Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 01:53 AM
Master
nice summation, westleigh
Old 05-01-2011, 07:37 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
If someone says, "There's more purity and depth of love in you than you now know, and you can discover and experience it" this is not spiritual superiority, but simply giving a message.

Xan

I like the message

3dnow
Old 05-01-2011, 08:38 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
If someone says, "There's more purity and depth of love in you than you now know, and you can discover and experience it" this is not spiritual superiority, but simply giving a message.

Xan

I agree Xan, and a nice message at that.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:53 AM
shepherd

Quote:

I agree, but who says this was spiritual superiority?

Spiritual superiority as mentioned here was referring to members who claim that their spiritual way is the truth is gloats and boasts about what they think they have managed to achieve, they then tell members that their turn will come when ready etc which is weird because if they achieved what they said then they wouldnt be interacting with members that way in the first place. This is just an observation.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:05 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherd
Where do we stop though with the quest to be in the light? Who says what is good and what is bad? Isnt this one of the problems with religion which dictates what is and without acceptance?

It's still seen as a sin to be homosexual. They could argue with the light perspective that someone who is gay isn't their true self. Where would this end?

As for the guy hitting his children I would put forward that he is being his self during this act hence it is happening and hence there are reasons why it is happening. It could be from various forms of conditioning, a mental illness, cultural differences and so on. To say he is not being himself suggests he is someone else. Thats not so, he is behaving as his mind only knows how to act in that moment, regardless of our condemnation of such acts. In my opinion he is still is himself. Could he be different? Yes.

"Where do we stop though with the quest to be in the light?" it's our choice. If you've had enough of the questing then put your feet up. If you enjoy the quest, rock and roll.

"Who says what is good and what is bad? " Those who judge.

" Isnt this one of the problems with religion which dictates what is and without acceptance?"
If it works for some, but only you can answer the question of whether or not it's your true self.

"It's still seen as a sin to be homosexual. They could argue with the light perspective that someone who is gay isn't their true self. Where would this end?"
When people start looking behind the mask and stop judging.

"As for the guy hitting his children I would put forward that he is being his self during this act hence it is happening and hence there are reasons why it is happening. It could be from various forms of conditioning, a mental illness, cultural differences and so on. To say he is not being himself suggests he is someone else. Thats not so, he is behaving as his mind only knows how to act in that moment, regardless of our condemnation of such acts. In my opinion he is still is himself. Could he be different? Yes"
I'll agree with that one, but then again you have to look behind the mask. And there's always a choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
I really like the way you put that together, Greenslade. And by acknowledging that his aggression is a part of himself can he work on it.
Saying that it's just his inner demon, or any other external force is not going to help him.
Thanks. It's easier to give away responsibility than admit that you have so-called flaws, but it takes strength to admit to them and do something about them. But then, is calling them flaws being judgemental? Is that them following their true self? Always the opportunity to show the Universe what you're made of, or perhaps simply follow your true self?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitan_Prien
I second Greenslade's comment:
I love the part about the beer!...only for me it would be a bottle of Cabernet wine
Right, that's it. All-out war here we come Beer drinkers this side, wine drinkers that side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaya48

I shouldnt get into these discussions lol and i shouldnt let my anger get the better of me at times with some of the things that are said about us, from those who have little knowledge about what some of us we are really about , and our feelings that do get hurt.

From now on i am just going to stick to trying to help those in need of comfort, guidance and reasurrance in their lives to help them on their journey, which isnt always an easy one but can be a very rewarding one with lots of adventures, excitement, love, happines, learning and growing.

Love and light Shaya
That's why we have spleens. Shaya. They're brilliant when it comes to venting :-) But if you didn't care then would your feelings get hurt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan

Xan
It's in the eyes of the beholder. Echoes and reflections, Xan.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:31 AM
bbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
What does this have to do with the topic of true self? Or is this just more piling on Shepherd and questioning his spirituality?
Old 05-01-2011, 12:36 PM
Neville

Quote:
a drunkard that beats his children is deemed to be not acting in alignment with his true self.

This is nothing more than a personal judgement and carries no credence at all in establishing the existence of a "true self".
Old 05-01-2011, 12:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
This is nothing more than a personal judgement and carries no credence at all in establishing the existence of a "true self".

its a conclusion from the premise that human nature is intrinsically good.
read the entire post in its context.
don't snip and judge.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:53 PM
Neville

I'll consider myself duly reprimanded,

Quote:
its a conclusion from the premise that human nature is intrinsically good.

Perhaps this statement is the misinformed and misinforming premise.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Master
its a conclusion from the premise that human nature is intrinsically good. Hybrid

Perhaps this statement is the misinformed and misinforming premise.neville

As for me.........It is what I see everywhere...so either I am blind or..........
James
Closed Thread