Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 16-02-2016, 09:13 AM
Master
Yeah 2 and 3 are my second faves. I've heard the new episodes are getting really good ratings, so hopefully they do make some more.

In the meantime, I'm going through netflix watching through few of the monster of the week episodes i missed or forgot years ago when X-files was first televised (already went through ufo/main story arc ones recently). Show really holds up well, think i was too young maybe to appreciate how well some of the writing was back when i first watched them.
Old 16-02-2016, 09:40 AM
Deactivated Account
The original eps were absolutely brilliant, I have the entire series although there was a bit of history around getting them as at the time it was impossible without spending a fortune on a very heavy stack of VHS tapes lol. I'm still in awe of the writing of many of the eps, even the less 'obviously good' ones. I still love Milagro and The Ghosts who Stole Christmas from season 6 - one serious, one funny, neither standard conspiracy nor 'monster of the week' episodes of the show, but both are just amazing.
Old 16-02-2016, 09:48 AM
Suspended

I'm a pretty big X-Files geek and have been marothoning the original series on bluray. I'm sad I can not watch the new season because I work on Monday nights (booooo!). I'm going to catch up when the new season comes out on bluray.

Ah the days of VHS. How I don't miss those days.
Old 16-02-2016, 09:55 AM
Deactivated Account
Ah shame you missed them coming out but at least it's pretty easy to get access to stuff these days, not like those days when it literally was tapes or nought!! I have them on DVD now, I must add, so that's a good upgrade for me!

Watching the new eps is making me feel quite nostalgic about the original series. In the words of Mulder 'do you ever wish you could do it all again?'
Old 11-03-2016, 05:48 PM
Suspended

I'm just going to leave this right here.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNtfUSzJJQI

Old 12-03-2016, 01:09 AM
Master

Some are saying that the x files reboot was for the purpose of prepping everyone for disclosure and that the 1st and last episode have very accurate information about the real state of those in power and what has been done and hidden
Old 12-03-2016, 10:09 AM
Experiencer
Some are saying that about Doctor Who too. It's the Daleks who're really in charge.
Old 13-03-2016, 01:53 PM
Guide

Love this series but I was kinda let down by the reboot ... Idk something was just missing from the charm of the original :/
Old 14-03-2016, 12:04 PM
Deactivated Account
Yeah I agree that something is missing. I haven't seen the final episode yet (showing tonight) but it might be that they tried to cram too much into a mini series. While I understand the reasoning behind making 6, I feel it would've been better if they made 12 or even 15 and slowly introduced the audience to where Mulder and Scully is now. For me, the charm of the original comes from the slow development of the characters and getting to know what's going on. While the series is picking up from where it has left off, I feel a slower introduction with perhaps a couple more conspiracy eps would have been better. I love the fact it's back, but I cant connect with this series the same way.
Old 15-03-2016, 08:24 AM
Master
The way I look at it, even in the original series, to me the motw episodes were usually- i loved them or thought they missed the mark or bored me. Even the mythology episodes in the original series imo were roughly batting .500, the first 6 or so seasons were more compelling on balance, with the last few seasons sort of meandering and going off the rails, a lot of it sort of went in circles in a sense, in the interest of keep upping the ante on dramatic tension, how many ways really, can you continually be having a secret government/alien world conspiracy plot discovered and thwarted, or staved off?

Even the movies, the first one i loved, the second one i didn't care for as much.

Considering also that it's been 13 years since the series ended, to say nothing of the fact that it's nearly a quarter century since X-Files began, 15 or so since Duchovny was fully involved, i don't think it's fair to expect X-Files to retain the same magic it had back in the day. Once i saw the previews back in 2015, i went in with fairly low expectations. The new six pack tbh was better than I thought it would be, even felt like vintage X-Files to me for stretches & moments here and there. Like the originals I more or less liked half of the episodes.

The bookend mythology episodes def. felt rushed and cramming bunch of things in there, but Seazen makes a good point in that I'm glad a mainstream show is putting such interesting, modern soci-political issues to the forefront & love all the hype and enthusiasm people have for the show in 2016.

Will absolutely be watching if they make another season or movie. If Anderson & Duchovny are replaced, hmm then i'll still give it a chance but would not be happy about it, that's for sure.

Was a little disappointed that agent Reyes ended up selling out to the smoking man, ouch. But would love that character in any new x-files, and also think they should be back Alex Krycek, man i loved hating on the character, haha. Never trusted him, but always moved the plot twists around in fun ways. I know he died, but if they have the nerve to tell us the cigarette man somehow survived that explosion, then I'm sure they could drum up some excuse to say how Krycek gets the X-Files Lazarus treatment.

Or that blonde girl too.

And hey, if it isn't the same quality, I still think they had a great run with the original series. With the right writers, feel like the potential is still there. Question to me is, will agent Scully and agent Mulder pass the batons to some new recruits, and if so, will those two agents introduced in the last two episodes be the ones they roll with?