Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 09:08 PM
Mart

My answer to eternal happiness

I have an 20 month old son who wears nappies.

He hates having his nappy changed. When i lie him on his back there is nothing i can do to stop him kicking and screaming. Sometimes i stay calm and change his nappy, sometimes i get annoyed and show my annoyance, but i always have to hold him still and the harder he fights the tighter i must hold him - or he'd get pooh everywhere and it's pointlessly traumatic! If he stayed still i would be able to change his nappy in 20 seconds, it would be a totally stress free experience, but he doesn't understand this yet.

It occured to me earlier that this is a good metaphor for life, god and my struggle against the great spirit that binds us all.

Try this, but for it to work you must be totally open to it, believe it.

You are stuck in the universe. The universe is a great big web. The web fibres stick to you more the more you move but will stop sticking if you stop struggling. You are wearing a virtual reality mask that is beaming in pictures that you are experiencing as reality. Nothing can hurt you but the web can grip you tighter the more you struggle. Let go, surrender and the web will release you. God is your father he loves you and he is asking you to surrender, stop moving and he will let you go. Try it, it works, the less you struggle, the more you surrender the less painful it becomes until you get to a point where it's fun. Just like changing a baby's nappy.
Closed Thread