Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 09-01-2012, 11:27 PM
joecool

I forgot to quote but basically being scolded for confusing Spritualism with Spirituality. Sorry.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:24 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecool
So then what are the chances the person really was looking for books on Spirituality? I for one don't think just because a church opens and calls themselves spirtualism that all of a sudden I can's say I practice spirituality and am full of spiritualism.

Here is a definition of spiritualism which I believe fits with spirituality

and here is the wikipedia:

Neither of these seem to agree with the apparent argument.

I had to remove the links but easy enough to look up because of my post count.

....say what?
Old 10-01-2012, 06:35 PM
Experiencer

Got your mags yesterday, Mac. Thank you!

Yes, London, and England in general, sure have plenty of Spiritualist churches! Maybe I'll move there someday. But only in the unlikely event that the pound and the dollar evened-out. My pension is my only source of income, it's in dollars, it's not enough for me even in the US, and if I had to exchange $1.65 to get #1 to live on . . .

Jim
Old 10-01-2012, 06:58 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Behind
Got your mags yesterday, Mac. Thank you!

Yes, London, and England in general, sure have plenty of Spiritualist churches! Maybe I'll move there someday. But only in the unlikely event that the pound and the dollar evened-out. My pension is my only source of income, it's in dollars, it's not enough for me even in the US, and if I had to exchange $1.65 to get #1 to live on . . .

Jim

Glad to hear they arrived OK, Jim - god bless the USPS! Actually the dollar to pound conversion is in your favor at the moment and against us when we shop here...

But I get your point. A lot of our RVing friends aren't able to travel as much as they used to with fixed incomes versus increasing gas and everything else prices...

Time for a Bud!
Old 10-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Experiencer

My Gosh, Mac, has the pound really slipped that much that quickly? I last exchanged dollars for pounds last May, and the rate was about 1.65 dollars to 1.00 pounds at that time.

Jim
Old 10-01-2012, 07:55 PM
mac

Quote:
My Gosh, Mac, has the pound really slipped that much that quickly? I last exchanged dollars for pounds last May, and the rate was about 1.65 dollars to 1.00 pounds at that time.

Jim

about 1.55 dollars to our pound presently - down from about 1.64 last winter, down from 2.03 in the good ol' days a few years back.... hey ho, onward and upward.

Not complaining, just remarkin'....
Old 10-01-2012, 10:58 PM
Experiencer

The irony of it is that while on a personal basis, we prefer to have our nation's currency strong, relative to other nations - helps us if we buy things abroad, or live or visit abroad - on a national basis, a weak currency is better: helps you sell your goods and services abroad, helps you draw in foreign visitors.

Jim
Old 10-01-2012, 11:42 PM
mac

Quote:
The irony of it is that while on a personal basis, we prefer to have our nation's currency strong, relative to other nations - helps us if we buy things abroad, or live or visit abroad - on a national basis, a weak currency is better: helps you sell your goods and services abroad, helps you draw in foreign visitors.

Jim

Yup it works that way for us too....
Old 21-02-2012, 02:10 AM
Experiencer

I'm walking again!

Quote:
I've read a few already, Mac. I'll have to dig them out and do some short reviews.

Bear with me, though: with a broken ankle it's not so easy moving about my house to get and return things, so this may have to wait till I'm walking again.

Jim

Actually walking around my house using just my own two legs! But I use a walking stick for support in my yard. I'm going shopping for an orthopedic cane later this week, once the Mardi Gras madness blows over and things return to what passes here for normal!

SO, I'll be able to start opening cabinets, moving books about, and doing that book review thing we'd been talking about.

Jim
Old 21-02-2012, 02:37 AM
mac

Quote:
Actually walking around my house using just my own two legs! But I use a walking stick for support in my yard. I'm going shopping for an orthopedic cane later this week, once the Mardi Gras madness blows over and things return to what passes here for normal!

SO, I'll be able to start opening cabinets, moving books about, and doing that book review thing we'd been talking about.

Jim

Good to hear you're on the move again - what a long period of partial inactivity. But don't go skateboarding or inline blading for a time!

The book reviews can wait until you're ready.