Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Christianity (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Adam and Eve - Noah's Ark (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=148369)

one-light 18-02-2024 01:38 PM

Adam and Eve - Noah's Ark

Ok, in this modern world, when many of us rethink different religions, and some of what was written 'differently' all those years ago - 'I know' the Romans told us porkie pies, re 'how' Jesus passed from here all those years ago, as on the link I wrote on below in 2019, so 'how much' other stuff written is totally correct / or not.

And if correct - your opinions please on the years etc... Science tells us we evolved from Apes...

https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...d.php?t=130330

sky 20-02-2024 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one-light
Science tells us we evolved from Apes

And I personally believe them...

According to Genesis 1:25 animals came before humans, but it depends which Genesis is believed, 1 or 2 :smile:

Altair 20-02-2024 08:42 AM

Still this old horse? The science is clear about it.

Humans as a species coming from two people doesn’t work evolutionary. Species adapt and pass on their genes, technically there is no “human”, “erectus”, “australopithecus etc. It is easy to think about species, even the world, cultures etc. in terms of NOUNS, when actually it really helps if you think of it all as VERBS.

(p.s. [for anyone who feels spoken to] I have no patience for ignorance )

sky 20-02-2024 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altair
Still this old horse? The science is clear about it.

(p.s. [for anyone who feels spoken to] I have no patience for ignorance )

Not bothered :D

Redchic12 20-02-2024 11:20 AM

Jeez Altair have you swallowed a dictionary lol

FallingLeaves 20-02-2024 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altair
Humans as a species coming from two people doesn’t work evolutionary.

well as this is the christian forum can i remind you that god doesn't have to follow our rules for how things work?

Just because we say something, that doesn't make it so.

Altair 20-02-2024 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redchic12
Jeez Altair have you swallowed a dictionary lol

Not yet..

Just remember, the world is a collection of verbs. It's about ongoing stories, the species around you didn't start at ''page 1'', it's more like any other pages, and the previous page is a very slightly different version of it. A human culture is like that too.

Miss Hepburn 20-02-2024 05:14 PM

Quote:

. Science tells us we evolved from Apes...

And here I thought our bodies evolved from an amoeba-like organism in the ocean,
(not our soul/spirit).

one-light 20-02-2024 05:22 PM

I'm reading all that you lovely people say here...

I've not researched at all on how we evolved, I know some of it I've read here and there over the years - It's 'just' in churches and the new generation that comes in - we have to be so careful what is said, as in they believe us - or they don't come again - I think it's important what is said / or not...

So keep sharing your opinions everyone - I respect to everyone's free choice what to say here.

Maisy 20-02-2024 07:12 PM

Quote:

Science tells us we evolved from Apes...

The first human-like traits to appear in the hominin fossil record are bipedal walking and smaller, blunt canines. The oldest hominins currently known are Sahelanthropus tchadensis from Chad and Orrorin tugenensis from Kenya. Could be Sahelanthropus tchadensis and Orrorin tugenensis are "Adam and Eve" mentioned in bible.

Why did these human like traits suddenly appear in the fossil record? I think such events have a cause. I think intelligent beings made this change in the DNA of certain higher intelligence animals as modern humans was a creation and a work in progress for a long time.