Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 09-06-2014, 01:22 PM
Master
Awakening to the Truth

Lets just talk about our personal awakening experiences, and how has the Truth changed your life for the better of self and others.
How did you awaken?
What amazing Truths have you awoken to?
Or anything else related to your 'awakening' to the Truth.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:25 PM
Master
So these must be Christian truths right? Otherwise why wouldn't you post this in the General forum?
Old 09-06-2014, 01:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
So these must be Christian truths right? Otherwise why wouldn't you post this in the General forum?
There are many threads about awakening in other forums, but not in the Christian forum.
I am referring to Truths that are related, or identified with, Christian beliefs. Even though many of the Truths can easily be seen as universal, or identified by anybody.
Old 25-06-2014, 10:41 PM
Master
Awakening to the Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor
There are many threads about awakening in other forums, but not in the Christian forum.
I am referring to Truths that are related, or identified with, Christian beliefs. Even though many of the Truths can easily be seen as universal, or identified by anybody.

Visitor,

A little over 30 years ago, I awoke to the truth that Truth is not based on the name under which you catagorize your beliefs (Christian, Buddhist, Muslim, or whatever). THAT is the part you won't hear from those who've sought to keep access to the Truth about ourselves limited to ONLY a self-approved “credo” of beliefs espoused in some religion's scripture, filled with sanctioned interpretations about it. Our Creator did not create human beings as Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, or any religious faiths we associate with these or any other names (whether I've named them here or not!). These names, believed and acted upon as if relevant, only serve to hide the FACT that the Creator made ALL OF US of His Spirit and AS His Image.

As author Baird Spalding says in the 1st reference, "Becoming aware of yourself as a spiritual being, offspring of an infinite spiritual system and one with all the powers and capacities within that system, is the very essence of attainment. To grow from the present state of awareness of himself as a material being and into the consciousness that he is a spiritual being contains the full secret of man's attainment.'

Since then, I try to portray myself as one who understands that we, each and every one, OURSELVES, hold the keys to ALL we need and ALL seek......WITHIN us.....

"Searching for yourself is like riding an ox while looking for an ox."

Your search, and the answers you discover, do not happen TO you.....

Your life, and self-discovery, happens......AS you !!

I believe that we were all created by "the Light that enlighteneth every human being" who has EVER lived.

I've come to understand that the struggle is not so much about finding the KEYS to enlightenment (there aren't any because we are ALREADY created as such).......

.....as it is in letting go of the LOCKS (false perceptions) by which we've erroneously allowed ourselves to perceive ourselves....as imprisoned !!

In one form or another, enlightened teachers who discovered and taught the Truth in various cultures demonstrated, by the example of their own lives, that we are as our Creator endowed us all to be, and that is as immortal, Spiritual beings who are the Spirit and Image of our Creator. The teachers did NOT do this to form religions OR philosophies. They simply lived the eternal Truth that has ALWAYS been......

We are eternally invited to do the same....

Hope this, and the sources below, helps....

Reference: Life and Teaching of the Masters of the Far East (Vols 1 - 6) by Baird T. Spalding

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...72&postcount=8
Old 26-06-2014, 10:03 AM
StaroftheSea

Post Mis-leading Jesus/God's Flock

Hi Guthrio,

...and that is precisely what evil wants for souls; ie not to believe, love nor trust in Jesus Christ our Saviour/God in order to claim souls itself after leading souls down the wrong garden path.

That is your prerogative however do bear in mind Guthrio that holding another set of beliefs as a non-believer is different to preaching another set of beliefs that you have outlined in your post, which goes against Jesus/God (as per what has been stated by God in His Old Testament and Jesus in His New Testament in relation to mis-leading His Flock) ie His Children.

Kindest wishes
Old 26-06-2014, 12:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaroftheSea
Hi Guthrio,

...and that is precisely what evil wants for souls; ie not to believe, love nor trust in Jesus Christ our Saviour/God in order to claim souls itself after leading souls down the wrong garden path.

That is your prerogative however do bear in mind Guthrio that holding another set of beliefs as a non-believer is different to preaching another set of beliefs that you have outlined in your post, which goes against Jesus/God (as per what has been stated by God in His Old Testament and Jesus in His New Testament in relation to mis-leading His Flock) ie His Children.

Kindest wishes

Hi, StaroftheSea,

I thank you for your description of some of the aspects of your own journey to awakening. It is always interesting to me to ascertain the beliefs by which others regard as important to live their lives.

My own journey continues with eager anticipation of further opportunities to learn and to grow and to share.

Blessings to you on your continuing journey, and most especially the opportunities to learn, and to grow, and to share....
Old 26-06-2014, 12:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
A little over 30 years ago, I awoke to the truth that [color="Blue"][i]Truth is not based on the name under which you catagorize your beliefs (Christian, Buddhist, Muslim, or whatever).

Reference: Life and Teaching of the Masters of the Far East (Vols 1 - 6) by Baird T. Spalding

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...72&postcount=8
Fantastic post and post link. I have those books BTW.
Old 26-06-2014, 02:24 PM
Master
Quote:

Please disregard this post as an unintended duplicate of the one immediately below.
Old 26-06-2014, 02:27 PM
Master
Quote:

Thanks Baile,

That set of books changed my life and how I see EVERYTHING.

By the time I had read to page 21 just the 1st volume, I knew that it is our irrevocable birthright to live the Life He gave to us abundantly, because HE created us perfectly of His Spirit and as His Image...and that it is WE who must awaken to this Truth.

...which became the start of my journey of awakening that this thread is supposed to be about.

Those books, and others I've referenced in other threads, really opened my eyes about what has always awaited each of us as a choice to accept the gift our Creator has ALREADY provided to every human being who has ever lived to use as freely as our Spirits require.

Again, thanks...and hope you have awakened to the preciousness of His gift of Life to you, as well.

I look forward to sharing THAT as the good news to any and all I encounter.

Reference: Life and Teaching of the Masters of the Far East (Volumes 1-6) by Baird T. Spalding
Old 26-06-2014, 03:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
In one form or another, enlightened teachers who discovered and taught the Truth
This is your spiritual belief. Lots of people call their beliefs Truth. It's a belief based on faith, just like everyone else does, and people have different beliefs. One of the ways we express our idea of Truth, is to put all religions under the umbrella of our own belief system, and say 'I' have the truth that 'they' are trying to find. It's still just religious belief though just like the others have, whether you call it Truth or Jesus or whatever, and is there to help us personally.