Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 16-05-2014, 01:35 PM
Master

I am skeptical with conspiracy theories but also keep one eye on them. I'm not one to fear them or become paranoid. If it's real, it's real. If it is a hoax (as so many of them are), well all the more reason to be skeptical.

pharlap, why not close the distance on this fella?
Old 16-05-2014, 05:17 PM
ThomasC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deusdrum
Idk ThomasC, are you familiar with Jung's work? In what way was he, as you say, releasing certain crumbs and withholding others? With specific examples preferably if you are able.

Because otherwise what you say sounds like vague, paranoid generalizations to me if I am to be honest.

But I ask sincerely, I'm open to what you have to say on the matter. And don't get me wrong, "just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.." as the saying goes. However in my opinion we should be mindful of our beliefs and do our due diligence to see whether they pass the truth & reality test as best as can be determined.

I don't think hinting darkly at conspiracies should be taken at face value is what I'm getting at basically, or at least towards Jung's involvement in them. Show me the money! ;) However we should tread lightly as I believe this gets into territory that goes against certain site rules and regulations so I'm reticent to go further on the subject myself for that very reason.

Hello, Deusdrum. I'm pleased to virtually meet you. 8)

I have no idea how you have come to your conclusions about "paranoia" and I'll leave that right there where it belongs.

I did a lot of research into the Frankfurt Institute years ago and read plenty on those who came from there. Anyone that I am aware of who has also studied them, has come to the same conclusions for it is obvious to them all though they be few in number.

To go into it in detail, I would be willing to do for a paying customer, but a detailed reply is beyond the scope of this forum and is an unreasonable request to make upon a participant.

I am merely offering the readers a pointer. If it is of no value to you, then pass it by, for this means that it was not meant for you.

However, on Carl Jung and the Frankfurt Institute, I will give you this book as a pointer: "The Political Philosophy of the Frankfurt Institute" as written by George Friedman, Cornell University Press, 1981. Obviously, it is a scholarly work. He was helped out by, (the following quote is directly from the book), "the Cornell University Program in Humanities and Social Sciences and the New York State Regents Fellowship Program who funded the work along with D*i*c*k*inson College."

Have a great day.

'Bye for now.
Old 17-05-2014, 03:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasC
Hello, Deusdrum. I'm pleased to virtually meet you. 8)

I have no idea how you have come to your conclusions about "paranoia" and I'll leave that right there where it belongs.

I did a lot of research into the Frankfurt Institute years ago and read plenty on those who came from there. Anyone that I am aware of who has also studied them, has come to the same conclusions for it is obvious to them all though they be few in number.

To go into it in detail, I would be willing to do for a paying customer, but a detailed reply is beyond the scope of this forum and is an unreasonable request to make upon a participant.

I am merely offering the readers a pointer. If it is of no value to you, then pass it by, for this means that it was not meant for you.

However, on Carl Jung and the Frankfurt Institute, I will give you this book as a pointer: "The Political Philosophy of the Frankfurt Institute" as written by George Friedman, Cornell University Press, 1981. Obviously, it is a scholarly work. He was helped out by, (the following quote is directly from the book), "the Cornell University Program in Humanities and Social Sciences and the New York State Regents Fellowship Program who funded the work along with D*i*c*k*inson College."

Have a great day.

'Bye for now.

Ahh, you're willing to tell me if I pay you, I see. Loud & clear. No thanks, I asked if you were familiar with JUNG and his work, not for a recommendation on some random book.

Anyways, I'll leave it be for this is not on topic but your answer has satisfied my curiosity although perhaps not in the way you have intended.

Btw I've no clue how that "direct quote" is supposed to be impressive, it's the name of some organization. That doesn't make it special. Of course, I'll reserve judgement for obviously I haven't heard of it and frankly it's not high on my list of things to look into (to be polite) but for anyone else interested they now have something to follow up on if they should so desire.

Excuse my brusque manner, I'm just touchy for I value the man's work as it coincides with much of my own experience and added value to my life so I'm not ready to take an anonymous recommendation from a complete stranger over the internet.

The fact that you implicate Jung & Freud and give no mention of Freud's cousin Edward Bernays speaks volumes to me. There is a man with a dubious history if I've ever seen one. My money is better spent elsewhere, thanks for the offer though, I guess.

Last edited by Deusdrum : 17-05-2014 at 05:00 PM.
Old 17-05-2014, 05:33 PM
ThomasC

Wow.

Bizarre response; avoiding all the meat and picking at the crumbs.

That's fine though; you reveal much about yourself and your progress.

I spend my efforts looking for and helping, people who are struggling to move ahead in spiritual development, but as always, particularly in this days of decadence and debauchery, I see only large egos and the machinations thereof.

As always,

I wish you well.