Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 01-02-2014, 11:51 PM
creXifiction

Symbols have Come and Gone and changed through history.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by creXifiction
Symbols have Come and Gone and changed through history.

Yes, but we of this era understand most of the same ones.
Old 02-02-2014, 05:49 AM
Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by MermaidDreamer
Can being drawn to certain symbols be indicative of a past life? Personally, I see Celtic symbols and they feel very familiar to me. Especially any time I run into a Triquetra.

It's more to do with your own inclinations. We all develop "biases" based on how we were raised, stories we are told, things we study, even what we choose to like. Personally I love Egyptian symbolism, but this doesn't mean I was somehow in Ancient Egypt. No, I was raise Jewish and when I became interested in magick I remembered the stories of the Egyptians I had learned, plus Hermeticism turned it on even more and here I am!
Old 02-02-2014, 04:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adept
It's more to do with your own inclinations. We all develop "biases" based on how we were raised, stories we are told, things we study, even what we choose to like. Personally I love Egyptian symbolism, but this doesn't mean I was somehow in Ancient Egypt. No, I was raise Jewish and when I became interested in magick I remembered the stories of the Egyptians I had learned, plus Hermeticism turned it on even more and here I am!

I disagree, Adept. I saw a House Hunters International about a couple buying a summer cottage in Greece. They showed the little cottage and I became emotional to tears. It felt like a house I lost, longed for--had built and could only get back to for a short time in winter. I couldn't understand it because I've never been to Greece, have no heritage there, hadn't really thought about going before. This was not part of my upbringing, stories I was told. I felt I was a shepherd, had to take the sheep far away all year in order to find grazing land. I only came home in winter and longed for my little house so much. I was a middle-aged male and never married. This is not at all like the life I lead--or anything I've been told or read.

Likewise, when I saw the Mongolian Steppes in a travelog kind of show, I felt this strong connection, remembered this pink-cheeked Tibetan-looking face of a woman (whom I'd not met). I became obsessed with the place. I read everything I could including stuff about Ghenghis Kahn. He certainly had not been of interest to me before.

So, no, these are not things that I remember from my childhood or was told about by my granny. These have nothing to do with my current life.

Of course, if you haven't experienced it I can see how you might not believe. Your choice.

Lora
Old 02-02-2014, 07:09 PM
Adept

I have experienced it, I hate when people make that assumption. A lot of times when something draws us in like that there is really no immediate answers. We could like the landscape, colors, ideas, a lot of symbolism is subconscious. You might be interested in looking into Jungian psychology, though we definitely a more realistic reformation of it. Greece is beautiful, and Ghengis Khan was powerful. Makes me think of Adrian Veidt in Watchmen, he wasn't Egyptian in a past life he simply was drawn to the power of Rameses II, the ability he had to rule a massive kingdom fed Adrian's own megalomaniac nature.

Not to mention the archetypes appear in every culture in different forms.

Finally, I remember being overwhelmed when I held actual scarabs with the name of Tutankhamen on them in a class I once had. It's just what I'm drawn to, like Greece for you.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:33 PM
Carwen*Angel

I have always been drawn to numerous Ancient Egyptian symbols, and while I have no recall of a past life in Ancient Egypt, I have recall of an Atlantean past life, and have been told before that some Atlanteans fled to Ancient Egypt.

I have also always been drawn to stars and am not 100% sure what that means though have been told my soul is of Sirian origin.

I too am interested in Celtic, Gaelic and Old English symbolism, art and lettering and I have recall of at least 2 separate lives in Scotland in the Dark Ages.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adept
I have experienced it, I hate when people make that assumption. A lot of times when something draws us in like that there is really no immediate answers. We could like the landscape, colors, ideas, a lot of symbolism is subconscious. You might be interested in looking into Jungian psychology, though we definitely a more realistic reformation of it. Greece is beautiful, and Ghengis Khan was powerful. Makes me think of Adrian Veidt in Watchmen, he wasn't Egyptian in a past life he simply was drawn to the power of Rameses II, the ability he had to rule a massive kingdom fed Adrian's own megalomaniac nature.

Not to mention the archetypes appear in every culture in different forms.

Finally, I remember being overwhelmed when I held actual scarabs with the name of Tutankhamen on them in a class I once had. It's just what I'm drawn to, like Greece for you.

Adept--

I just assumed that since you didn't give the idea credence, you hadn't experienced it. Since you say you have, and still seek lots of other things to attribute it to says that you have decided it is not possible. It's like those who always assume when someone photographs an orb, that it's simply a photographic anomaly.

For me, I know it wasn't "just what I'm drawn to". The sudden emotion of it is different from anything else. I know that it's roots are not here in this life.

It's not that I don't feel there are things I am drawn to, but those are more like preferences than anything more.

We each have our own experiences. Whatever our beliefs, we are right. (i.e. become self-fulfilling since we seek out things to verify the theory, people who agree, thereby stengthening that belief.)

It's all good. We all get to where we are going.

Lora
Old 02-02-2014, 09:18 PM
Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carwen*Angel
I have always been drawn to numerous Ancient Egyptian symbols, and while I have no recall of a past life in Ancient Egypt, I have recall of an Atlantean past life, and have been told before that some Atlanteans fled to Ancient Egypt.

I have also always been drawn to stars and am not 100% sure what that means though have been told my soul is of Sirian origin.

I too am interested in Celtic, Gaelic and Old English symbolism, art and lettering and I have recall of at least 2 separate lives in Scotland in the Dark Ages.

I assume you mean Thera? So you feel Minoin? That's awesome actually.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:19 PM
Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Adept--

I just assumed that since you didn't give the idea credence, you hadn't experienced it. Since you say you have, and still seek lots of other things to attribute it to says that you have decided it is not possible. It's like those who always assume when someone photographs an orb, that it's simply a photographic anomaly.

For me, I know it wasn't "just what I'm drawn to". The sudden emotion of it is different from anything else. I know that it's roots are not here in this life.

It's not that I don't feel there are things I am drawn to, but those are more like preferences than anything more.

We each have our own experiences. Whatever our beliefs, we are right. (i.e. become self-fulfilling since we seek out things to verify the theory, people who agree, thereby stengthening that belief.)

It's all good. We all get to where we are going.

Lora

Eh, I've never minded beliefs that don't interfere with the will if others. I'm just here to kind of try and help people understand how these things actually work so they can become better tools. But if you're satisfied where you are I don't see why it should concern me :)
Old 03-02-2014, 04:18 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
MermaidD--

Do you mean getting a special feeling regarding spiritual gift types, like energy work or psychometry or something? I personally haven't felt that.

I do feel more attracted to some things than others--like to divining rods and not channeling, but for me I don't get those strong emotional pulls as much.

And from what I can tell of other people who have inherited gifts like mediumship from family, it's pretty much there early on and either assume it's normal or just them.

I wonder what others feel about this. For me it's a different kind of thing.

Lora

Like, I feel if my great-grandfather were in fact from Celtic ancestry, then my gifts may have come from there.

But, they could have also come from my grandmother's side, as that whole side is gifted. From seeing the spirits of both animals and people, to dreaming, to being able to actually perform spells (her sister dabbled in wicca, I believe.) to her grandmother being a "fortune teller".