Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 23-03-2023, 11:49 AM
Master

Ahh so glad your back Patrycia. Was wondering how things were going.

Jeez ya got one helluva battle going on there hey.

There’s been some really good advice from people on this forum and I’m sure something will work out for you soon.

Omg a portal in the bathroom. Never heard of that before. Hope the guy manages to do something positive there for you.

Something has gotta give soon after all this effort you’ve put it!
Old 23-03-2023, 02:49 PM
Guide
Yes, I am still hanging on. He is on holiday at the moment so won't be able to set up anything until next weekend. At the moment if I have two clear days, I consider myself fortunate. What I don't like about it, is every niggle or bit of discomfort I get, I question is this another one. There are definite signs, but it is not helpful to have to keep a constant eye open. Life's difficult enough without all this, just hope there is some resolution.
Old 05-04-2023, 02:03 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrycia-Rose
I am at a loss to explain why I suddenly am attracting these souls who need crossing over. Has this happened to anyone else?

This has been my experience as well. Mine started about a decade ago when I moved into a very old building and began to have visitations. I had previously had random awareness of presences, but living in that place heightened and escalated the interactions. Like you, I tried a number of different grounding, clearing, requesting, shamanic work, etc. to handle the disruptions. I've used @Native spirit's visualization suggestions and @RedEmbers methods for clearly stating what you will and will not do, and agree that visualizations and setting boundaries are a HUGE help. But I hear you, sometimes it's a battle to keep those practices intact.

What has worked best for me is to enlist the assistance of guides. I spent some time cultivating the right spirit guide relationships (mine are primarily nature guides, but it could be any helping spirit form that fits with your belief system) and when a soul in need presents, I stop and ask a guide to help. I almost never ask for a specific guide, but instead call for one that the soul in question will resonate with. It's quite beautiful really, how many types of helping spirits there are and how they work once invited to assist!

This has taken the distress out of the encounters, and, like you said, removed the dread when that little niggling feeling starts about it happening again. While I was never able to build confidence that my firm "stay away" messages actually worked, I have become confident that when I call on a guide to help, they do, and they do the work much better than I ever could.

This method has shifted the way I feel about the "gift" of seeing/hearing these "stuck" souls. With the help of guides, I don't worry about my safety and the encounters don't deplete me like before. In some ways I feel grateful I can play a small part as a conduit for easing the suffering often associated with a soul struggling to cross over. Once I found a workable means of handling the experiences, I began to realize their impact on my spiritual growth and understanding, and I now accept them as part of my personal journey.

This is, of course, just my story. Only you know if taking steps to halt the experiences completely or learning to handle them differently is right for you.

Sending you comfort and understanding as you find your way through this!
Old 05-04-2023, 03:20 PM
Master

Ancestral: well said!

I’m sure this will be very helpful Patrycia.
Old 28-04-2023, 01:51 PM
Guide

I don't think that spirits need us, humans with limited bodies, for helping them 'into the Light'..
But that's just my opinion..
Old 28-04-2023, 03:01 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioRising
I don't think that spirits need us, humans with limited bodies, for helping them 'into the Light'..
But that's just my opinion..

The sense I get is that it's confusion or fear that causes the spiritual energy to stall rather than transition. It's like being lost and just needing a nudge or encouragement to see the path home. I suppose that's why guides are called guides? I always thought that when a soul departed it knew what to do too, but I've come to believe there are lots of levels of soul development, knowledge, awareness (or lack thereof), and tons of helping going on. Maybe the how and why a soul enters and exits the physical realm plays a role in the nature of their departure.
Old 28-04-2023, 03:25 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncestralEchoes
The sense I get is that it's confusion or fear that causes the spiritual energy to stall rather than transition.
It's like being lost and just needing a nudge or encouragement to see the path home.
They may need a nudge in the right direction, and I'm not saying we can't help..
But I believe there's plenty of help 'on the other side', they probably know more about 'home' than we do..
Thanks for sharing your point of view.. :)
Old 29-04-2023, 07:39 AM
Guide
Thank you, have just seen your posts.

After ten clear days, I picked up another two during the night, one attached to me and one attached to my property. I just knew when I got up this morning as I recognised that feeling of 'not being right. I have cleared them to the light but I now have to go about recovering.

I have asked for help from guides, angels, ascended master, Jesus, God, family on the other side - but no help would appear to be at hand. Thankfully I can pass them over fairly easily via my dowsing but it is the after effects.

I have spoken to a long term friend who is a professional medium and he believes that if I train to become a medium, then these occurrences should decrease. I should start within the next few weeks. I wouldn't mind so much if it was just a matter of enabling spirits to pass to the light, it is the physical impact it has on me which is not acceptable, but can't seem to find a way of stopping it. So maybe the training for the mediumship will help, I have heard some mediums say that they don't believe spirits can get trapped in between two worlds. I think they must be so protected by what they do, they don't experience it. But people like us know different.

Thank you for your support.
Old 30-04-2023, 09:30 PM
Experiencer
i had an attachment many years ago but it did not have much or if any control over my mind but it did at one time have control over my actions it must have got board one as i was waking i was looking at the day and felt something leave my body if it was negativity entity they try to plant negative thoughts in your mind this as also happened to me but since my character is the opposite i knew it was not my own thoughts these things try too steal your energy if your an empath or Clair sentient are more vulnerable to attack sage your bedroom wear a protective crystal do a protection mantra something that will l protect you while your asleep
Old 07-05-2023, 07:29 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
I would like it to stop though as the interference affects my physical energy and I am trying to heal my body of long standing trauma as well as working full time.
Helping them can help you more than you realise, helping others has proved to be the best therapy time and again. If you're going down the healing of trauma route then the best 'cure' for that is cognitive behaviour therapy, because that is the mechanism that creates the trauma in the first place. At best, Spirituality is a placebo.

The Universe gives you want you need, seldom what you want. So if helping other Spirits to cross over has taken over your life for the time being, what are the reasons for that? Are they there to prevent you from healing or tick you off mightily? Cognitive dissonance happens when people have their minds set on something and refuse point blank to accept anything - information or events - that are contrary to that. This is the source of trauma and I'd bet the shirt off my back that you're feeling some of that because of what's happening.

Spirits are attracted to the Light.
Quote:
I have heard some mediums say that they don't believe spirits can get trapped in between two worlds. I think they must be so protected by what they do, they don't experience it.
They aren't trapped, Spirits don't cross over because they make the choice to stay. Love is what keeps them here, for the most part anyway. For others it's resolution to put a blanket reason over it.