Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 13-06-2012, 12:50 AM
TeeHee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow
When the Bible says, “In the beginning God created” (Gn 1:1), it is presenting us with a fact, which we need to know to understand everything else, including what we were created for and how God wants us to live.

The Bible also says that God created men and women in His own image. That, too, is a fact. If it were not true, there would be no science, because no theory of evolution can demonstrate how intelligence came into existence, including the intelligence of misguided people who misuse science to try to explain creation without allowing any role to God.

“In the beginning was the Word.” The Bible says it and, properly understood, the evidence of science confirms it. Anyone who says otherwise is peddling fantasy, not fact.

I don't see evidence that what you say is fact here or what you say is not fact here has any proof or merit.

Perhaps you should do a study on those Scriptures.....
Old 13-06-2012, 01:01 AM
Mayflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeHee
Perhaps you should do a study on those Scriptures.....

Why? I already read the Bible in King James (love the poetry of the language) and American Standard and in Billy graham's one way versions along with some Lutheran Bible study guides and many talks with Jehova Witnesses. What more will I find? I find the Old testament very lame at the very best, but the New has much to offer in the ways of Love and kindness. The stories of the origination of the Universe in the old testament do not ring very true to me though.
Old 13-06-2012, 02:12 AM
Master

Everything is in our mind, how we think and see the world, our emotions, opinions, breathing, life choices, etc all come from the mind. Most of our thinking we're not even aware of (the unconscious) and it makes decisions before we consciously choose and act upon them.

Since everything is in our mind, all the problems we see are in us. Every time I get angry at someone, it's just memory stored in my mind. When I judge someone, it's from the memory storage in my mind. The memory is like an enemy within the mind, full of all kinds of hate. There's no devil other than the one I have in my mind.

That's why it's said when we judge others we bring judgment on ourselves. We're only feeding the hate within, or devil if you want to call it that. We allow it to control us. We believe the memory, shutting the door on God. When we repent we open the door and God cleans the mind. 'The pure in heart shall see God'.

The world and the devil is in my mind, my neighbor and my enemy is me. It's all just data in my mind. It plays characters on a stage, purely based on memories in me. I very much want to be cleansed from this 'sin' everyday.
Old 13-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Master
Mind

Quote:
The world and the devil is in my mind, my neighbor and my enemy is me. It's all just data in my mind. It plays characters on a stage, purely based on memories in me. I very much want to be cleansed from this 'sin' everyday.

Well Sea, is memory bad?
Is the mind... bad?
There is, "Mind", pertaining to the Source, "Light", and Universal Consciousness...and there is my mind, pertaining to the brain. Including the primal limbic, or reptilian brain, related to the physical...
Or... is it about Ego?
Related to the survival instinct... and the animal/mammal, and evolved carnal aspects.
And, the devil is all about ego. True?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 13-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Well Sea, is memory bad?
Is the mind... bad?
There is, "Mind", pertaining to the Source, "Light", and Universal Consciousness...and there is my mind, pertaining to the brain. Including the primal limbic, or reptilian brain, related to the physical...
Or... is it about Ego?
Related to the survival instinct... and the animal/mammal, and evolved carnal aspects.
And, the devil is all about ego. True?
No I don't see the mind as good or bad, like I don't see hair or skin as good or bad, it just is. It can have memory in it that causes things I don't want in life though, like sickness or anger. Even though I say it's like an enemy in my mind, I don't think I should hate it or fight it, I think loving the memory probably works best.

I guess you can call the devil ego, I don't really know what an ego is, all I know is that there are an immeasurable amount of memories in our mind that cause us to think, see and act the way we do. Some say the memories go back to the beginning of time.
Old 13-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Master
Memory and Ego

Quote:
Even though I say it's like an enemy in my mind, I don't think I should hate it or fight it, I think loving the memory probably works best

Well memories aren't bad in themselves, it is ego which decides, true?
People can have memories of bad circumstances, involving pain, but, can have healing, and overcome.
I expect you are referring to troubling memories which you have, from past experiences? This is part of what Christ came to heal.

Again, "Ego" is related to the survival instinct of this physical, and evolved animal/mammal aspect of us...
Of course we are more and other, and actually apart from the construct of time, in, "The world".

The material world is illusory as has been stated in modern physics, as well as in the ancient scriptures. What is your true identity, and personage, then?
http://hiddenlighthouse.wordpress.com/category/descension/

The above is what we need to be reminded of, and identify with.
The words of Desiderata come to mind...
"...a child of the Universe, no less than the trees and the stars, you have a right to be here." Jesus also stated,
"In this world you will have tribulation, but, be of good cheer,
I have overcome the world."

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 13-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Well memories aren't bad in themselves, it is ego which decides, true?
People can have memories of bad circumstances, involving pain, but, can have healing, and overcome.
I expect you are referring to troubling memories which you have, from past experiences? This is part of what Christ came to heal.
Right, I agree memory is not good or bad. When it causes us to kill each other, rape people, destroy the planet, etc that's not good though.

There a few memories that I'm aware of from my past, but I'd say the overwhelming majority I'm not aware of. I don't need to be aware of what they are, I just need to know that they're there, and continually allow God to heal them.

The key for me is realizing when I judge someone or am angry at them, that's all happening within my mind. There's a little play going on in my head, where the other person and me are on a stage and I'm against that person.
Old 13-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
The key for me is realizing when I judge someone or am angry at them, that's all happening within my mind. There's a little play going on in my head, where the other person and me are on a stage and I'm against that person.

Sure, this involves Ego, (the devil), and is related to our animal/mammal aspects.
It is a situation which takes place all the time in the wild, in the animal world.
But, we are more and other than the evolved animal/mammal. Our true personage involves the angelic.

There is a reference in the Bible to something about the body of Moses, how satan tried to apprehend it, apparently to use it.
It says that the Angel who prevented it did not rail against the devil, subjectively, but simply responded,

"The Lord rebuke you."

Old 13-06-2012, 07:02 PM
Master

Say you realize that it's your memory/instinct/ego causing you to be sick, or some other problem in life, maybe a problem in a relationship or an addiction. Maybe it causes you to be depressed. We have billions of thoughts per second that we're not aware of that cause everything in our lives. What do you do to heal the mind?
Old 13-06-2012, 07:12 PM
Master
Prescription

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Say you realize that it's your memory/instinct/ego causing you to be sick, or some other problem in life, maybe a problem in a relationship or an addiction. Maybe it causes you to be depressed. We have billions of thoughts per second that we're not aware of that cause everything in our lives. What do you do to heal the mind?

Well, meditation on The Truth, I would say is the prescription, wouldn't you?
Romans 12 -
"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind."

Colossians 3 -
"Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth"

Now, either of the above could be seen in the context of Far Eastern teachings as well. True?