Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 27-02-2012, 08:02 PM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by forests
Let me know when you get repeatable empirical evidence for your scientific experiments confirmed by other scientists, and perhaps published in scientific peer reviewed papers etc (actually im not that picky about the papers, but your results would need to be confirmed by other scientists) that is how science operates, if it is not repeatable it is not science, then we can get talking,

Right, and this is how I know you don't understand what QM is saying. QM basically says that you get the results you want to observe. It's threatening for most mainstream scientist to think about it, because it throws into question the validity of the entire scientific method.

Seriously, take some scientists out for some beers and you will have much more interesting discussions.

Quote:
until then its all in your imagination

YES. Precisely the point. Now you're getting it!
Old 27-02-2012, 08:09 PM
SerpentQueen

Incidentally, forests, the majority of scientific breakthroughs came from scientists who came from non-traditional backgrounds -- outside of the traditional academic science world. This includes Einstein.

As I said, I'm married to a scientist and I hang out with scientists all the time... it is clear to me as well as to my husband that many in science have become just as close-minded as those in religious institutions. It's become about protecting the institution of science, not making actual scientific breakthroughs.

It's quite ironic.

And my hubby -- if you buy him free beers -- could fill your head with stories about just how those peer-reviewed papers get published, and how science really does operate. It's not how you think it does. It's all about egos and dollars.
Old 27-02-2012, 08:19 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentQueen
Right, and this is how I know you don't understand what QM is saying. QM basically says that you get the results you want to observe. It's threatening for most mainstream scientist to think about it, because it throws into question the validity of the entire scientific method.

Seriously, take some scientists out for some beers and you will have much more interesting discussions.

this is called the rosenthal effect. it goes for sciences to what ever.
Old 27-02-2012, 08:25 PM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Here's a nice overview from Discover mag on the quantum theory of reverse causality. Or, the future influencing the past.

http://discovermagazine.com/2010/apr...rom-the-future
7L

Thanks for that -- just read it... again. I read it when it first came out. It's one of the reasons on the predestination vs free will threads I tend to argue on the predestination side of the fence.

This is not the only area of science that is suggesting that the future influences the past, or that time may actually run backward, not forward. Which interestingly could explain precognition, telepathy, syncs...
Old 27-02-2012, 08:26 PM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
this is called the rosenthal effect. it goes for sciences to what ever.

Thanks. It's why an open mind is so important, no?
Old 27-02-2012, 08:35 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Thanks. It's why an open mind is so important, no?

EXACTLY!!!!!!
Old 27-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Thanks for that -- just read it... again. I read it when it first came out. It's one of the reasons on the predestination vs free will threads I tend to argue on the predestination side of the fence.

This is not the only area of science that is suggesting that the future influences the past, or that time may actually run backward, not forward. Which interestingly could explain precognition, telepathy, syncs...

Would that also explain how I lost a whole year of my life?
Old 27-02-2012, 08:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Right, and this is how I know you don't understand what QM is saying. QM basically says that you get the results you want to observe.

Not at all.

Quote:
It's threatening for most mainstream scientist to think about it, because it throws into question the validity of the entire scientific method.

The experiment will have results, there is a theory to prove and they want the experiment to work, but very often the experiment proves the theory wrong, which isn't what they wanted.
Old 27-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Master
Quote:

As I said, I'm married to a scientist and I hang out with scientists all the time... it is clear to me as well as to my husband that many in science have become just as close-minded as those in religious institutions. It's become about protecting the institution of science, not making actual scientific breakthroughs.

It's quite ironic.

And my hubby -- if you buy him free beers -- could fill your head with stories about just how those peer-reviewed papers get published, and how science really does operate. It's not how you think it does. It's all about egos and dollars.

Hi,

All this will change very gracefully over time. Your hubby may very well be playing a role in this transformation that you have not considered.

One of my all time favorite channeled Kryon messages on science is this.
http://www.kryon.com/k_chanelshasta_2_07.html

Its almost 5 years ago and there has been many more insights from Kryon on science since than. However that message always gives me a strong sense of humility. One that gets grounded in confidence about humanity and its real and lasting potentials.

In my view, our process of evolving is appropriate and blessed. We are all a part of it even when it seems that we are not. Our awakening is multi-generational. How your hubby feels at work about these things goes right into the hearts of the children yet to arrive. Do not underestimate this energy. It is very powerful.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 27-02-2012, 09:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
Would that also explain how I lost a whole year of my life?

Shabby, hello...could you say more about this...if you are able to share?

Also SerpentQueen, agree that time seems to run in all directions, though we can typically only perceive one direction clearly (forward).

I think free will still has a role to play...but it's just that we may be operating from on shifting sands (if the starting point keeps changing...LOL...)

peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke