Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 28-07-2012, 12:21 AM
wildflower57

I don't find it easy to make friends or connect with people. I don't know why.
Maybe because I get attached so easily. I don't have the space or capacity to handle meaningless relationships.

Another thing, I'm terrible nervous and get incredibly shy. I stutter and don't know where I am or what I'm doing. Its terrible.

Its not that I'm unsocial or unfriendly, I have issues from being rejected so much.
Old 28-07-2012, 01:13 AM
Mayflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower57
I don't feel okay about that, abiding I mean. I understand it completely but I'm usually right about these kind of feelings.
I didn't abide the devilish acts of my family members and I broke free of the cycle. There are too many different situations to convey. Too many grey areas.
Thats whats so fasinating and releaving about Buddhism to someone like me.
Here we can all meet. Here we find love and pure souls.
It can be more damaging to abide. Concepts and situations are endless. There's no right or wrong way to this spacific thing, its to deep. Its like grabbing onto air.

I have a pure heart but its hard to keep your purity when your whole universe is questions or doubted. It fills a heart with sorrow, it pains it and damages it.

When others walk around and don't realize how deeply intertwined we are, I just want to scream, "I feel your energy! I know your ways! I can feel you!"

Its like theres a brick wall deviding us. For if we connected out of our comfort zones we are proned to feel out of place or "lame"

You know, all mystics - Catholic, Christian, non-Christian, no matter what their theology, no matter what their religion - are unanimous on one thing: that all is well, all is well. Though everything is a mess, all is well. Strange paradox, to be sure. But, tragically, most people never get to see that all is well because they are asleep. They are having a nightmare.

Anthony de Mello (1931 - 1987) Jesuit Priest
Old 28-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Guide
Quote:
I don't consider my emotions part of my ego.
Do you know what happens when you bruise someone's ego, they get hurt, ego is part of a mind-emotional body connection. Such as the inner child, higher self, and it goes on...
Quote:
There is yin and there is yang. There is good and there is evil.
That is part of it, but there is more....
Quote:
I know what it looks like when someone is filled with evil. Compassion towards evil? Isn't there some other alternative other than ignoring it?
Compassion transforms. Ignoring isn't compassion. Also acceptence isn't ignoring. One can express compassion in several ways.
Quote:
Lead by example. No one notices. No one learns. People mistake the natural good qualities of being human as being weak.
Who says no one learns? Some people may mistake good qualities as weak till they experience your inner strength. Then they may run away because it is too strong. Yes, this is true. Others may see it and say, I want to be like that. What is weak about saying I love you, but cannot let you abuse me and putting a stand to it, setting healthy boundaries. What is weak about saying I understand you, but No, I will not walk your path with you? I may even report you to the police/mental health folks where you will get the help you need. Compassion doesn't mean be a doormat, or punching bag for people. You have to love yourself too.

Quote:
I understand what needs to be done deep down. But theres a fight in me saying "You can change this! Look at who you are and who you've become! You are here to put stop to hatered"
Yes, you can. But what happens when you fight hate with intolerance and more hate? (I define intolerance as intolerance of anthor's personal views/feelings/beliefs rather than toxic actions.)

Quote:
I just know in my heart cave theres something I can do. I haven't gotten that far.
This is really good. Okay, go to your cave, see what is there? Is it you? What does she say?

Quote:
I just want to help and bring love, peace and understanding to things that need it.
Can you bring this to your cave first? Then spread it to the world?
Old 28-07-2012, 05:34 PM
wildflower57

I do not fight hate with intolerance and more hate. I feel too much of everyone elses emotions. I hear too many of their thoughts. I see their colors and energy. I take on too much of their pain and it literaly feels like my own. Its almost impossible to not "tune out" every once in a while. But ONLY every once in a while. I pull my **** together most of them.
Although my 'tune out mode' goes on auto piolet by itself when I just don't have inner strength.
Please, its NOT that I don't have the stength because I say I don't have the strength. To be weak is real. Sometimes its okay. It gives you sweet taste of surmounting and victory. Its very rewarding.

Just because I say I didn't have enough inner stength it doesn't mean I'm weak, it also doesn't mean I'm Super Woman.
I am very familure with...I don't know how to describe them..they're like the walking dead. They've all sold their souls. They aren't even on the brink of awakening like most folks...no
they were there, woke up, fell back to sleep and gave up.
I love them but they will use that to their advantage if they see that. If you call them out even ever so politely and compassionate..
all hell breaks lose.
Sometimes a nice cold serving of wake up call is just what someone needs.
I do love myself. It took a lot of time to love myself for I didn't even know who I was but I DO love myself. I'm very proud of who I've become.

