Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 12:18 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua_G
Can those things be known by reading the words of another?

Realizations and learning come in many forms......the knowing comes from within....being open is all that really counts.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:26 AM
Master
the knowing comes from within....being open is all that really counts.

Clearly said... by you and all others here.

Xan

Old 08-04-2012, 12:26 AM
Master
This truth cannot be argued over intelictually, for to do so is to miss the whole point, its beyond the mind, it can only ne experienced, take the mind body organism away and it is there in its pure Silence, it cannot tell you what it is, it cannot argue about what it is or what it isn't, only the mind can bo that, but the mind can never be what IS, so all that we are sharing here can never be what IS, but through my own inner experience I have Realized all that I have shared, and that is all I can do, no less, no more.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:44 AM
Knower
Hi psychoslice
I truly enjoyed reading your opening post, then who are we?...I have just finished reading this book "Initiation" By Elizabeth Haich where the writer was asking that very question Who am I? then set about finding out and as the saying go's Ask and you will be given... Seek and you will find... Knock and the door will be open.
The book is an autobiography of a womans awakening it's a stunning read. I found this link to the pdf of the book so it can be downloaded...I think you may be interested as it may answer some of your questions and other peoples. I know it answered many of the questions to the experiences I've had.

http://www.znakovi-vremena.net/en/El...Initiation.pdf

http://www.haich.de/pdf/Haich-Yesudian-vonPertler.pdf

This is the words of Elizabeth Haich
“IN THE LAST GREAT EPOCH in human history, people in the West forgot completely that it isn’t enough to knew the secrets of physics, mathematics, and chemistry, and that on the contrary the very first object of man’s study, research and understanding should be man himself, the discoverer of all these secrets. While his attention was directed to things outside himself, he neglected to look inside and ask the question, Who am I? This omission had serious consequences: while technological developments became ever more perfect, man himself became more and more imperfect. At the very time that engineering and technology were enhancing man’s personal comfort, his soul was sinking deeper and deeper into dissatisfaction and misery. A person who has lost himself is plagued by burning unrest, and the result of inner dissatisfaction, tragedy within the man, is always war, destruction, cosmic catastrophe. Humanity plunges into misery for the same reason that people seek happiness outside themselves, instead of in the one and only place where it can be found, within! But the sufferings that often seem to grow and compound themselves finally force us to turn our attention away from things and toward the person who is suffering—ourself! Sooner or later we must learn that the true reason for our sufferings our abysmal lack of self-understanding and self-control. Man simply does not know his own soul and the principles and forces at work deep within it. He does not know the source of his thoughts or the tree of his wishes, and chained dawn by this ignorance of his own being, cannot control either himself or his destiny. In the same blind way in which he follows his animal instincts and urges, fate buffets him to and fro like a rudderless ship in a storm. On the other hand, when one has learned recognize the various levels at which life goes on within his self, and learn to control himself, he is also able to control his fate. The power which guides our fate did not create man for misery but for happiness. Only blindness pushes him into suffering.”

—ELISABETH HAICH
From Self Healing, Yoga & Destiny

Old 08-04-2012, 01:11 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
According to me that question is irrelevant.

Matter is not 'someone' is it?

Although I tend not to think in terms of such definitions, for me enlightened means continuously aware in silent unboundaried presence.

Pure awareness expresses itself in myriad ways... sometimes through the mind.

With self awareness we can see how we are opening more in awareness and love for no reason

Xan
Then there's this..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Comparisons and judgments, fixed definitions and positions, are merely more of the conflictual 'ego' mind, and don't serve the expansion and awakening.

Letting go of all those mental habits does.
Xan
There is the mantra-like fixed recital of beliefs that reveals the attachment which is inconsistent with experiential understanding..

Be well..
Old 08-04-2012, 01:15 AM
Master
I agree with everything Elizabeth Haich said, except the part about "the last great epoch in human history".

In my view, it's the last epoch of human idiocy, which ends in the return to awareness of our true nature within.

Xan

Old 08-04-2012, 01:49 AM
Administrator
Hello

I was reading a book and this line struck me....

"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained."

Mark Twain
Old 08-04-2012, 02:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

I was reading a book and this line struck me....

"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained."

Mark Twain
Gee I like that, being the psycho and all lol.
Old 08-04-2012, 02:05 AM
Master
Quote:
My purpose is to point out at possible delusions.
Well while you are pointing there's more fingers pointing back at you.
Old 08-04-2012, 02:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Can those things be known by reading the words of another?
How long does it take you to understand what I am trying to say, words are just words, but words can also be as pointers, a sign is a sign, but does a sign have any value, while one is caught up in the words that's where they will stay, but if one is under grace words can ignite that which is waiting to be discovered.