Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 21-06-2016, 04:47 PM
Newbie ;)

How commonplace are legit psycics/mediums?

First some background. I'm working to develop my psycic abilities. I discovered an increase in my abilities when I went through a several month span of regular meditation. Besides this I've always had some ability here and there. My point is, I know psycic ability is real even with my own experiences ( I'm still learning).

However I've had some experiences with scam psycics as well. I'm just wondering how commonplace are legit psycics whom do this for a living? I'm not referring to people who are psycic and don't make money off of it. Actually everyone is psycic to some extent but im not talking about everyone. I'm thinking only a small fraction of charging psycics are not scammers. I'm very against lying. I'm beginning to think it would take less time simply to continue developing my own abilities over the years then to continue going from scammer to scammer. :/

Ide like to point out that I realize that even a truthful psycic gets it wrong sometimes. Im not talking about that. When someone lies and says that a deceased is giving you a message and they would have never in a million years given you that message. Or when they start asking you questions to work off of making it oh, so obvious they are blatantly guessing and embellishing what they got right. That's just so wrong. Any experiences or thoughts on this? How common are legit psycics that do this for a living in your experience/ opinion?
Old 21-06-2016, 04:57 PM
Experiencer
Hi !! :) Welcome to the Forum.

I am also very new in my development and have been studying with a mentor and fellow Mediumship students so I do have an opinion on this personally.

I personally have not met a scammer psychic, they may exist for sure! but I Have yet to meet one.

I have met some psychic mediums who might not be as well trained, or thorough with evidence in readings as others. The teachings I have are pretty much strictly evidential mediumship, if it's not evidential, don't pass it along. I personally get skeptical when I hear a reading that is all messages like "they love you, they are ok, they are proud of you" etc. Without a name, way of passing, geographical information, relation validation, recent activity validated through spirits messages etc, I manage to doubt the abilities or education of the Medium.

Giving readings is such a huge responsibility as a medium, hearts and emotions are on the line, I can't imagine too many people fraudulently putting up a shingle and giving readings for cash that don't have some ability. I just think it comes down to 1. lack of proper training education and practice, and 2. People along the way have given false yes' or ego boosts that don't serve the Mediumship development well.

I go into every reading telling my sitter, please don't make it fit, if it's a No I can handle that please be honest with your yes' and no's.

sorry so long! lol
Old 21-06-2016, 05:18 PM
Newbie ;)

My most recent psycic reading was a medium reading on a deceased picture. Something she saw would have been an very lucky guess so it seemed to me that she really did make a connection. I think she may have lost the connection at some point, didn't want to admit that and sort of added onto what she saw or was taking from my answers to her questions. And, yes, a lot of vague things like you mentioned. It really does hurt to feel like you are being lied to with a reading about a passed loved one. Thank you for the reply. :)
Old 21-06-2016, 05:49 PM
Experiencer
In Mediumship readings especially when you're starting out you waver in and out of 'the power'. Something I just learned this past weekend was to be honest with your sitter on what you are picking up Mediumistically and psychically because through even a 30 minute reading you will drop in and out of your connection with Spirit. Those who are much more advanced Mediums with lots of training can maintain the power for the duration of the reading, but it's said the % of those types of mediums is quiet low. All about practice practice practice with some dedication, good intentions and constant development :)
Old 22-06-2016, 01:12 PM
Deactivated Account
Although scam psychics do exist I think the large majority probably have good intentions and think/believe they are receiving a message from spirit, whereas in fact it is coming from their own thought processes (often unconscious ones). I've met a few mediums like this; I truly don't believe they are 'fake' in as much as they thought they were getting memories or people but they didn't make any sense to me.

I have met genuinely accurate psychics but I do think these are very few and far between.
Old 22-06-2016, 06:16 PM
Experiencer

Can anyone recommend some psychic mediums who you know beyond any doubt to be legitimate, and good at what they do? I know one personally, I'm not sure if her intentions are good, but I know beyond any shred of a doubt that she is really good at what she does.
Old 22-06-2016, 08:22 PM
Administrator
I am a Natural Medium which means i was born seeing and Hearing spirit.you develop your own way of doing things through experience for me my guide was always around me,my grandmother also helped me understand certain things, there are scam mediums and psychics out there but your intuition should tell you who they are,if you feel they are not genuine then they prob not,word of mouth is a good indication of who you can trust and who you cant,
going to a psychic development group or a meditation group can help bring you on,you could go to a spiritulist church and see how they do things, there are good mediums out there as well so dont think everybody is the same.

Namaste
Old 24-06-2016, 11:35 PM
Master
I think that there are an abundance of accurate psychics but when you get into the professional arena then things can change. I think that psychics can get corrupted by abusing their gifts. It depends on the situation and how they conduct themselves. In my experience the 'spirits' aren't willing to be treated like servants...That's just how it is for me. I couldn't charge for what I do.

There are intentional scammers who are not 'truly gifted' as they claim, they just cold read or maybe read cards or do some cursory astrology..That's not really psychic.

On the other hand, I have been to several psychics in my life and I had good experiences. One of them didn't seem that accurate at the time but in retrospect she was pretty good. She gave me one message that wasn't a
prediction but it was something I needed to hear and it gave me reassurance that the universe would always provide. She didn't use those words but that
was the gist. And she was right, so I adopted that philosophy and accepted that 'money comes and money goes, it flows'...meaning there will always be enough, and if you let it go, it will come back to you. It always does.

I have my own guidance and I don't need a psychic but sometimes the words
of others is how I get my guidance. They don't have to be psychic to speak the words I need to hear. It is true that everybody has that ability but it is up to us to use our ears to listen and accept such a simple fact.
Old 29-06-2016, 12:56 AM
Master
The Divine speaks through anybody IMO - I've received profound messages by people who weren't even "psychics" and totally useless messages by professionals. I listen to trees, look for signs - there are messages everywhere.
Old 29-06-2016, 05:33 AM
Administrator
Hello

I am a natural born Medium/Psychic/Reiki Master Healer

I came into this life with all that I am "light switch on" is how many that have read me say, I have no off switch no downtime. I am open to all that are there to make contact the good and the bad. I take it all full on if need be. Growing up it was not an easy childhood but too it was one that helped define whom I am today.

I have been to many Psychic Fairs over the years, not to participate as a reader but to observe and explore what is out there. I have had some flat out refuse to work on me or read for me, but do not know me. So I have to wonder if I might have seen flaw in them. I have been to some that have read facial and emotional changes. I have called some on that.

I went for a reading with on of the best of the best and paid a lot of money for a private 20 minute session. They got NOTHING right about me or my family, I called them on this and was told I was "blocking them" so I was the fraud.

At 21 I had to opportunity to attend a workshop with a very good psychic that was looking for those "Gifted" Mediums to work along with him. I passed that level but a vision of lights and makeup and guards made me change that life path. I did not want that fame. Years later our paths crossed again and he said I was such a waste of talent, as I did not charge for my work, I asked him is he had a wife, no, family, no freedom, no.....I had all of that by this time in life. He had to admit maybe I did choose the right path for me.

In Canada is your a fraud as a Medium or Psychic you can face charges, if it can be proved your falsely profiting from it.

There are always those out there that do not work from their best foot forwards, but karma plays a role. I feel that you do go through many lives where you learn many lessons. I am sure I have had many a test.

Lynn