Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 25-03-2019, 06:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
It's interesting with quotes, they really need to be authenticated and read in context before asserting them. If you are going to use a quote, you really need to be able to back it up, not just throw the onus of research back in someone's face.

I was taught to find and name a quote from its original source, never a secondary source because you simply have no idea of the truth or otherwise of what you're asserting or its context if you haven't read the original. Can you prove your secondary source used the quote correctly and in context? You are aware of all the fake Buddha quotes yes? Do you think fake quotes are restricted to Buddhism?

Why Hindu's choose to see their 3 gods as a trinity is a specific topic, and likely has very different reasons to why Christians choose to see the Father Son and Holy Spirit as a trinity. Surface similarities are not a good indicator of underlying reasons.

" Maybe you could try to examine Hindu versus Christian trinities personally, instead of just leaving it at a surface level and quoting internet fodder.
"

Internet fodder? Sanskrit Sacred Text's are there for the reading as are St Jerome's, free of charge for those who are interested
Old 25-03-2019, 08:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
"

Internet fodder? Sanskrit Sacred Text's are there for the reading as are St Jerome's, free of charge for those who are interested

Then kindly give me a link to the page from which you quoted St Jerome.
Old 25-03-2019, 01:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Then kindly give me a link to the page from which you quoted St Jerome.

If I can remember the name of the article I will post it, it was all about Ancient Religious Repeats and listed quite a lot of Pagan and Non Pagan beliefs that have been passed down and adapted over time to Modern Religion's, it was an eye-opener and very interesting.
Old 26-03-2019, 01:40 AM
Master
Quote:
If I can remember the name of the article I will post it, it was all about Ancient Religious Repeats and listed quite a lot of Pagan and Non Pagan beliefs that have been passed down and adapted over time to Modern Religion's, it was an eye-opener and very interesting.

Honestly, I'm interested in the quote from St Jerome in the context of his full paragraph, his writing and context, not as it is quoted in an internet article. I'd like to see if the quote is authentic, and what it means in his (St Jerome's) context.

A quote that a second party has quoted is unsubstantiated if you cannot examine the original and its context. Fake quotes abound, and quotes taken out of context abound. For your quote to have any substance I'd like to examine the original material.

You said "Sanskrit Sacred Text's are there for the reading as are St Jerome's, free of charge for those who are interested." Well I'm interested, and would like you to point me in the direction of the freely available St Jerome text that your quote came from. Not a secondary source.
Old 26-03-2019, 04:49 AM
Master
At least as far as the bible goes, there is evidence of duality. Take this verse -

"On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. 19 But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, 20 for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you." Matt 10:18-20

It will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you. Do people see duality here, or is it just me?
Old 26-03-2019, 09:56 AM
Master
Quote:
At least as far as the bible goes, there is evidence of duality. Take this verse -

"On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. 19 But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, 20 for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you." Matt 10:18-20

It will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you. Do people see duality here, or is it just me?

No duality, isn't the Spirit the non physical part of a person....
Old 26-03-2019, 01:42 PM
ImthatIm

Here is 2 clear examples of duality.
Urim and Thummim.
Tree of knowledge of good and evil.
Old 26-03-2019, 02:02 PM
Master

There was a time when everyone knew about God. As people began to spread out after the Flood many of them forgot the truth and began to follow errors. Some elements of truth remained in all the false teaching so you can find some truth in all religions. If you find some Biblical teaching in a false religion it doesn't mean that the Bible got the teaching from that religion but that the religion has retained some truth.
Old 26-03-2019, 02:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
There was a time when everyone knew about God. As people began to spread out after the Flood many of them forgot the truth and began to follow errors. Some elements of truth remained in all the false teaching so you can find some truth in all religions. If you find some Biblical teaching in a false religion it doesn't mean that the Bible got the teaching from that religion but that the religion has retained some truth.

The epic of Gilgamesh came way before the Genesis / Flood myth. So we have a myth passed down from ancient history over and over, they call it ' Religious Repeats '.
Old 29-03-2019, 12:27 PM
Master
Quote:
No duality, isn't the Spirit the non physical part of a person....

Do 'I' listen to the Spirit, perhaps the 'Higher Self' in Hinduism? What I'm asking is is this Higher Self, somehow separate to me, somehow the one in charge, and 'I' am subject to the Higher Self's command. In Buddhism perhaps the Buddha self, is this a separate awareness, or Do 'I' identify with the buddha/Higher Self. In Christian terms I follow the will of the Higher voice. 'I' is something set apart from the Higher voice, something that follows the will of the Higher voice.