Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 18-06-2016, 10:45 AM
Master
Biocentrism....

Recently, I’ve come across something that might tie in with the progression of enlightenment… It concerns the/a Biocentric universe - in essence: Biocentrism… Such reflects on the theory, that at some stage, we need to unreservedly accept an entirely new approach to our understanding of life, which in turn, is the next (or a following) higher level of appreciation that we need to accept and learn about, possibly in this, or some future reincarnate period…

I suppose it could be referred to as a step sideways, outside of the box of speculation - so to speak... In some respects, as we have had to learn and understand that, which we are now becoming aware of (as essential) during our current journey towards some form of complete enlightenment, so, a new era of understanding awaits us on the doorstep of life…

In some respects, this theory touches on and incorporates a time and space factor and the combining of mankind and nature to a level never considered necessary or possible before, whereby (for starters) ‘all forms of life’ have an intrinsic value…

Have others come across this somewhat challenging subject before and if so, what might their thoughts be, regarding such a discipline…

Robbie….

Never search for answers. Wait patiently until they are placed before you, which will be when you can unconditionally accept: and live those answers...

Old 18-06-2016, 06:03 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinski78
I suppose it could be referred to as a step sideways, outside of the box of speculation - so to speak... In some respects, as we have had to learn and understand that, which we are now becoming aware of (as essential) during our current journey towards some form of complete enlightenment, so, a new era of understanding awaits us on the doorstep of life…
Hi Robbie :)

This is something that I've been orienting to for the better part of my life. Much of todays emphasis-in-thought is an assumption that we should be steadily adding new stuff to what we "think we know" and then from there we will steadily build our 'mental' understandings into what will ultimately lead to a condition that we refer to as "enlightenment".

It's become clear that we are better served by simply becoming aware of the environment we now find ourselves in, as apposed to trying to "learn our way out of it". We should be focusing on "experiential awareness" in the place of distant evaluations and objectified assertions. This means we relax to our environment and become acquainted with what's already here.

Most of us don't have a clue as to how our own bodies work, let alone being able to adjust our bodily exposures in such a way that works in harmony with it's internal functions. Most of us don't know how to grow food, how to interact with our pets in a direct and empathetic way, most of us are chasing our expectations and ideals at the expense of our environment steadily collapsing around us.

It would seem that the next big spiritual leap-in-enlightenment would entail just staying put and immersing ourselves into a connection of what continually surrounds us. We need to back-it-up-a-bit and become acquainted with the essence of what we interact with everyday.

We can indeed use our devolving sciences to help explain what we're seeing, and daily endeavoring to interact with, but doing so with the intent of a better understanding, as apposed to some ambiguous idea that we should somehow "identify and transcend".

So if this is what you're referring to, I'm on-board. Interact with the 'natural' world as a humble student, with an eye toward the rhythms that facilitates it's broad spectrum of functions. And then blend with those functions as we may. If we're attempting to escape our connections with our day to day exposures then we'll simply view our environment as a prison. While if we "integrate" we open the doors to a great many surprises, we'll be nurturing excitement by the simple act of becoming integratively and complimentary functional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinski78
In some respects, this theory touches on and incorporates a time and space factor and the combining of mankind and nature to a level never considered necessary or possible before, whereby (for starters) ‘all forms of life’ have an intrinsic value…
Exactly! :)

Old 18-06-2016, 06:46 PM
Master
Hello there organic born...

Many thanks for your interesting and informative comments, which, I'm hopeful in thinking, stand somewhat in line with what I've suggested: i.e. a more enhanced understanding of nature and natural life, that will be a starting point to what I'd further describe as:- a new chapter in the search for 'paramount' enlightenment...

I have done a little research on this subject and although I semi-understand what's being said - how everything actually combines, to become a fully fledged working principle - it's the intricacies of the working mechanisms that leave me standing at the front door...
In a sense (this being a simple analogy) it's a bit like knowing that an engine moves a car from A to B, but not being able to work out how it does so...

I do hope there are other members on the forum, who could add further substance to that which we've already put together...

Let's live in hope - 'eh...

Robbie....

Never search for answers. Wait patiently until they are placed before you, which will be when you can unconditionally accept: and live those answers...

Old 18-06-2016, 08:22 PM
Ascender

Are we talking here on the Robert Lanza theory, that consciousness is primary and there cannot be anything without consciousness existing first??

Its an interesting premise generally given short shrift by the Science Establishment

Ive got the book - its interesting if a little undercooked

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Biocentrism...ds=biocentrism

And I see there is a follow up ;-)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beyond-Bioc...ds=biocentrism
Old 18-06-2016, 08:45 PM
Master
Spot on...

Hi Metal...

Yes - correct... It does pertain to the Lanza theory... You're spot-on there...

Personally, at this stage, I'm more interested in the theories collated from the intuitive ideologies of our members, who might have gathered their assumption from personal on-line research...

That's not to say we're not interested in what published material has to offer, although it would be appreciated if it was in the form of an individual's 'personal' comprehension...

Thanks for your interest...

Robbie....

Old 19-06-2016, 08:05 PM
Master
Further to the subject of Biocentrism....

Continuing with my personal thoughts and theories relating to this subject of Biocentrism, if there is to be a change in an individual, might that come about as a instantaneous process, or a long-winded development, over a period of time...

I cannot (for the life of me) see such moves taking place here on earth, what with all the atrocities that are taking place throughout the land and between different groups of people...

I have had ideas rumbling around in my mind recently, that an idyllic time for something of a revival nature, would be during a reincarnate period... Instead of regenerating into the world as we know it here and now (i.e. at a later date in a specific era) how about re-entering in a separate dimension, where both time and space were totally unheard of and totally unnecessary, with those who inhabited such a domain, well aware of where they have come from and why, with all committed to an unlimited life period, so that they could get accustomed to and appreciate, a completely different survival process...

How things might progress from there-on-in, remains a vibrating thought at the back of my mind: not yet fully defined...

Crazy thoughts??? Maybe... But there has to be a breakthrough at some time or the other - what with time being so special to us beings... So why not as and at a set period, such as that mentioned above???

Your thoughts - if any - would be appreciated...

Robbie....

Old 23-06-2016, 11:52 AM
Newbie ;)

Got to learn something new.
Old 29-07-2016, 06:50 PM
Experiencer

The entirety of reality need not be conceptualized in order to be understood. If enlightenment is a static state of knowing it all it can never be reached, period.

Such is not the nature of enlightenment, it is reachable to all at all times. It is not the amount of knowledge that determines if someone is enlightened or not. It is their willingness to gain knowledge, to fight their own ignorance, basically to learn.

What is constant is the fact that nothing is constant, it's a true paradox. Impermanence has been spoken of for thousands of years.

Complete enlightenment is existent at every moment in the present, but so many are not present and do not see it. They drive themselves into the future thinking there's enlightenment in it, but that takes them further away from it.
Old 01-08-2016, 03:23 PM
Master
I was exposed to philosophy and art of the biocentric sort as a pretty young guy - when I was first delving into things as a reflective person. Some of the writers I remember on the topic were Alan Watts, Gary Sherman Snyder, Sri Aurobindo, and Richard Maurice Bucke. There was apparently a lot of writing and lecturing on the topic coming out of northern California in the 1970s and '80s.

Oh... I'm reminded of something. Robinski, have you contributed thoughts to the Energy of the Future thread?