Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 17-04-2015, 07:33 PM
Knower

do you think you can be born depressed

I have said similar in another post
But i have unrelenting emotional pain and have had it all my life and mainly just felt lost in the world. I have had this labeled as depression by doctors when i was ninteen.
MY mum thought i was depressed at 7years old and took me for an assesment. They just said i was frightned and confused about life, I would say that sums it up realy. But would add sadness and pain to that judgment of me they made
From 5years old i have memories as early as that and they are all of sadness and pain for being alive really.

But before any diagnosis i used to call me pain soul sickness. Because i knew about that people had souls and my pain was so deep that i thought even from young that it must be my soul that was sick.

I think if you believe in past lives and reincarnation it would be easy to believe you could have stuff left over from a past life.

But im more interested in other theories about why some people might be born with soul pain.
Do you think it could just be a personality thing that some people just feel life hurts
I know i am highly sensitive and alot of us feel this way alot of us are suicidal for no aparantly good reason.

I also feel the pain of others as my own and take it on so i am full up alot of the time with hurt so its from inside and outside but im more interested for this post why a little child might be in the world with a hurting soul?? Before they have really been exposed to the world of people and learned language etc . Im convinced i was born this way.
So im interested in where the internal hurt comes from and not that it comes from other people. Because that one has already occured to me
any other theories??
Old 17-04-2015, 08:17 PM
Deactivated Account

Birth is traumatic in itself, being separated from the mother, that could very well cause depression if the baby had a more adverse reaction to it than normal.
Old 17-04-2015, 09:04 PM
Well, let's see, the poet, author, priest, George Herbert
said in the 1500s...

We are all born crying
and every day I know why.

At least I think it was him...hahaha...

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-04-2015, 09:14 AM
Master

Maybe you are a very empathic person by nature, hence this quality also in a very young age.
Empathic people resonate with all emotions/feelings and I personally think negativity is a pretty dominant emotion on this planet, that's why you felt this energy from a young age on, not knowing where it comes from.

Maybe you can spend time in nature on a regular basis to be surrounded by more peaceful energies more often.
Old 19-04-2015, 11:34 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrao

Maybe you can spend time in nature on a regular basis to be surrounded by more peaceful energies more often.

This is a very good suggestion by Serrao.

The original state of the soul is pure joy and bliss. ( Sat-Chit-Ananda -- Truth-Being-Bliss )

So depression is just an outer covering over the soul's intrinsic nature of joy and bliss. By meditation or being with nature, this covering can be removed and cleaned up.

Good happy music is also a great way to increase happiness.

Here are some good inspiring quotes on happiness...

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...&postcount=354

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 18-04-2015, 10:11 AM
celest

Lillyj it is possible to be born depressed, some scientist are beginning to believe that a mother can communicate depression to the fetus and this can cause abnormal brain wiring in the child. I am not saying this has happened with you but it is worth looking into because sometimes understanding our problems helps us move on. Ask your Mum how she felt when she was carrying you, nature can be cruel...
Old 19-04-2015, 01:14 AM
Knower

serrao Its very helpful that you said that i am massivley empathic and take on other peoples emotions as my own. But i never thought that i could of taken on the general state of the planet!. It is highly negative i feel and i always seek out possitive people and the loving caring types. And yes nature is the one place i can feel at home. Animals i find in general are higher than most people and resonate love in general.

celest It ineteresting because my mum had depression all her life but i didnt want to say that because i am thinking there may be more to it than that. But i didnt know mothers can pass it on throught to the fetus. Thanks for that

Thanks miss hepburn that made me laugh. IT can definatley feel like that.
Old 19-04-2015, 05:21 AM
Experiencer

well

Look into star seeds.
Old 19-04-2015, 11:23 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyj
I have said similar in another post
But i have unrelenting emotional pain and have had it all my life and mainly just felt lost in the world. I have had this labeled as depression by doctors when i was ninteen.
MY mum thought i was depressed at 7years old and took me for an assesment. They just said i was frightned and confused about life, I would say that sums it up realy. But would add sadness and pain to that judgment of me they made
From 5years old i have memories as early as that and they are all of sadness and pain for being alive really.

But before any diagnosis i used to call me pain soul sickness. Because i knew about that people had souls and my pain was so deep that i thought even from young that it must be my soul that was sick.

I think if you believe in past lives and reincarnation it would be easy to believe you could have stuff left over from a past life.

But im more interested in other theories about why some people might be born with soul pain.
Do you think it could just be a personality thing that some people just feel life hurts
I know i am highly sensitive and alot of us feel this way alot of us are suicidal for no aparantly good reason.

I also feel the pain of others as my own and take it on so i am full up alot of the time with hurt so its from inside and outside but im more interested for this post why a little child might be in the world with a hurting soul?? Before they have really been exposed to the world of people and learned language etc . Im convinced i was born this way.
So im interested in where the internal hurt comes from and not that it comes from other people. Because that one has already occured to me
any other theories??

There is a probability for this, especially when one is depressed in the past life.

I just heard a few days back of an example of a young baby, who always holds an angry grumpy expression in its face. Perhaps he is the reincarnation of a grumpy and angry man.

If the family members too have experienced depression, then it would be ideal for such a soul to be reborn in this family, due to similarity of frequency.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 12-05-2015, 12:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
There is a probability for this, especially when one is depressed in the past life.

I just heard a few days back of an example of a young baby, who always holds an angry grumpy expression in its face. Perhaps he is the reincarnation of a grumpy and angry man.

If the family members too have experienced depression, then it would be ideal for such a soul to be reborn in this family, due to similarity of frequency.
I think it would be beneficial for me to do a past life regression, I know I have traits carried by my parents but I think I was maybe a happier person in a past life.