Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 12-06-2014, 11:27 AM
Master
@Sundancer, great tips!!

Apart from all that's been said, bear in mind that a cat will not stay in one place. So I'm thinking you're grasping at straws, sorry ... I got 3 cats myself, so understand you're drive, matter of fact, one of them is missing. I got a neighbour who's threatened to kill him, cos he comes in his garden all the time. I fear the worst.
But I would never think of the pendulum, because if he is still alive, he'll move around and cats can cover quite a large area too.

Questions that may lead somewhere are indeed: is he/she alive? Is he out in the open? Is he in someone else's home? Is he within 1 mile of my home? Does he stay within 1 mile of my home? If yes, narrow it down, half a mile etc. Is he able to come home himself? (as in not captive or wounded)

Good luck, I hope you find your cat, one way or another!!
Old 12-06-2014, 11:57 AM
Guide
Fairy, thank you for saying the tips were good. Now I must say thanks for the great tips to you. :) New to map dowsing, so these are fantastic to add to my question list.

I inherited two feral cats because of that. My co-worker had them under her home and when she told me about the neighbour going to kill them, the one especially because she was black, well I just couldn't let that happen. They are the most affectionate, well behaved cats you could imagine. :)
Old 18-06-2014, 10:36 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisbet
I am new to dowsing and tried map dowsing to find a missing cat. I was able to find a place quickly with clear yes's and no's.

My question is, what are the chances of false positives for a novice dowser? Is it possible that my subconscious is giving me false answers?

I haven't tried door to door or anything so I have no idea if my cat is truly in the area I found on the map.

I suggest to actually go and check out the area you are getting.. otherwise you are doubting yourself and it could well be right. Even if you go there and find the cat dead on a side of a road, that would be good for closure. Doubt of your ability is likely to get in the way of developing skills like this. Im of the opinion that a state of faith and trust helps.. esp when you have such an important question in mind. You are dowsing something you are deeply connected too, so that should help to.

As a beginner, the first time I even tried dowsing.. I managed to dowse out the correct age for a dog in years and months. (I think I did far better then I do now).
Old 19-06-2014, 04:16 AM
Experiencer

Thank you, sea-dove. You are right, if I don't go look I will forever be doubting. I seem to be holding myself back on that front.

I did ask alive or dead, got alive. After a couple sessions I got a pretty exact address. I asked if he was in the house, if he was allowed outside, about other cats, etc. according to my sessions he's alive and well, not allowed out of the house he is in and lives with one other cat. I asked if I go knock on the door, will I see him, will they give him back. It started getting more vague from there. I think I'd have to go back with a clearer head to such questions, or really just go knock on the door! But apparently they may not give him back right away or perhaps deny it.

One interesting question I asked was does he want to come home? I got yes, no, then dead stop. Like a yes and no rather than an unsure (unsure is a circle for me). That was neat! I take it he's having fun with new friends but also misses us. Then again it may just be hard to ask what someone else is thinking.

One thing I asked was if they saw my photos of him posted in their neighborhood. I got yes. Did they recognize him? No. I tried all sorts of questions to find out why, to no avail. Then this week we had a call about a cat in someone's yard. They saw a flyer on their mailbox. The cat was totally different and looking at the weather-worn photo, I basically had my answer. Tough to recognize!

Anyway I hope when I muster the courage they will at least call if I leave my number with them at the house I got a hit for. If they deny it first but then have a change of heart. I have trouble with doubting my intuition all the time and this feels like a big obstacle for me.

I have some dates from a horary reading too. So I'm trying to find "the best time".
Old 19-06-2014, 08:00 PM
leadville

Keep us up-to-speed on unfolding events, will you?
Old 25-06-2014, 04:10 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadville
Keep us up-to-speed on unfolding events, will you?

I will. I'm still hesitating on knocking on doors because I have a date of July 21 in mind.

I've asked sot of questions with the pendulum. Have determined that my cat is in the same house he's been for a while, and is well taken care of. Not sure the home owner will willingly hand him over though. But I am having more dreams of the cats sudden return. I asked if he'd be better off coming back home to us and his sister and got a yes, so I feel more motivated today.

It's hard getting support from my partner because he doesn't want to get his hopes up (the cat was his since he was a kitten) only to be disappointed. Then I have a toddler who is with me 24/7. So I'm even more hesitant to go knocking on random doors. But I've done absolutely everything else short of knocking on doors that I can.

Pendulum can't tell me the best time to check out the home I suspect he is in, unfortunately. I will definitely come back here when I've knocked though!