Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 28-01-2012, 01:08 AM
Silver Silver is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 22,167
  Silver's Avatar
I think it's an interesting belief to believe that people 'choose' who they are and how they live, how long they live etc. It's been said the rain falls on the just and the unjust ~ the sun shines on the 'bad' and the good'.

I like things short and simple ~ to me, life is just a big **** shoot, no matter what one believes.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 28-01-2012, 01:08 AM
Usako Usako is offline
Deactivated Account
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,295
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulSparkles
I have great faith in the powers that be...Im very sure they know what they are doing. I know sometimes things seem so unfair, but we just have to have faith..... I believe that for everything there is a reason.....

Having said that I still see starving children dying and I weep and wonder how this can happen.....

But all I can do is pray for those who suffer and try and do my own small part in making the world a better place to live in... Its constructive.

;-)

SoulSparkles.....

I also have the same faith as you, only the reason seems inexistent at times...

I want to make my own small part also, I use writing for it, I found it to be a great way to reaching many people at the same time, hopefully at least some will listen.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 28-01-2012, 01:10 AM
Usako Usako is offline
Deactivated Account
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,295
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I think it's an interesting belief to believe that people 'choose' who they are and how they live, how long they live etc. It's been said the rain falls on the just and the unjust ~ the sun shines on the 'bad' and the good'.

I like things short and simple ~ to me, life is just a big **** shoot, no matter what one believes.

I have always believed you chose when to die, but then something happened that made me feel that you could put yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time, hopefully I am very wrong!

A big **** shoot?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 28-01-2012, 01:12 AM
Silver Silver is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 22,167
  Silver's Avatar
A **** shoot is a game of dice ~ a gambling game.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 28-01-2012, 01:19 AM
Usako Usako is offline
Deactivated Account
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,295
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
A **** shoot is a game of dice ~ a gambling game.

Oh, I see!

I can see it in some events, but in some there seems to be a bigger reason for things. Like the person who avoids a plane crash, because they were late and missed it.

Maybe things are like Steve Jobs said, we cannot connect the dots when looking to the future, only when we look behind we are able to see how things connect to each other.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 28-01-2012, 01:22 AM
Silver Silver is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 22,167
  Silver's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suikagirl
Oh, I see!

I can see it in some events, but in some there seems to be a bigger reason for things. Like the person who avoids a plane crash, because they were late and missed it.

Maybe things are like Steve Jobs said, we cannot connect the dots when looking to the future, only when we look behind we are able to see how things connect to each other.

I like that, smart fellow he was.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 28-01-2012, 01:28 AM
Usako Usako is offline
Deactivated Account
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,295
 
Oh yes he was, unfortunately he didn't seem to be that great of a boss!

Have you heard his speech? He gave it at Stanford University in 2005, he said such great things in it, very motivational!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 28-01-2012, 01:28 AM
sound sound is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,576
  sound's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
I think those who bring suffering also die at the same rate as those who don't, life doesn't discriminate.

I agree Robert ... everybody passes ... death is part of life and, like you say, it doesn't discriminate ... many people are seen, by those still living, in a more understanding light after they have passed ... but that's digressing ...
__________________
Many footfalls hollow out a pathway ....
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 28-01-2012, 01:29 AM
psychoslice psychoslice is offline
Suspended
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 12,111
  psychoslice's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suikagirl
But where would this "consciousness" go? We are energy and energy isn't destroyed...Who is dreaming us then? Wouldn't it be pointless for all to be just a dream, a dream that is shared with many others at the same time and with the same characteristics?

I know I won't change your way of thinking, nor will you be able to change mine, for I believe in reincarnation just because I know it to be true, like a innate knowing...but I enjoy the discussion
Yes I enjoy discussing this stuff also, and in the end none of us really know what were talking about lol, ..Consciousness goes nowhere, it is the energy that is molded into whatever, but this is from Consciousnesses not pure Consciousnesses its SELF, this world that we live in, is our dream, yes we all dream together. Some Awaken in this dream and realize that there is more than just this dream, but still the dream goes on.

I'm not out to change anyone's mind, I just realize my own inner truth and that is all I ever share, I also never say that I know anything to be true, that would be arrogance on my part, as I said I can only share that which I have experienced.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 28-01-2012, 01:34 AM
Usako Usako is offline
Deactivated Account
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,295
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Yes I enjoy discussing this stuff also, and in the end none of us really know what were talking about lol, ..Consciousness goes nowhere, it is the energy that is molded into whatever, but this is from Consciousnesses not pure Consciousnesses SELF, this world that we live in, is our dream, yes we all dream together. Some Awaken in this dream and realize that there is more than just this dream, but still the dream goes on.

I'm not out to change anyone's mind, I just realize my own inner truth and that is all I ever share, I also never say that I know anything to be true, that would be arrogance on my part, as I said I can only share that which I have experienced.

It sounds very Matrix like! Although for me we are dreaming, and when we die we wake up.

I really hope there is an After Life, and I'll be able to meet my loved ones there, especially someone who was taken away violently and prematurely.

I just wished the truth was given to us, in a way no one could doubt it, making things so much easier! But that's just me, Miss Impatient! Would prevent a lot of wars at least!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums