Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 03-07-2012, 12:04 PM
Seeker

Original Karma?

Hi!

This is a question to everyone adhering to a belief in past-lives and karma. If I understand it correctly, the circumstances of our current life are somewhat determined by our previous lives, where we accumulated karma. But a question arises - how far back can you go - when did you FIRST start to accumulate karma? What was our "original sin" and what caused us to act on it?
Old 03-07-2012, 04:37 PM
JTGAPNewbie

We're here to learn so I would assume our original sin was lack of personal experience!
Old 04-07-2012, 02:23 AM
Midnite

The original "sin" (if you want to call it that) was the first point of individualisation from God - individualising into the Manifested Creation. It's not really a sin, however many have an inherent feeling of guilt that they seek to fill up throughout their lives as a result of this.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:33 AM
Sybilline

I think the Original Sin pretty much came to be almost at the same time as everything else. "Bad" was the only way for "Good" to exist, so it just had to be.
Old 18-07-2012, 07:45 AM
res

Karma is just another persons idea to give divine meaning to life. My question would be is it the truth before delving in to questions that can not be answered. I think a 2 yr old sub atomic particle had a tantrum and smacked another sub atomic particle and the rest is history... or something like that
Old 18-07-2012, 05:37 PM
Knower

For me karma is merely a lesson plan that is chosen for each life experience. I either complete the lesson in all or in part or perhaps miss the proverbial boat altogether. I would imagine the results are different for each time.

"Sin" is a human made term.

Love, hugs, hope and blessings.
Old 18-07-2012, 06:45 PM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchfork
This is a question to everyone adhering to a belief in past-lives and karma. If I understand it correctly, the circumstances of our current life are somewhat determined by our previous lives, where we accumulated karma. But a question arises - how far back can you go - when did you FIRST start to accumulate karma? What was our "original sin" and what caused us to act on it?

It is true that the circumstances of our current life are somewhat determited by our previous lives but it has nothing to do with Kharma because we do not carry Kharma from one life to another. Kharma is an energy flow designed to keep you on your chosen path in your current life if you choose so. And about sin; when you feel you sin is because you judge yourself and if you just choose not to it will not exist. So in my world sin is gibberish.
Old 18-07-2012, 07:23 PM
Ascender

Karma is cause and effect. What you do and what it causes. And then what you do in response and then what it causes. Again and again. There is no real original sin. That is a manmade concept.
Old 18-07-2012, 07:30 PM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamode
Karma is cause and effect.

With this I have to disagree because it simply is two different parts of the energy flow around Earth. Sometimes they interact other times they do not.
Old 19-07-2012, 07:03 AM
Nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchfork
Hi!

Jeewee... which one?
There are more than one.
It goes back thousands or more years back.
From the very beginning when my soul became an energy form, it started accumulating karma. - Especially when it was a young soul, it did not know what the F#$K it was doing and made all kinds of karmic connections, debts, agreement, and you name it.

It is really paying for those karmas now.
Wait, that is not true. Because I am paying for those karmas now.
Soul pays nothing but just learning from those mistakes. - while I suffer through them ALL.

Forget about the Original Sin. It does NOT exist in the spiritual world. Sin, itself, is a judgemental confinement created by men.
Sin does not always mean that it is ethically or morally wrong. Sin relates to certain religions.