Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 04-03-2017, 12:13 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucely
U shouldnt give in hopes of it getting what u want. Only give money or whatever else when u have absolutely nothing else to do with that money, or u just wanna give someone happiness with that hug. Giving in hopes of getting is somewhat a negative/contradictory output

I did it mostly because I want to treat everyone like I want to be treated, which includes helping those in need because I'd like to be helped as well when I am screwed some way. And also to try to be less selfish.
Old 04-03-2017, 01:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Right on, Guth. I just bought myself a new tarot deck right now,on top of being gifted an new Tao Oracle today ( They are amazing!!). The best art is that I don't really use them for myself, I share/gift these things ( readings) with my friends or members of the forum. I gotta big collection growing ...

The Universe is ridiculously gracious .. ;p

Clover,

I was just listening to some music, whose rhythm just happened to match the cadence of your air-y guitarist. So much fun to watch while listening.
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 04-03-2017 at 04:03 AM.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:37 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
"Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen."
Dale Cooper - Twin Peaks

... just thought I'd give myself a present by sharing it with all of you today.

Thank you for sharing, that is a wonderful quote and idea.
Old 07-03-2017, 03:27 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
I would but the one thing I desire isn't for sale unfortunately.
Why worry about something you can't have right now. Instead give yourself a present you can. It is not the thing or experience that matters, it is the joy and lightness. What would you enjoy, that you can gift to yourself today?
Old 10-03-2017, 08:22 AM
boshy b. good

when we see a new rise fine about - that's gold, we stampede that, there are many on your marks out there

"we that believe same are in this together and huddled equally" ( there are always a group of us about )
Old 10-03-2017, 12:26 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfirst
Why worry about something you can't have right now. Instead give yourself a present you can. It is not the thing or experience that matters, it is the joy and lightness. What would you enjoy, that you can gift to yourself today?

There is nothing I desire except for that one thing, and it's personal.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:17 PM
Master
Last night I was thinking about how an LED fountain my brother bought me for last years Christmas had stopped running water properly. Finally after thinking on it, I decided to take action I don't even know how I mustered the energy as I was tired, but I got up messed around with the thing and got it working.

I couldn't be happier with myself. Just getting up even if I have to force myself and bringing the ability to manifest in our lives to the foreground. Even if it is something so simple as manifesting some patience.

Sunday I also just went out and got myself a gift- a few wind chimes. It worked out for the better over all. A family member saw them and remarked how they'd like one so next time I get to the store they are first on my list to give to.

I like to try to do for others when something I need or want happens for me. To keep the cycle of generosity and gratitude going.

It can be as simple as deciding we are going to have that coffee, it can be giving ourselves a break, it can be giving our thoughts and emotions consideration. I don't suppose it matters what it is, but rather the spirit of appreciation that comes from giving.

So that was my gift for myself yesterday. Getting up and taking action with faith in myself, that I am capable of doing things/ fixing things myself.
Old 12-03-2017, 12:08 AM
Master
Thank you SaturninePluto,

My wife and I were talking about some of the decision points in our respective lives that resulted in profound changes afterward....even when we did not know what the results would be beforehand.

My gift to myself, and to her, was in reminding us that the things we want for ourselves "in the future" exist whether we can see them or not...just as the things we couldn't imagine happening in the "past", also existed before we were aware of them, as well.

The only difference between what is "to be" or "not to be"....is one's decision.

That's what gets the Universe working on one's behalf, whether to fix one's life, (or a precious LED fountain), or letting either remain broken....

....it's always about the decision.

"To be, or not to be- that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them....."

For my wife and me, I'm glad we both made decisions that brought, and kept us together, in the noblest life I know...

Reference: http://www.opensourceshakespeare.org...&Scope=sc ene Line 1750
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 12-03-2017, 12:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by txsha
Thank you for sharing, that is a wonderful quote and idea.

Thanks Txsha,

Have you given yourself a gift ?
Old 12-03-2017, 01:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by nellie
Huge fan of Twin Peaks over here so this post made me smile :)
And I definitely agree with these words. Also a great idea to do something new every day.
It can be as simple as trying a new tea blend or taking a new walking route.
I may not do these things every day but I try to as often as I can

Nellie,

....am glad you've allowed yourself to enjoy the variety of experiences the whole world awaits for you to choose. So much to choose....and each experience is a gift all its own.