Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 03-08-2012, 05:50 PM
The Scientist

Buzzing/high pitch sounds in ears help!!

Hello Everybody,

Anyone else get crazy high pitched sounds/buzzing in your ears?

I get this when meditating or any time I connect spiritually and it seems to go hand in hand with my blissful sensations.

Yesterday I was lying in bed connecting with my guides/teachers when this noise came on so strong that it was like a symphony of high pitched noises. It was insane!! At one point it drowned out my own thoughts. It was like the high tones blocked out my egoic thoughts.

What is this sound??
Old 03-08-2012, 06:46 PM
Henri77

I doubt there's any ONE answer that applies to everyone.
I'd highly suggest you ask your guides directly.

But many suggest this is a prelude to greater clairaudience as your spiritual "hearing", nervous system, is being tuned-modified for clearer communication.

By whom... is the question.... but your higher self certainly knows
Old 03-08-2012, 06:55 PM
Experiencer

What you describe is common for people to report with spiritual development and I experience this myself. Not a bad idea to check your hearing for tinninitis to be sure.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:04 PM
Guide

I assume you're referring to ringing in the ears? It seems to be a very common phenomenon, which I think most human beings experience throughout their lives. As for what it is, I've pondered myself from time to time. Folklore will say "it means someone just talked about you" (good or bad depending on which ear rang); New Agers say it's an ascension symptom; while some believe it means one's etheric field was interrupted by an extra dimensional being.

From personal experience, ringing in my ears is something that occurs pretty much everyday; for the most part in small bursts that lasts for a few seconds, usually with hours in between them; but it may vary. Sometimes the affected ear goes mute with the ringing, in which case the hearing of that ear is temporarily decreased. On rare occasions, I've also experienced muting with no ringing; or maybe the ringing was too subtle / high pitched for me to notice.

One of the weirdest occurrences I've experienced, though, is white noise. Yeah, you read that right: White noise. It has only happened twice in my life, from what I've been able to note. Really had me confused too, as both times I thought the sound came from my surroundings. So I would be looking around and listening really close, until I plugged my fingers into my ears and realized it was in my head. Sounded like distant radio static, or like the sound of the bathroom faucet being left on full while just barely hearing it from another room. I recall it lasted for a while both times, as well; several minutes.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:36 PM
The Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
I doubt there's any ONE answer that applies to everyone.
I'd highly suggest you ask your guides directly.

But many suggest this is a prelude to greater clairaudience as your spiritual "hearing", nervous system, is being tuned-modified for clearer communication.

By whom... is the question.... but your higher self certainly knows

Interesting, I hope this is my answer as I would love clearer communication. I sense it has something to do with my spirtual growth as well.

The only issue with asking my guides is that I don't have 100% faith that I am hearing my guides. I hear an inner voice when I ask to speak. It can be male or female. The female identified herself as Gabrielle but I can't be sure it's not my ego making stuff up. I rather hear the voices on there own spontaneously but then again if that happens then I would need sometime to adjust so I don't go crazy.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:43 PM
The Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selenphina
What you describe is common for people to report with spiritual development and I experience this myself. Not a bad idea to check your hearing for tinninitis to be sure.

I don't think it's tinnitus because it only comes when I am doing spiritual stuff and especially if I am praying or directly speaking to my guides/teachers.

I can end the ringing if I wish by disconnecting with the spiritual side so to speak. And then I can turn on the ringing when I tune back.

Although seeing a doctor is very useful when it comes to things of the linear scientific world, they may not be so useful when it comes to the non linear world of spirit.

If I told a doctor I can see, hear, feel spirits they may have me committed!!

Let alone my descriptions of being high as a kite without using drugs!!
Old 03-08-2012, 07:48 PM
Master

I too get that high pitched tone in my inner ear when I turn inward in spiritual thoughts. And only then.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:48 PM
The Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire
I assume you're referring to ringing in the ears? It seems to be a very common phenomenon, which I think most human beings experience throughout their lives. As for what it is, I've pondered myself from time to time. Folklore will say "it means someone just talked about you" (good or bad depending on which ear rang); New Agers say it's an ascension symptom; while some believe it means one's etheric field was interrupted by an extra dimensional being.

From personal experience, ringing in my ears is something that occurs pretty much everyday; for the most part in small bursts that lasts for a few seconds, usually with hours in between them; but it may vary. Sometimes the affected ear goes mute with the ringing, in which case the hearing of that ear is temporarily decreased. On rare occasions, I've also experienced muting with no ringing; or maybe the ringing was too subtle / high pitched for me to notice.

One of the weirdest occurrences I've experienced, though, is white noise. Yeah, you read that right: White noise. It has only happened twice in my life, from what I've been able to note. Really had me confused too, as both times I thought the sound came from my surroundings. So I would be looking around and listening really close, until I plugged my fingers into my ears and realized it was in my head. Sounded like distant radio static, or like the sound of the bathroom faucet being left on full while just barely hearing it from another room. I recall it lasted for a while both times, as well; several minutes.

This ringing is very specific so let me provide some background information:

Only started happening about 6-7 months ago
Only happens when I connect spiritually
If I disconnect (example, I'm meditating and then think of killing someone) the ringing fades
Is the most intense when I am talking/praying to my guides/teachers
I have no history of ringing ears in my youth or adulthood
Goes hand in hand with a blissful sensation

I hope it's what Henri described but who knows.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Scientist
I don't think it's tinnitus because it only comes when I am doing spiritual stuff and especially if I am praying or directly speaking to my guides/teachers.

I

This is an extremely common phenomena-question-topic on these sites.
No one has a firm answer exactly who-what causes it, far as I know.
Just that it seems a physiological response to spiritual energy.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:52 PM
The Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
I too get that high pitched tone in my inner ear when I turn inward in spiritual thoughts. And only then.

Me too!! Only then and no history of ringing before.