Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 19-08-2015, 10:49 PM
Experiencer

I really need someone's advice.
Old 19-08-2015, 11:04 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatd
Molearner - I appreciate your response and semi understand it. If this is the case though and Jesus WAS God's only begotten son, how did his death save us? Was he an actual sacrifice, like a lamb or an animal? And why would a loving God require a blood sacrifice? What in that requirement would save us? OR Was his life more important than his death and the importance has been put in the wrong place? I personally feel his life was more important than his death because I don't understand the sacrifice. How can I believe something if I don't understand it?

Jatd,

There will always be difficulty in understanding. Rather than assign a greater importance to his life or death, I personally choose to put the importance on his teaching, parables and the way he lived his life. Think of the alternative.....for example........if Jesus lived to be 80 and died a natural death. If this had been the case who could believe that the son of God could ever die? And if he had lived such a long life wouldn't he have been tortured to explain all of his parables? Parables are meant to be understood thru contemplation and accessing the Holy Spirit. That is the spiritual work that is meant for us. Our progress is made possible by the interior work that we do......not by accepting the interpretation of someone else.

I would suggest reading John 16:4-15. Notice especially verse 7: "Nevertheless I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you."

Jesus was declaring openly that it was to our benefit that he go away. The manner of his going could be viewed as fulfilling scripture. It is the fulfillment of scripture that contributes to establishing its validity.
Old 19-08-2015, 11:16 PM
Deactivated Account
No religion or belief system has the monopoly on awakening you, you are all there is already, you are one in God or Consciousness, you only need to awaken to this truth.

Religions no matter what religion can keep you away from discovering your true inner Being, they can point you to that which is but that's all they will ever do. Don't make your camp in any belief system, use the system to its best and move on from there as soon as possible, just like a stepping stone.

The man Jesus was only a man that discovered his true inner Being the Christ, we are all the Christ, and all we need to do is to discover it for ourselves, that is what true religion is.
Old 20-08-2015, 01:34 AM
madera23

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
No religion or belief system has the monopoly on awakening you, you are all there is already, you are one in God or Consciousness, you only need to awaken to this truth.

Religions no matter what religion can keep you away from discovering your true inner Being, they can point you to that which is but that's all they will ever do. Don't make your camp in any belief system, use the system to its best and move on from there as soon as possible, just like a stepping stone.

The man Jesus was only a man that discovered his true inner Being the Christ, we are all the Christ, and all we need to do is to discover it for ourselves, that is what true religion is.

If you are the Christ,,, Iam santa claus. LOL
Old 20-08-2015, 02:05 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by madera23

If you are the Christ,,, Iam santa claus. LOL
You don't understand, the Christ, or Buddha hood is our true Being, its the thread that runs through all, its called all sorts of names, Christ being only one name. You are too conditioned to believe the Christ is a man only, Jesus became the Christ, and that was his teachings, for you to become the Christ. He made the Christ personified, so others who heard his teachings could have some idea of what he was pointing to, just like all his parables, they weren't to be taken literal, and this is what has happened to the Christ, to go against this is the to be the anti-Christ.
Old 20-08-2015, 03:55 AM
madera23

Think. Anyway you want, but I am quite aware.
Thank you anyway.
madera
Old 20-08-2015, 01:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Jatd,

There will always be difficulty in understanding. Rather than assign a greater importance to his life or death, I personally choose to put the importance on his teaching, parables and the way he lived his life. Think of the alternative.....for example........if Jesus lived to be 80 and died a natural death. If this had been the case who could believe that the son of God could ever die? And if he had lived such a long life wouldn't he have been tortured to explain all of his parables? Parables are meant to be understood thru contemplation and accessing the Holy Spirit. That is the spiritual work that is meant for us. Our progress is made possible by the interior work that we do......not by accepting the interpretation of someone else.

I would suggest reading John 16:4-15. Notice especially verse 7: "Nevertheless I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you."

Jesus was declaring openly that it was to our benefit that he go away. The manner of his going could be viewed as fulfilling scripture. It is the fulfillment of scripture that contributes to establishing its validity.

Ok ok, I get this. Yes, and when I said his life, I meant exactly what you were talking about his teachings etc... But as you stated if he had died at 80 who would have believed.. SO,... it was his astonishing death that had to be the attention catcher. I get that. Thank you for explaining it that way. Such a blessing. Thank you again.
Old 20-08-2015, 02:32 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
... the Christ, or Buddha hood is our true Being, its the thread that runs through all, its called all sorts of names, Christ being only one name.
You are too conditioned to believe the Christ is a man only, Jesus became the Christ, and that was his teachings, for you to become the Christ.
He made the Christ personified, so others who heard his teachings could have some idea of what he was pointing to, just like all his parables, they weren't to be taken literal,
and this is what has happened to the Christ, to go against this is the to be the anti-Christ.
Exactly.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-08-2015, 06:52 PM
Master
Quote:
You don't understand, the Christ, or Buddha hood is our true Being, its the thread that runs through all, its called all sorts of names, Christ being only one name. You are too conditioned to believe the Christ is a man only, Jesus became the Christ, and that was his teachings, for you to become the Christ. He made the Christ personified, so others who heard his teachings could have some idea of what he was pointing to, just like all his parables, they weren't to be taken literal, and this is what has happened to the Christ, to go against this is the to be the anti-Christ.

This. ^^^

Christ is a state of consciousness, fear free and all encompassing loving. It is realizing the Divine Within and to become realized as a speck of the Divine, or as Jesus said A Son of God. (or Daughter) It is to know that all other Beings one meets are also a speck of the Divine, whether they realize it or not yet. :) Alpha and Omega and Omnipresent means the Divine lives within ALL beings, whether they are AWARE of it or not. To not ne aware of it is merely to still be in the illusion that one is somehow magically separate from the God which is all Space, all when, all things.

Jesus was a man who achieved Christ Consciousness - meaning became fully realized while still in human body and so he was called Jesus the Christ.

I could call Miss H, Miss H the Christ and it would be true as she too dwells in unconditional love for all now and knows fully what her relationship is with the Divine, allows the Divine to live through her and has the Gifts of the Spirit.
She might stick her tongue out at me though as she's rather humble
Old 20-08-2015, 07:09 PM
Master
Daniel 7:13 - Old Testament:

"In my vision in the night I saw one coming who's presence was like the Son of Man; He was led along side the Ancient of Days, and into His presence.
He was given authority and power and all soverienity..."

Daniel was written ages before the New Testament.
Our present texts and translations are confirmed and validated by archaeological finds like the Dead Sea Scrolls.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein