Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 20-11-2016, 03:24 PM
Master

Quote:
One has to be a bit careful with "finding a teacher." It's often said that when you're ready a teacher will appear - assuming you've done enough to make yourself ready which in turn assumes you've some idea of what your path should be.

The process of the teacher/mentor appearance is an opportunity that happens. Ever person will have but "must" see or take an opportunity. The opportunity is to accept but keep in mind it is an opportunity of or into the unknown. The opportunity to change. I actually have found opportunity repeat themselves. This is a choice or think of it as an examination and I was never good with exams myself. The same opportunity happens multiple times so one does not have to jump at the first time, it is not the first one or last one but all can be passed up and does not mean it wasn't given. Choice. A good example is look at some opportunity you passed by and we all remember one or two of them making a choice about it, if one is aware of what they do. We forget universe provides opportunity and will reprovide again as it is merely potential and remains a choice and events like the teacher might still be rejected in the now one is in. They are not things but events. They are about the self. The universe provides not once nor imo infinite times to any single person, they are measured, they are you. The universe is in abundance and there are many people and the wish like finding a teacher is provided is it not, but there are a limited number of teachers.... I'd say if one has many life cycles and it is about learning then be patient.

As far as self-initiation that is because one would not have the teacher they have right now teaching, so are leaving that system and teacher. For instance some might leave their teaching to go to another where they are coming to the teaching, even the one you are leaving. What applies to one applies to all, right. The individual preceding any change self initiates beforehand but now has a different teacher as you do. It can be no other way if one does not have teacher who teaches something else. Of course self initiation does not happen if you don't change or amend teachings if one has never left their teaching. The rule is different. So a lot of times there is no self initiation and this in fact may not be good at all. This is my thought and experience, all teaching (may) need to be amended, certainly examined. One should not accept blindly imo. It is teachers who believe in specific ways where non-teachers don't. Teachers tell non-teachers certain things and claims expertise and authority, we do not (and we might be correct). I therefore am satisfied because my former teaching taught me this.

Last edited by lemex : 20-11-2016 at 04:24 PM.
Old 20-11-2016, 06:59 PM
Administrator
As Bruce Lee so rightly points out... “Its like a finger pointing away to the moon. Dont concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory.”

a master/guru is just a finger pointing the way. you have to take in your own heavenly glory or you miss the point all together
Old 21-11-2016, 08:20 PM
Master
A true guru can help "introduce" one to that true nature.