Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 28-10-2010, 01:01 AM
mikron

part 8

Golden Key Number 8--Be A Love-Finder Not A Fault-Finder--Seeing Through Christ Eyes This golden key also is one that I learned from A Course in Miracles. This is to be a love-finder instead of a fault-finder. I always try to see the best in others as well as the best in myself. Everything in life is perception. We see with our minds, not just with our physical eyes. All people are beautiful when we choose to see life through our Christ eyes.
This gets to the importance of being non-judgmental. It is okay in life to make spiritual discernments and spiritual observations, but this is done from the heart and not just from the mind. Love-finding instead of fault-finding is a practice of seeking goodness and beauty underneath appearances. Seeing the glass as half full or half empty is a matter of perception. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

The Heart Of Compassion: Recognizing The Oneness Of All Life
Old 28-10-2010, 01:02 AM
mikron

part 9

Golden Key Number 9--The Suffering Of One Is The Suffering Of All This golden key has been a major focus for me in the development of compassion. My studies of Buddhism and my devotion to Quan Yin and the Virgin Mary have greatly inspired me in this regard. I learned to really understand that other people's suffering is, in truth, my suffering. The suffering of animals and plants is my suffering. We do not need to take on the suffering of others so that it is debilitating, but we can have the utmost compassion for the suffering of others. I consider compassion to be one of the most important Christ/Buddha qualities a person can develop.
Old 28-10-2010, 01:03 AM
mikron

part 10

Golden Key Number 10--Oneness With All Life: Sai Baba Stories This golden key is that of knowing that we are one with all life, and that all life needs to be honored as a part of God. This key is illustrated by two of my favorite Sai Baba stories. The first story occurred during Sai Baba's past incarnation as the avatar, Shirdi Sai Baba. One day one of his devotees went to the market to get Shirdi Sai Baba some dates, figs and nuts as an offering. She returned home and left the plate of food on the table. When she left the room to change her clothes before taking the offering to Shirdi Sai Baba, her dog climbed up on the table and ate everything.
Old 29-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikron
part 9

Golden Key Number 9--The Suffering Of One Is The Suffering Of All This golden key has been a major focus for me in the development of compassion. My studies of Buddhism and my devotion to Quan Yin and the Virgin Mary have greatly inspired me in this regard. I learned to really understand that other people's suffering is, in truth, my suffering. The suffering of animals and plants is my suffering. We do not need to take on the suffering of others so that it is debilitating, but we can have the utmost compassion for the suffering of others. I consider compassion to be one of the most important Christ/Buddha qualities a person can develop.

Mikron, very nice posts.
I'm commenting on this one and on #10, the oneness of all. The collective consciousness is the way in which we access the divine...we plug into akasha...which itself has emanated from the divine source.

A critical aspect of compassion and awareness of the unity is taking responsibility for our own actions and to the degree that we are engaged, for the collective as well. We are the individual minds and we as one are the collective. We are responsible for mirroring our thoughts and actions to ourselves and to one another. If you intend me harm, it is your responsibility to be aware of that, to check it, address the lack, and turn toward the light. It is also my responsibility to hold up the mirror and say I am aware of your intention...make it right and all is forgiven...and it is also the responsiblity of others, of the collective, to do the same.

Until all are on the same wavelength and the same level of consciousness where wrong intent and wrong action are not used to address lack and fear, we must be responsible for the elevation of one another, and for the prevention of harm. Because at the very beginning, one must seek to do no harm (to self and others) and then, from there, greater intentions and acts can and will follow if one makes conscious choices to right thought and right action.

Many feel that it's by saying to those engaged in wrong intent and wrong action desist from harm and do not raise a hand against your brother, and yet, this is what we must do. To use refs from the Zohar, there are two aspects of the divine presence that must be present in balance in order to yield mercy/ (tiferet)...and these are judgment (gevurah) and lovingkindess (chesed), also known as might/fear of God/awe and love/compassion.

I'll probably post this in another thread too...but I feel we collectively need to begin to address this balance...and I say that with great compassion...but just as a child doesn't fully understand what he does, still the adults cannot let him hit his playmates, turn over the baby's crib, or kick the dog.
Old 29-10-2010, 07:18 PM
Master
Here's a bit that explains the necessity of using judgment in the sense of discretion and wisdom...along with compassion.

The union, often called mercy, is also described as focused compassion.

I. #4 Love (lovingkindness, compassion)
Chesed is associated in the soul with the desire to embrace all of Creation and bestow upon it goodness. As the expansive force which impels the soul to connect with outer reality, chesed inspires, and thus implicitly accompanies, all the other expressions of emotive force which succeed it in the soul.

II. #5 Might (judgment, restraint)
Gevurah is associated in the soul with the power to restrain one's innate urge to bestow goodness upon others, when the recipient of that good is judged to be unworthy and liable to misuse it. As the force which measures and assesses the worthiness of Creation, gevurah is also referred to in Kabbalah as midat hadin ("the attribute of judgment"). It is the restraining might of gevurah which allows one to overcome his enemies, be they from without or from within (his evil inclination).

Chesed and gevurah act together to create an inner balance in the soul's approach to the outside world. While the "right arm" of chesed operates to draw others near, the "left arm" of gevurah reserves the option of repelling those deemed undeserving. (Even towards those to whom one's initial relation is that of "the left arm repels," one must subsequently apply the complementary principle of "the right arm draws near").

Ultimately, the might of gevurah becomes the power and forcefulness to implement one's innate desire of chesed. Only by the power of gevurah is chesed able to penetrate the coarse, opposing surface of reality.

III. #6 Mercy (beauty, truth, balance)

Tiferet is associated in the soul with the power to reconcile the conflicting inclinations of chesed and gevurah so as to allow for focused compassion, thus accounting for its designation in Kabbalah as midat harachamim ("the attribute of mercy"). The beauty of tiferet manifests itself through the elegant blend of emotive gesture implicit within its expression.

Peace & blessings,
7L

Last edited by 7luminaries : 29-10-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:59 AM
mikron

Thanks 7 as you say "critical aspect of compassion" and always seeing others as there highest potential but at same time be Love wisdom the 2nd cosmic ray

Namaste mikron
Old 01-11-2010, 07:44 PM
mikron

Part 10 Part 2

PART 10 PART 2

When the woman saw what had happened she was aghast and proceeded to beat and kick the dog. She then went back to the market in an angry fit and bought more food for the offering. This time she walked straight to her guru, Shirdi Sai Baba, and offered him the gift. With disdain, Shirdi Sai Baba said, "I don't want it. I have already eaten." The woman was shocked and said, "What do you mean, master? It is still early." Shirdi Sai Baba replied, " I already ate, but then you beat me and kicked me."
This story had a great effect on me, and I have tried to remember at all times that I live in all things and all things live in me. What I do to another is literally what I do to myself. The golden rule states "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you." If our true identity is the eternal Self, and all of creation is a part of that eternal Self, then anything that we do to any other part of creation we literally are doing to ourselves. By the same token, to give something to another is literally to give love to oneself. If humanity would deeply understand and practice this one law, the entire world would change in an instant.
In another Sai Baba story, someone was driving Sai Baba on a highway while Sai Baba had his eyes closed in meditation in the back seat of the car. The driver of the car was going around fifty miles an hour, when all of a sudden he saw a snake crawling across the highway. The driver didn't want to slam on the brakes and bother Sai Baba so he ended up running over the snake. After doing so the driver looked back at Sai Baba in his rear view. Sai Baba's eyes were still closed and he hadn't moved in the slightest. When they arrived at their destination, the driver opened the car door for Sai Baba--who got out of the car and proceeded to take off his shirt. As Sai Baba walked away, the driver saw tire marks across Baba's back. Sai Baba never said a word!
Every person, every animal, every plant, every rock is God. There is only one identity in the universe for all of life throughout creation--and that is God. We all share that one identity. We must let go of glamour, illusion, maya and appearances so that we can see the true reality of life. Our true identity as the eternal Self lives within all creation. All creation is a part of you. Strive to be harmless and defenseless in all things.
Your brothers and sisters share your identity as the Christ with you. God had only one son and one daughter and we are all part of that sonship or daughtership. We each are apprentice Gods who are in the process of realizing this on deeper and deeper levels. This is the initiation process. Learn from Sai Baba's example.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:45 PM
mikron

PART 11

Golden Key Number 11--Owning Your Personal Power
This golden key has been a core tenet of my life. I give it equal status with unconditional love which no other golden key in this book has. This key is owning one's personal power. I have made a commitment to owning my power at all times. When I asked the ascended masters what was the key to leadership they said "empowerment." Owning one's power generates inner fortitude and steadiness, both are essential attributes for effective leadership.
The only reason that I am still in this physical body is because I did not give my power to my physical body when I went through all of my health lessons. I have trained myself over many years never to let go of my power, even when I am sleeping. It has become much easier in my life now than it was in the past because it has become a habit. However, this does not mean that vigilance is not still required at all times. If you listen to nothing else in this book, listen to these two golden keys: personal power and unconditional love. Combined, this is first and second ray energy which is the foundation of God's Kingdom.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:46 PM
mikron

Part 12

Golden Key Number 12--Don't Give Away Your Power To Anything This golden key in my spiritual progression was learning not to give my power away to anything. This is a corollary to owning your personal power. Do not give away your power to other people, outside situations, your emotions, thoughts, physical body, subconscious mind, inner child, ego, lower desire body or sexuality. Do not give away your power to astrology, your dreams, the rays, to any spiritual science or path or to the ascended masters. Do not give your power even to God. God does not want your power. God wants you to use your power and your love and your wisdom to become a master.
Pray with power and not like a weakling. Your prayers will be much more effective if you do. Astrology is wonderful but the bottom line is that you are God and God causes astrology. Dreams are wonderful but don't give them your power and let an unsettling dream wreck your day.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:47 PM
mikron

Golden Key Number 14--Being At Cause In Your Life
The next golden key has been the attitude and practice of being at cause in my life and not at effect. This is the ideal of being a master not a victim. Being at cause in your life is a major component of maintaining your personal power at all times. Being at cause in my life has been a major key to my success in manifesting. By remaining at cause at all times and using my personal power, prayer, affirmations, visualizations and positive actions, I have been able to manifest everything I need on an ongoing basis.
I have used the power of the Hermetic law, "As within so without; as above so below." My mastery of my mind has lead to the mastery of my emotions which has lead to the mastery of my subconscious mind and four-body system. This level of personal power has attracted and magnetized all that I have needed, because the superconscious, conscious and subconscious minds have been in accord. This--in combination with prayer and utilizing the power of Sai Baba, the ascended masters and God--has provided miracle after miracle. In truth, however, there are no miracles, but rather the natural by-products of utilizing universal laws.
Obviously I do not have complete control over everything that comes into my sphere of life and influence; but what I do have complete control over is my attitude towards what comes into my life. By committing myself to thinking with my Christ mind at all times and not my ego mind, I am able to magnetize and attract to my life only that which is the highest and most sublime.

Seek Only God