Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 23-02-2024, 12:48 AM
Master

Imagine if you only knew the animals in your local areas existed. (Noah's Ark makes more sense if you only knew a handful of animals exist.) Imagine you did not know about the other 7 million animals. Imagine you did not know about fossils or evolution or apes or monkeys! Imagine you had no electricity, no internet, no phones, no way to travel fast or far, no way to acquire any knowledge other than talking to someone in your local village.

Then you're sitting around a fire one night and someone asks, "Where did we come from? Us people here? It takes a woman and a man to make a new person so where did the first woman and man come from?" To someone with only that knowledge, a God I think is the most intelligent answer. There's really nothing else that could have done it based on what they knew.

But then me today, while I have a lot more info and know about fossil records and the 7 million plus animals, I still think intelligent beings are behind it all. I think DNA is something someone designed. It's "code" to me telling certain matter what to create. So just like the person who wrote Genesis, I think unseen vastly advanced intelligent beings are behind the scenes involved with the creation of what we find existing on earth. No human has the knowledge to create DNA, we just alter and mess with what we find and what already exists.
Old 23-02-2024, 01:02 AM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Try: 'The Door Of Everything' - channeled thru Ruby Nelson
-The Impersonal Life -also channeled..
No surprise here but I am very skeptical of channeling…..it does convince the one that channels and also enriches them materially……

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 23-02-2024 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 23-02-2024, 01:22 AM
Master
.....and can one say, the Bible Books are channeled material?

It appears that some if not all channel material is accepted except what is in the Bible. Is that not a contradiction?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 23-02-2024, 04:11 AM
Master

BigJohn. According to Edgar Cayce, Atlantis certainly did exist. If your interested you can find all his readings on this subject on his website.
Old 23-02-2024, 04:37 AM
Master
Edgar Cayce's version of Atlantis does not resonate with Plato's version. It was Plato that gave us Atlantis. Edgar Cayce's version came about over 2 millenniums later.

I consider this to be important.

You would expect some people would resonate with Plato's version but I haven't found anybody like that but myself. But then, I never met anybody that had read Plato's version. What more can I say?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 23-02-2024, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
.....and can one say, the Bible Books are channeled material?
It appears that some if not all channel material is accepted except what is in the Bible. Is that not a contradiction?
I accept words coming thru prophets in the Old Test...esp Jeremiah. :) Well, many of them.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-02-2024, 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
.. But then, I never met anybody that had read Plato's version. What more can I say?
As I recall Plato's version is very short.
I have no reason not to believe it...PBS has done great shows on Atlantis referring to Plato often!

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-02-2024, 05:26 AM
Master
Plato's version is very short..... but it is the original version.

When I look at the 'other versions', I never found one that resonated with Plato's version.

But then...... I suspect Plato was telling a bigger 'yarn' when he delivered on Atlantis. The part I liked was when the men of Athens, went and defeated Atlantis....... something the other versions seem to forget to mention.

Old 23-02-2024, 05:52 AM
Master

I don't know anything about Atlantis except it's a sunken city. Now days with polar ice melting, oceans rising and earthquakes and hurricanes and volcano's I suspect a lot of cities will be underwater in about 100 years. Where I live a bunch of houses are always getting slammed by ocean waves coming more and more inland every year. In fact, they now this year have to move a long section of train tracks due to cliffs collapsing on the coast.

I googled Atlantis and the wiki page says it is a work of fiction.
Old 23-02-2024, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
I googled Atlantis and the wiki page says it is a work of fiction.
Wiki probably thinks Krishna is fiction, too. Ha, AND probably the Flood and the Ark; to stay truly on topic, lol.
Personally, no one can say that it didn't exist, not a researcher or Wikipedia.
I have a friend that is blown away that he has detailed memories of being on Atlantis
.. he described many things to me and with a heavy heart .
Why? As I recall because the scientists did things so against nature and what was 'right'.
People can roll their eyes ...but sitting with him was quite an experience.