Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Closed Thread

Old 27-09-2006, 07:59 PM
dreamer

Hi Chadley,

yeh, good points. One thing i wonder, even though it seems perverse to suggest it, do you not think that for someone to truly believe that they were God and all this entailed, if they were not deluded but a master fully aware of all this entails...do you not think that to admit you are God is the ultimate loss of ego in this case?? You would have to lose your ego to be able to remain at peace within yourself with all the flack you would get which in essence would be the test for if you truly are god or not, maybe?? I'm not saying i am by the way, but you might be?? Is the ego not just that bit of you that exaggerates the truth, what if the truth cannot be exaggerated, where does the ego go then, there would be no more lies to be told no need to exaggerate would there?
Old 27-09-2006, 08:45 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer
Hi Chadley,

yeh, good points. One thing i wonder, even though it seems perverse to suggest it, do you not think that for someone to truly believe that they were God and all this entailed, if they were not deluded but a master fully aware of all this entails...do you not think that to admit you are God is the ultimate loss of ego in this case?? You would have to lose your ego to be able to remain at peace within yourself with all the flack you would get which in essence would be the test for if you truly are god or not, maybe?? I'm not saying i am by the way, but you might be?? Is the ego not just that bit of you that exaggerates the truth, what if the truth cannot be exaggerated, where does the ego go then, there would be no more lies to be told no need to exaggerate would there?

Lol, good post dreamer! I have also wondered about that exact same thing too but I am of the opinion that yes, it would be egotism. Who knows...maybe it is a trick of the ego to translate such a statement as 'I am God' into a spiritual quest, whilst taking all the undoubtable criticisms and ignoring them. Or maybe not. But I am leaning towards what we have said before...that we are all an aspect of God.

Additionally, even if one seriously began to believe that they were God, then surely their 'personal powers' would be in exact alignment with the spiritual powers of the divine...and I cannot see anybody who would be granted that much power, not with contemplating and believing that they are GOD. That would just be delusion on a grand scale!

Kundalini.
Old 27-09-2006, 09:10 PM
dreamer

Maybe God is the ultimate ego, i mean you'd have to have a big ego to have the confidence to love everybody no matter what they do because you know that you will ensure that everything will be okay in the end - cos you are God.
Old 27-09-2006, 09:24 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer
Maybe God is the ultimate ego, i mean you'd have to have a big ego to have the confidence to love everybody no matter what they do because you know that you will ensure that everything will be okay in the end - cos you are God.

Well dreamer, I suppose that all depends on your definition of God. My own definition is that I would refer to 'God' as Source and that that source is everywhere and everything. However, my beliefs also entail that angels and spirit guides etc. do not have egos. I have however only gleaned that particular belief from reading books BUT that does make sense to me. So it would follow that God or Source etc. is also without ego.

Also, I would think that if one had the confidence to love everybody no matter what because that person could always ensure a good outcome because they are God, then would they have or have a need to have an EGO really?

Kundalini.
Old 27-09-2006, 10:14 PM
BLAIR2BE

well, my definition of god has nothing like ego or confidence, as these things seem to be created through interaction of "the enrergy" with physical beings...(hence, if there was never physical life, ego and confidence would not exist)...whatcha think>>>
Old 06-10-2006, 07:15 PM
dreamer

Greatest ego allied with greatest humility.
Closed Thread