Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 16-03-2016, 08:33 AM
Master
On second thought, I'm somewhat underrating the original series, guess my point in essence was that I had braced myself for disappointment and felt the miniseries was not entirely that, it had its moments.

Still have faith that it was a matter of sharpening their rusty X-Files flow a bit, and once they warm up maybe they'll find their groove. Even Duchovny and Anderson were quite good in parts, yet sort of too nonchalant in others for my tastes in reconnecting faithfully with their respective roles.

Apologies Emmavaline for maybe giving one spoiler away in my last post, didn't read that you hadn't watched the final episode yet. Hopefully didn't ruin anything for you although I didn't give too much away but that one little detail.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing if, when, and how any new X-Files looks. They should bring in some guest writers maybe, think the Wachowski's would be interesting to see do an x-files episode or two. Paul Thomas Anderson or someone, do an episode on the missing 411 mystery, black eyed children, or any number of more recent cryptozoological/paranormal/fortean phenoms that have popped up in the interim years after the original series ended.
Old 17-03-2016, 12:47 PM
Deactivated Account
Not sure I was really expecting the series to be the same as the original because generally when a show or film is brought back years later it's never the same, never mind better, than the original. I wasn't dismissing the new series either - it certainly had good moments, even very good moments. It just felt lacking in some way and that might be simply because it's not the original. I don't know.

I do agree that the original had its off moments. The second film was dreadful.

Gillan Anderson was on Jonathan Ross (Uk chat show) at the weekend and seemed iffy about whether there will be more. I hope there will. I think maybe they do need to find their grove, as you say.

You didn't spoil anything - I didn't read your post until I'd watched the episode, just in case!
Old 22-08-2016, 06:46 AM
Pathfinder

I just completed My Struggle II (Season 10, Episode 6) episode. I really like this episode. Now i am waiting for others too.
Old 17-09-2016, 08:17 PM
Master
I finally watched the new episodes and I liked it a lot right up until the way they ended it. that peeved me lol.
Old 18-09-2016, 12:39 PM
Suspended
I've just bought the first season to begin all over again as it's been years since I watched them. Watched about 5 episodes so far - and on the whole it's enjoyable. Prefer the spooky alien ones best!
Old 27-09-2016, 08:53 PM
Newbie ;)

I am not really satisfied with a new season... Such a great ad and such a poor season... Much fuss about nothing