Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 21-08-2013, 02:54 PM
Pathfinder
Are you a woman? If so, then you really get your ovaries checked for cysts and also get your hormones tested. Having a healthy diet is really important, but unfortunately it's not always enough.
Old 22-08-2013, 02:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyhoney
hi love, your skin can take 2-3 months before it will be significantly better. you can speed up this process with a gentle glycolic cleanser (try derma-e) and a nice clay mask 1-2 times per week (try the evan healy brand - amazing)

might there be any other allergens that are bothering your system? such as gluten, eggs, gmos, corn...? for me, gluten and soy cause cystic acne on my face & back - when i steer clear of them, i'm mostly fine

xx

I agree with this post...cow's dairy is perhaps an even more common cause of cysts, along with gluten. I would immediately ditch all cow's dairy & gluten, but I would also check for other food intolerances, as mentioned. Some are sensitive to soya, corn and other foods.

I would also strongly recommend Yellow Dock in supplement and tea from from a reputable pharmacy or natural foods store (but please check all the contraindications to be sure you can take it), along with traditional ayurvedic supplements for skin (neem) and for organ support, particularly liver & kidneys. Also take in at least a few cups daily of herbal tea intended for skin and liver/kidney support -- there are many.

I think generally speaking there is no better herb than Yellow Dock for many severe skin problems, including cysts, and I know many who have had great success, provided they also remove dairy, gluten, and other repeat offenders. Do not consume yellow dock for more than the recommended time before breaking from it, and then repeating the cycle. Western herbs are often very powerful, and yellow dock, like goldenseal, cannot be consumed every day but rather only for a few weeks at a time (see label).

(The ayurvedic supplements are very gentle and normally are never an issue. They are usually intended to be taken daily and long-term, if needed. I recommend Himalaya brand.)

Because cysts are primarily blockages of overabundant earth element, in general you will want to consume hot, light, and nourishing foods, avoiding cold, oily, heavy foods. Aromatic herbs and spices should be consumed wherever possible. Bitter (greens & herbs), pungent (garlic & spices) and astringent (many fruits and vegetables) foods should be consumed as often as possible. (Or, in ayurvedic terms, pacify your kapha dosha).

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 26-08-2013, 11:59 AM
Master

Sometimes insulin resistance and a related syndrome called polycystic ovaries cause acne. In my case I was treated short term for hormonal imbalance (androestione I think). I followed it up with regular exercise and some of the diet options mentioned above. It worked.
Best wishes
Old 26-08-2013, 05:11 PM
Experiencer

I was thinking an inbalance of hormones and to ask doctor to check on hormone levels.
Old 29-08-2013, 11:04 PM
Experiencer

I have pcos, and taking cinnamon and vitex helped balance things out.
Old 13-11-2013, 06:33 AM
Guide
Wanted to update that my skin is completely clear. I think it was a number of things that changed it including my diet. Also though I have to say it was a lot to do with my mind-set. I am so happy and I feel so much healthier

She was unstoppable. Not because she did not have failures or doubts, but because she continued on despite them. -Beau Taplin