I don't believe that. Everything is a mess but all is well? Maybe in SOME cases but not all. Most certainly not in my case growing up. It was unsafe, dangerous and scary. I could have died. I had to get away!
If I sat there and said everything is okay, I would have died.

If I didn't give into my own will power and own thoughts and own faith and didn't sit there and say that everything was going to be okay...

I don't know if any more of my points aren't getting across. I think this conversation is done. I did sort some stuff out though so thanks for that anyone who posted.
Old 28-07-2012, 05:49 PM
Mayflow

Wildflower 57, life can be a dream, but it doesn't have to be a nightmare if you don't want it to be. It is really all up to you.
Old 28-07-2012, 10:06 PM
wildflower57

I know it is.
Old 29-07-2012, 03:46 AM
Master

.. may I hold a candle to light? Take a look at what you have written and decide if you are on the right track, then go from there... I see you have decided to take control of your life, do what you feel is right, and become who you wanted to be... but if there was something I learned from this forum it was, without doubt, that
all things in our reality are there because they are a reflection of us, as for the time in thiers, we are a reflection of them
I hope this may help you if you wish to take a look at it, I've found it to be very true in my own and others life, and I've been able to uncover who I truly am, through this.. I've been able to see even the pieces of myself I deny exist, and as things grow better, I know that they are within as well... just earlier I was thinking about the no ego thing, and then I came across this thread :) reflections/ law of attraction at work

Project Spirit has set up a energy channel for anyone who needs it. We have it touch down in each country, and net outwards in them. You can access energy from this channel simply by intending to tap into it. Pm me if you'd like more info.

http://www.kindspring.org/
Old 29-07-2012, 02:53 PM
wildflower57

.................................................. ..........
Old 29-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Mayflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadedragon
.. may I hold a candle to light? Take a look at what you have written and decide if you are on the right track, then go from there... I see you have decided to take control of your life, do what you feel is right, and become who you wanted to be... but if there was something I learned from this forum it was, without doubt, that
all things in our reality are there because they are a reflection of us, as for the time in thiers, we are a reflection of them
I hope this may help you if you wish to take a look at it, I've found it to be very true in my own and others life, and I've been able to uncover who I truly am, through this.. I've been able to see even the pieces of myself I deny exist, and as things grow better, I know that they are within as well... just earlier I was thinking about the no ego thing, and then I came across this thread :) reflections/ law of attraction at work

I just.... wanted to quote this. I think this is a really insightful post.
I think it is sort of that thing I've been noticing lately about how you really do find what you are looking to find. Wowie, how powerful!
Old 04-08-2012, 06:05 PM
sahaja

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildflower57:
07-26-2012, 08:19 PM Post #1

No Ego
Well its most certainly a different side..after evolving from caterpillar to butterfly.
Years ago I had an intense ego trip and stripped myself clean of it.
I only have a soul controling this capsule. Its feels lovely and pure.

It also brings unwanted drama. Drama I feel I am above but still affected by.
I don't know how to deal with people who aren't as evolved as I am.
All the rudeness, selfishness, greed, money, all these things things things things!
I can't just hide my mind think happy thoughts and not see it everywhere I go. I am so sad for their souls.

Its sad to see someone who just won't ever take the chance to listen. They'll never See. They'll never Hear. Thats sad. Isn't it?
People that are close to me, people I care about, my coworkers they all bicker and they complain and they fight and they go about everything ALL WRONG.
How do I tell them? I can't. Who am I to say how it is?
I mean its not like I know what it is to say to someone so they live their life in harmony.

I'm fortunate for my suffering. I pained and it was really hard getting here today and its still hard. But being here, a part of all this is just too great to just ignore or take for granted.

After I'm okay with me...how do I be okay with everyone else?

I think this is beautifully expressed and nothing wrong with it - But, (there's always a but, isn't there?)
But why on earth was it posted under the Buddhist section? It might work well in other belief systems, but within Buddhism i'm having difficulty with the terminology.
Then there are the replies. Some of them at least have a Buddhist slant or show a bit of knowledge of Buddhism. Some do not.

Have you, wildflower57 (or anyone else, for that matter), looked into Buddhism far enough to have an understanding of what it's about? What it's 'point of view' is and about Buddha, Dharma, and Sangha? You might find it speaks to you. If it's not your way, that's fine too. There are plenty of online sources, though i would suggest though Buddhist sites, where they are teaching it and teaching about it, rather than those sites where they are just talking about it from an outside point of view. We can never gain much understanding of anything from someone who has none of their own. Like - my understanding of Judaism came from a Rabbi in classes, in the synagogue, and interaction with Jews, both on a personal level and through books, through their history, mythology, and literature. Still i would not want to give a Judaic opinion on anything, but at least i feel i have an idea of where they are coming from.

Namaste