Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 29-11-2011, 06:59 PM
mac

Sarian

Mac, yes it was an honest mistake. And in my ignorance I thought that if a spiritual person (or so I thought I was...) if had to be labeled in something, would that not be spiritualism. Can you understand my confusion. I have seen been shown the light, that it's not one and the same. Yes I do understand and it's a situation that recurs regularly. My friend Glenos has explained very well how things often pan out in this forum. I don't know how better to explain that spirituality (whatever that means) isn't Spiritualism. I do the only thing I can and that's to point out the differences. What is galling is to be told - in effect - that I don't know what I'm on about and/or it doesn't matter anyway. That's so dismissive. I apologize. I apologize for my comment about kind and loving because of my experiences with one religion I've already mentioned that profess to love and be non-judgemental, but so many that I have known in person have been anything but and you can see in the news that many are so full of hate, racists and bigots. I'm sorry to learn that you've had such negative experiences. I can only promise that Spiritualists are much less likely to behave as you've described if my experience is anything to go by. Yes, a discussion, is what I would have liked, but you seemed quite upset that this thread was placed here because I did not know any better. upset? no frustrated? yes
I am sorry. Would you like me to ask an administrator to delete it? I will. Thank you but no. That would be precious of me.

I'm not looking for a religion but yes, I am looking to understand, so what is the difference? kinda like chalk and cheese Where would one begin?

As far as Silver Birch, I don't know who he is, but I guess out of curiosity I will google him. Silver Birch was a spiritually-evolved teacher/guide who used his medium to convey information about life after death. His words were recorded over a couple of decades and compiled into various books about his teachings. Other teachers have made their own contributions but for many - myself included - his guidance underpins everything they understand.

Again, I am deeply sorry for placing this question in a forum in which it wasn't to be. Thank you for your consideration and I hope that you might want to return with questions which we may be able to answer in terms of what's been taught about life, death and life-hereafter.
Old 29-11-2011, 07:33 PM
mac

quote:Sarian
I apologise if my intrusion isn't welcome - I realise it's a reply to Glenos but there are a few points I hope you won't mind me replying to. In blue below...
....... I often do take what resonates within me and discard the rest, unless what I am reading has more things contained within that trouble me, then I won't finish as there are too many blind leading the blind out there. agreed - I'm frequently shocked, sometimes appalled, at what gets written at times.

Do you often get many threads in spiritualism? The answer to that is no, not on the Spiritual Forums website but other Spiritualist and spiritual websites are out there on which I am a regular contributor I agree, there are many who don't appear to have a clue about anything. Very young, naive or quite frankly seemed troubled...Yes sometimes young but older individuals too....but searching as we all are for truth or a way to 'fit in' or actually just be able to accept themselves or as someone once said, a place where they can feel special. been there, done that, still searching....I do believe that life continues after physical death and I've had my own NDE and that is part of my experience and why I do believe in things that I do believe in. I tend to believe in past lives and having people in my life now that I've been with many times that are part of my true spiritual family. These are subjects where we've had many discussions.

Thank you, I do plan to google Scole Experiement. On this is disagree with my friend Glenos. I was a subscriber to the New Spiritual Science Foundation (NSSF - the public part of the so-called Scole Experimental Group's activities) throughout the whole time that the NSSF existed. Interesting as some of their results were I don't see them as easily accessible to anyone without a measure of understanding about mediumship and communication. The venture failed to deliver what was expected of it but that's another story. I feel there are far more helpful accounts.

Again, maybe my post didn't just 'land here' for no apparent reason, I honestly did not know, but then again...maybe it was supposed to 'land' here. Maybe it did but whether that was the case matters less than what you might take from it....but I'm truly not looking for a religion either...Spiritualism is a legally recognised religion both here and elsewhere. But for me that's fairly unimportant other than to distinguish it from spirituality. BUT after the initial revelations that Spiritualism can bring there is SO much more to explore. Some Spiritualists ask nothing more than the fundamentals - others seek out more. You'll find me in this latter category....no matter what the label or the meaning of the religion. Always been the misfit the loner, don't suppose it will be any different on a forum board. Join my club! misfit? loner? Hey they're my roles on SF most of the time! Did you not notice? I do get curious as to why people believe what they do...I do get curious as to how one decides that a stone or a gem or a crystal does something magical... I try to understand different techniques and maybe sometimes in my desparation to ease my own pain, I will try things out ... I do have a very open mind in that I will check things out and discard which does seem foolish or nonsense or maybe I wonder if my mind will feel better like in the placebo effect because I desire so much?

I have times when I seem so out of myself (not in a crazy way), but I have these experiences that I cannot describe and are not typical or human for lack of a better way of putting it. I have transcended into another dimension and again, I realize that sounds hokey but yet they occur. You're speaking to us now - hokey? Try us Spiritualists out and you might find we can explain some of 'em..... Sometimes they make me feel totally isolated in them because others have not experienced them and when I want to share, I can't without mockery or the roll of the eyes. Then perhaps you've been in the wrong places with the wrong folks? What you've experienced I have no idea but there are ways of creeping up on these situations and progressively getting a handle on what's been happening. I'm not saying I'd be able to help directly but sometimes we know others who might. spooks R us!

Well, I'm carrying on ...I will shut up now. Yep that goes for me too....Thank you for sharing your views, beliefs and so forth. Hope some of it helped a little.
Old 29-11-2011, 11:28 PM
Deactivated Account
Thread moved

Spiritual Inspiration

The forum for seekers everywhere...