revealed and I may become aware of, this person is still here. This person being mind, body, and spirit.

For me it is how I care for this person that brings more well being. That this life is living as this person and dealing with all aspects that may come with it.

So, opening this thread as to how others may view this.

Thank you
Old 12-11-2016, 08:02 PM
Experiencer

Let's do this in a very physical sense. The body contains a bunch of nerves, these nerves are directly connected to the brain. The brain is where our minds are, thus body and mind are directly connected. Your mind pick up sensations all over your body and it controls the entire body.

Fun fact: Octopuses have 2/3 of it's neurons in their arms instead of their brain, it is a very complex network of nerves. In fact their arms are so advanced they can act partly autonomously independent of their brains, they have a life of their own. Despite most of their brains actually being spread all over their body, they are possibly the most intelligent invertebrate humanity knows of. Their minds are literally their body.

Spirit is undefined objectively speaking. Before I encountered a bunch of people claiming the existence of spirit I knew of no such thing existing. I say claiming because I do not believe spirit is anything other than a construct of the mind that is spread socially. That makes it a social construct. In any case you can define whatever you want to be spirit, but by the fact that people cannot reach consensus about it spirit is highly subjective.

It could be as simple as spirit being someones name for their emotional nature, the difficulty of trying to explain why the human experience is the way it is leads many people to assign it to something simple to avoid the real complexity of it.
Old 12-11-2016, 08:27 PM
Administrator
they are the trio of self expression.... without limitation, yet...

the mind is a tool for understanding self expression by using energy to create

the body is the conduit for which to express these creations

the spirit holds in place the life giving energy to allow you to self express in unlimited ways

the nature and relationship between them all....
All three do not need to be expressed as an identity, the mind and body are the grosser forms of the spirit of man. the mind is the body in form, combined they are the soul of man. the feeling of separation from spirit forms an identity which is the illusion we pull over our own eyes to conceal the connection we have with our spirit, some call it an ego identity, but it is just us not recognising our unlimited potential by the misuse of energy

When we express our creations through mind and body it should be to see and know our spirit which is of course beyond the scope of the mind and the body as both are tools for co-creating, so any identity to them becomes the illusion of there being something we think we are and thus fall into the trap of thinking we are the instruments of creation whereas we are far more grander than that.
Old 13-11-2016, 07:39 AM
Lorelyen

Impossible to separate them but bookshops and publishers need to categorise their wares. I suspect they chose it as a catch-all to avoid a general term like philosophy or spirituality. Under mind body spirit they can include books on spiritually-inclined exercise like Hatha Yoga; dietary and alternative medicine books, wellbeing, new age texts - occasionally you see occult texts and, surprise, surprise, one of our big bookshops has The Art of the Deal in that section.

Mind body and spirit is an artificial segregation.

Old 13-11-2016, 04:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwerg
Let's do this in a very physical sense. The body contains a bunch of nerves, these nerves are directly connected to the brain. The brain is where our minds are, thus body and mind are directly connected. Your mind pick up sensations all over your body and it controls the entire body.

Fun fact: Octopuses have 2/3 of it's neurons in their arms instead of their brain, it is a very complex network of nerves. In fact their arms are so advanced they can act partly autonomously independent of their brains, they have a life of their own. Despite most of their brains actually being spread all over their body, they are possibly the most intelligent invertebrate humanity knows of. Their minds are literally their body.

Spirit is undefined objectively speaking. Before I encountered a bunch of people claiming the existence of spirit I knew of no such thing existing. I say claiming because I do not believe spirit is anything other than a construct of the mind that is spread socially. That makes it a social construct. In any case you can define whatever you want to be spirit, but by the fact that people cannot reach consensus about it spirit is highly subjective.

It could be as simple as spirit being someones name for their emotional nature, the difficulty of trying to explain why the human experience is the way it is leads many people to assign it to something simple to avoid the real complexity of it.

Hi Dwerg,

I agree that mind and body are inseparable.

When I was practicing Message Therapy there was a reaction that would sometimes happen called " emotional release" . It happens while the therapist is working on a place in the body and the client may start laughing, crying, get agitated, or have a reaction.

This indicates to me the emotions are not only held in our minds, but in our bodies as well. It is for me what tha mind may forget, the body remembers.

As far as spirit can agree that definitions can varie and so can be subjective. As far as to what this aspect may be or for some is, guess, would depend on how or what one experiences and interprets it to be. For me it is the ethereal/energy aspect of our being. Will say it is a bit of a mystery, but then again it seems so are the other aspects of our being as to how they fully function and interact, IMO.

Humans are complex and would add so are other life forms. Feel science is just beginning to understand the brain and how it functions. For me, all aspects of ones being affects each other.

I feel it is good to explore and understand each aspect because it brings a better understanding of myself and ways to bring well being into my life.

Thank you.
Old 13-11-2016, 04:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart
they are the trio of self expression.... without limitation, yet...

the mind is a tool for understanding self expression by using energy to create

the body is the conduit for which to express these creations

the spirit holds in place the life giving energy to allow you to self express in unlimited ways

the nature and relationship between them all....
All three do not need to be expressed as an identity, the mind and body are the grosser forms of the spirit of man. the mind is the body in form, combined they are the soul of man. the feeling of separation from spirit forms an identity which is the illusion we pull over our own eyes to conceal the connection we have with our spirit, some call it an ego identity, but it is just us not recognising our unlimited potential by the misuse of energy

When we express our creations through mind and body it should be to see and know our spirit which is of course beyond the scope of the mind and the body as both are tools for co-creating, so any identity to them becomes the illusion of there being something we think we are and thus fall into the trap of thinking we are the instruments of creation whereas we are far more grander than that.

Hi Heart,

What you present brings the word potentials to mind. We have the potential to be more then what "we" may think can be.

Brings me to question; how do we misuse energy?
To me energy is just energy. Is it more in how it is directed?
Just wondering.

Is it how one may identify the self? For me, can agree that spirit is the life giving force, but while experiencing being this person the mind and body also play into this.

In essence can relate my being is not just my mind and body and that there is that energy/spirit that gives life. So, in this regard see all three interacting.

Guess the seperation can occur through how these may get defined and thought to be.

Agree, feel "we" seem to be not fully aware of the potentials that are with in are own being.

Thank you
Old 13-11-2016, 04:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Impossible to separate them but bookshops and publishers need to categorise their wares. I suspect they chose it as a catch-all to avoid a general term like philosophy or spirituality. Under mind body spirit they can include books on spiritually-inclined exercise like Hatha Yoga; dietary and alternative medicine books, wellbeing, new age texts - occasionally you see occult texts and, surprise, surprise, one of our big bookshops has The Art of the Deal in that section.

Mind body and spirit is an artificial segregation.

Hi Lorelyen,

Agree, mind, body, and spirit can not separated.

Yes, if there is money to be made, someone will find a way to market it.

I think the way things get categorized at times lead to confusion.

I mean how many "diet" books are out there? Then what get lumped under "new age".

It does seem to slice and dice th person up.

Don't get me wrong, some of the information is very helpful.

As the old adage goes " buyer beware"

It is all one person, but can help if one is inclined to understand how one ticks ( so to speak).

Thank you
Old 13-11-2016, 04:42 PM
Pathfinder

We may not be this body or mind, but we still get affected by their good or bad condition. We may not identify with them, but still suffer when we lack enough sleep, or when we have poor diet. Some believe that diseases that manifest in the body come from the mind. It's easy to see how, for example, anxiety or stress can affect the body. Mind is, among others, the tool for creating positive or negative thoughts, all these thinking mechanisms affect our every day life and how we feel. That's why I think that balance in taking care of each of these elements: mind, body and spirit, is very important. :)
Old 13-11-2016, 04:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliel
We may not be this body or mind, but we still get affected by their good or bad condition. We may not identify with them, but still suffer when we lack enough sleep, or when we have poor diet. Some believe that diseases that manifest in the body come from the mind. It's easy to see how, for example, anxiety or stress can affect the body. Mind is, among others, the tool for creating positive or negative thoughts, all these thinking mechanisms affect our every day life and how we feel. That's why I think that balance in taking care of each of these elements: mind, body and spirit, is very important. :)

Hi Lilie,

You hit upon what I also feel and experience.

Thank you
Old 13-11-2016, 05:00 PM
Master
Hello,

Just to clarify.

Not attempting to prove or disprove the identity of self.

Exploring more how mind, body, and spirit may interact.

Spirit will admit can be subjective in how it may be defined, There is that element though that gives life. Call it energy and there is indications that there is an energetic part to our make up. Some may call it vibrations.

This energetic aspect does seem to be affected by thoughts. Thoughts also can affect the body. How my body feels can affect my thoughts as well, which in turn affects my energy.

So to me it all interplays. Some at such levels that I am not fully aware of.

I am all aspects of these, as I feel it to be at present.

Just giving a bit of where I am coming from.

Yes, there is more to all this then meets the eye.

Enjoying the thoughts and insights given.