Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 04:50 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer
Ok my friend, ok.

Really? No contra-view to my prior post? Its funny because on this forum, you can usually expect a rebuttal. I love it! Cosmic bantor is so much fun. hee hee.
Old 17-09-2006, 12:58 PM
Master
This notion that there is nothing but me gave me a lot of problems. I needed something more than just me. I needed other people and a God too.
To escape the terrible feeling of aloneness I turn the point around and say there is nothing but God; including me and everyone else. In a sense the same person who IS is God and everything we/I/you experience is manifestations of God.
You could say God and me are the same person, therefore there is just me. But that is too restrictive. I say EVERYTHING and God is the same person, from ants to fear to soul to divine love etc. If everything was me I would be the centre; if everything was God than God is the centre. True, ultimately we are talking about the same being but the emphasis is different.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 17-09-2006, 01:05 PM
dreamer

Hey honza, it can be looked at in three ways and all are valid, Iam the one, everything is the one, God is the one and I am an aspect of God. There is no need to be troubled by the concept, there is no need to feel loneliness - you are in truth God and as God you have the power to make your experience comfortable in whatever way you choose it has and will always be so, you are God what harm can come to you when you realise this and all this implies?
Old 17-09-2006, 01:33 PM
Master
What bugs me with believing 'I Am The One' is that I feel I'm giving my ego a cause and a reason to grow, to get bigger.
'God Is The One' puts my ego into perspective.
There are things that I cannot achieve, I have limitations. If I was to believe 'I Am The One' I might forget my limitations and get into all sorts of predicaments. GOD has no limitations but I do. The same person or not; God is bigger than me. I feel its sensible to be cautious.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 17-09-2006, 03:24 PM
Glorymist

Nice touch - - Honza.
Old 17-09-2006, 03:25 PM
Glorymist

And Chadley - - "creation" doesn't happen here. Manifestation does.

:->
Old 17-09-2006, 04:02 PM
Guide

Yes, Glory. Perhaps I more specifically should have said manifestation of creation. The creation originates in the up there and transmutates into what is down here, uh. Now Glory, say, "manifestation of creation" 10 times fast. I dare you. lol
Old 17-09-2006, 05:12 PM
dreamer

Ah but the trick is not to see honza as the one alone, but honza's self as the one and everything else as a manifestation of honza's self (both concious and subconcious if you like) so that everything and everyone becomes an aspect of yourself. the two become one and it follows that to love yourself you must love everything because iot is all you. As i said there are other ways to look at it but essentially the end result is the same whichever avenue you take.

like your soul has been put inside a kaleidascope and you look out to see every aspect of ourself seemingly seperate but in essence one.
Old 17-09-2006, 05:52 PM
Glorymist

Chadley - - I didn't say - - manifestation of creation. I said - - manifestation.

Old 17-09-2006, 07:57 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorymist
Chadley - - I didn't say - - manifestation of creation. I said - - manifestation.

You mean you didn't even say it once? I told you to do it 10 times fast. Wrong answer! LOL

Ok, do I dare ask, whats the distinction? Can manifestations occur without the creation taking place first. I'm sure you are right and I am blending the definitions and confusing myself. Micro or macro tidbit?
Closed Thread