PDA

View Full Version : Afraid to use a pendulum

astralsuzy
10-01-2012, 07:53 AM
I bought a pendulum a few years ago. I have not used it for a long time. I have thought about using it but I am afraid to use it. It seems to be similar to a Ouija board. I am terrified of Ouija boards even though nothing bad ever happened when I played it as a teenager. What are your thoughts about it?

norseman
10-01-2012, 08:11 AM
Pendulums are just tools used to heighten your own intuition.

Adrienne
10-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Oh I don't think the pendulum is at all like a ouija board, no fears at all using one. I would think if you feel ok astral travelling you should have no worries using a pendulum.

Dream Angel xx

astralsuzy
10-01-2012, 08:03 PM
It is a different. When you astral travel your spirit is traveling. When you are using the pendulum your physical self is using the pendulum.

StraysBeginn
11-01-2012, 06:20 AM
I'm terrified of the ouija board as well, wouldn't touch it with a six foot pole, but I love my pendulum. It's not the same thing at all. :) You might feel better if you did a proper grounding and protection preparations at first, and make it clear you don't want influences from anyone but from your higher self and spirit guides and anyone/thing that they agree is good for you. (Search for information on that, I would give you links but I can't yet, as I'm a newbie. :) )

astralsuzy
11-01-2012, 07:49 AM
StraysBeginn that is interesting. May be it is not the same but it seems like it. Thank you all for your replies.

mattie
11-01-2012, 11:45 AM
All of these things are tools. The Ouiji board is a hunk of pasteboard & plastic. It has no inherent power. What has power is the mental & energetic connections we make when we use it. When people use an Ouiji board they often are exploring the unknown, but not really armed w/ metaphysical information. They seldom know the basics about giving parameters about who they are inviting in or vetting those who may make contact. (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=397371#poststop)

Move past these fears. It may be worthwhile to examine why these fears exist.

Seawolf
12-01-2012, 03:57 PM
You might feel better if you did a proper grounding and protection preparations at first, and make it clear you don't want influences from anyone but from your higher self and spirit guides and anyone/thing that they agree is good for you. (Search for information on that, I would give you links but I can't yet, as I'm a newbie. :) )

I'd like to try a pendulum, but if it's a good idea to do protection from unwanted influences then it's not a good idea in my opinion. I'm not interested in doing something that can even in the least bit be influenced by something I don't want.

I had a Ouija board when I was a teenager and it messed up a few of my friends because it worked so well that people would take it home and play by themselves. I think it opened unwanted psychic doors for them because it seemed to negatively affect them.

Quintessence
12-01-2012, 08:25 PM
You could use pendulums as a form of otherworldly divination (that is, forms of divination that involve the otherworlds; e.g. spirits/deities) but it isn't typically used that way nor is it necessary (as it is for an oujia board) to involve otherworldly denizens with pendulums. I don't use pendulums for divination at all, personally. I use them as a focus, either for energy work or for meditations.

Solitary Faery
16-01-2012, 09:30 AM
Pendulums are definitely not the same as ouija boards - they don't open that door to the other world. Rather, they open the door to our own inner minds. However, I find that some people are really uncomfortable using pendulum charts with numbers and letters on them because they so much resemble the ouija. So perhaps you should just stay away from charts so that you don't get yourself freaked out due to the similarity.

StraysBeginn
27-01-2012, 11:29 AM
I've been using the pendulum alphabet chart successfully for a few days, and I've gotten wonderful messages from my guides. I know their names, most at least, and have found different personalities in them and all. Today I did some dowsing in a not very peaceful surrounding, I figured I could try if I could focus in a noise and with a lot of people upstairs. At first it worked fine, then I started getting nasty messages, ridiculing me. Actually at first I thought it was just one of my "jokester" guides, but then I got some swear words etc... And figured this is no longer one of my mates. Nothing more than that happened, I asked where did the interference start and my guides answered where - it figured anyway. I didn't do a proper protection before I started, and as I said there was a lot of people out there, who knows what they brought in. Anyway... the protection thing makes sense. I'll have to discuss this later with my guides and figure out what exactly happened.

After "consultation" I was told that one of the boys upstairs "has his demons" and that I picked up on his tormentors. I knew the guy wasn't quite right in the head so not a big surprise. My guides told me not to worry about it though, that it happens on an occasion.

Topaz
27-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Pendulums are just tools used to heighten your own intuition. Exactly I have loads of pendulums and at the moment I wear them )

Seawolf
27-01-2012, 11:49 AM
I've been using the pendulum alphabet chart successfully for a few days, and I've gotten wonderful messages from my guides. I know their names, most at least, and have found different personalities in them and all. Today I did some dowsing in a not very peaceful surrounding, I figured I could try if I could focus in a noise and with a lot of people upstairs. At first it worked fine, then I started getting nasty messages, ridiculing me. Actually at first I thought it was just one of my "jokester" guides, but then I got some swear words etc... And figured this is no longer one of my mates. Nothing more than that happened, I asked where did the interference start and my guides answered where - it figured anyway. I didn't do a proper protection before I started, and as I said there was a lot of people out there, who knows what they brought in. Anyway... the protection thing makes sense. I'll have to discuss this later with my guides and figure out what exactly happened.
That's what I'm saying. I don't want any possibility of tricksters. I have opened psychic doors in the past and I became absolutely miserable from it. It took a lot of work to get back to normal.

Animus27
27-01-2012, 04:01 PM
I bought a pendulum a few years ago. I have not used it for a long time. I have thought about using it but I am afraid to use it. It seems to be similar to a Ouija board. I am terrified of Ouija boards even though nothing bad ever happened when I played it as a teenager. What are your thoughts about it?
I think pendulums are far too simple and easily explained by subconscious muscle movements to be reliable in true divination.

But, with proper protection and so forth, I don't think it would be much of a problem to use one. Just not my thing, though.

vicky3619
27-01-2012, 04:13 PM
I'm also so afraid of ouija board. I just had a pendulum and I'm thinking if I'll use it or no...

Adrienne
27-01-2012, 04:26 PM
I think the pendulum is fine, I have never had any problems with it.

except on a few occasions, when it is not giving me the answers I want, lol ! :tongue: