Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 02-10-2014, 01:14 PM
DetunedRadio

Bored of this life... help?

Hello all, I will try too keep this as short and as on point as possible. Please move this to the appropriate sub-forum if this isn't it.
  • Currently outright bored of this life, materialism is dull, and I'm attracted to it very dimly.
  • Bettering the soul, and making it higher vibration is what I strive to do, but for a long while I've been bored of doing "right". Creeping thoughts to do wrong come by, but I know better (for the most part).
  • Suicide is not an option, that would cause too much damage, and it would not be right for my soul. Funny enough though, I'm contemplating picking up smoking again just to speed the process.
  • I tried learning to Astral Project so that I could do that when I wasn't attending my needs for survival. However, I was disappointed to learn of Astral pollution, and that our desires do carry over to the astral planes. I was extremely interested in soul retrievals, but I don't think I can handle the accountability involved for messing that up.
  • I don't know what to do help?

If it matters: I'm 24, with a good academic background, and have many of these awesome life opportunities ahead of me that I just honestly could not care for. My job is also going well developing apps for mobile phones. Although, I would rather be experiencing the after life, and meeting the Creator.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:03 PM
Administrator
We all have ups and downs in life some more than you think they really think the same way as you do, its one situation many of us can empathise with when you feel like that you dont feel as though you can take any more of life,
it does pass it really does .have you got anywhere you can go walking into nature this normally helps just forget about what you think you are suppposed to be doing and do something different, life can be hard nobody can tell you anything different,its how you deal with it,
have you got friends you can hang around with take your mind of things.
life is precious dont be in such a hurry to end it,

Namaste
Old 02-10-2014, 04:39 PM
Master

Service .....

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 03-10-2014, 03:13 PM
Forsythia

I agree with Native Spirit. When I start feeling similar feelings, I go walking on the trails that I love by my house. There is something about nature that just feels healing. The thought of going there makes me feel happy. I hope you figure out what does this for you, but you won't know until you get out and try differant things :-)
Old 03-10-2014, 09:13 PM
DetunedRadio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
We all have ups and downs in life some more than you think they really think the same way as you do, its one situation many of us can empathise with when you feel like that you dont feel as though you can take any more of life,
it does pass it really does .have you got anywhere you can go walking into nature this normally helps just forget about what you think you are suppposed to be doing and do something different, life can be hard nobody can tell you anything different,its how you deal with it,
have you got friends you can hang around with take your mind of things.
life is precious dont be in such a hurry to end it,

Namaste

True, life is precious and has a lot to offer. I find it amazing that you and I are able to communicate from such a far distance, yet know nothing of each other. I don't know, but these feelings I have can become overpowering and lead me to impatience. I am still young and have a lot to learn, but I honestly am progressively losing it :/ It's overwhelming! I have parts of me telling me to be grateful, and live day by day normally. Although deep down inside, nothing comforts me more than the idea of an afterlife, to meet the Creator. I just don't want to anger the Higher power by wanting to rush things, and it is why I'm reaching out for help.

What would you do if you were in my place, and wished nothing more from life, than death itself? It's a gloomy thought to express out in the open, but it's how I feel, and I'm not necessarily proud of that thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Service .....

Sorry, what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsythia
I agree with Native Spirit. When I start feeling similar feelings, I go walking on the trails that I love by my house. There is something about nature that just feels healing. The thought of going there makes me feel happy. I hope you figure out what does this for you, but you won't know until you get out and try differant things :-)

I'll go do just that, right now. I'll see how it goes. Though I can tell you that these thoughts have been haunting me for quite some time now.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:11 PM
Forsythia

Awe :-( I have had several periods of my life where I have felt like that. It eventually passes although it seems it never will. I find it passes a lot quicker when I work to pull myself out of it rather than dwell in the pool of misery. I just continously do things that usually make me feel better. Eventually, my mood lifts, slowly but surely. The woods just have this feeling to them. Like you're walking into a group of people and they're all saying "what's wrong sweety, tell me all about it". I don't know if that makes sense, but that's how I feel. I hope you feel better after your walk, keeping you in my thoughts!
Old 04-10-2014, 12:15 AM
DetunedRadio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsythia
Awe :-( I have had several periods of my life where I have felt like that. It eventually passes although it seems it never will. I find it passes a lot quicker when I work to pull myself out of it rather than dwell in the pool of misery. I just continously do things that usually make me feel better. Eventually, my mood lifts, slowly but surely. The woods just have this feeling to them. Like you're walking into a group of people and they're all saying "what's wrong sweety, tell me all about it". I don't know if that makes sense, but that's how I feel. I hope you feel better after your walk, keeping you in my thoughts!

hehe, I like the way the trees give of those vibes. They are very welcoming.

Minor follow up after my walk in solitude:

It appears that my guides or gut feeling has been trying to tell me to set out a road map of what my higher self wants to accomplish. Basically, meditation and dreams I found open doors to answers that cannot be attained by ourselves alone. So, my best bet is to make a road map of what my soul REALLY needs, then go from there. I'm pretty sure that would get me out of this gloomy mood, because I've recently been keeping a low radar and not working towards what betters my soul.

I wish you good vibes and a blessed day!
Old 04-10-2014, 01:15 AM
Master
you know how they say take it one day at a time? in my worse of times I got through by taking it one hour at a time, and as much as possible shutting off mind...the damned mind that rehashes and dissects everything. I've come to realize that perverse mind is a sign that we've been sort of highjacked. So, if you can distract yourself long enough from the thinking that is currently going on in your head, you will break the pattern.

Visualizing yourself doing something mundane like mowing the lawn or painting a wall....
Old 04-10-2014, 04:11 AM
Experiencer
DetunedRadio,

As you perhaps already know - your soul is eternal and has experienced both sides of this eternal equator many times. My hunch is, in the afterlife you yearn for the spiritual reality of life.

One of the problems with "greener grass" syndrome is once we’ve made that leap to the other side—once we’ve moved to where we thought the grass would be greener and where we’d be happy—we discover that it is no different. We start to wonder about the grass being greener elsewhere.

The truth of the matter is, you will never truly find peace looking for a better now. Focusing on things we don’t have will eventually lead to despair or even worse - depression - hence an fulfilling or unhappy existence. This causes us to forget what’s most important—and that’s what’s happening right now.

It's easy for us to forget the whole point of happiness, and that’s peace of mind, acceptance, and mindfulness. Essentially, it’s being happy no matter where you are in the world, or what you’re doing, or whom you’re with. Being mindful of the now experience quiets the mind and brings us a sense of peace that no other quest for a “spiritual experience” could ever bring.

My suggestion to you is - tune your radio to your life. Happiness is a state of mind - not a location. All you really have is right now. Forget about the past. Don’t worry about the future. Take each day as it comes, and most of all, stop thinking that the grass is greener, because it never really is.

This guy knows what living in the now is all about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBZQ1G5RBA4

Good luck to you

A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has not overcome them.

-- Carl Jung
Old 04-10-2014, 08:13 AM
Master

Re Service:

My suggestion was/is to engage in Service as this would give your life purpose & meaning, and lead you to a sense of spiritual fulfillment, which I perceive is the piece you are missing in your life.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com