Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 09-10-2011, 11:46 PM
Master
I prefer not to be I AM, but rather...

....be conscious of I AM. If there is in fact any difference.

I find that there actually may be a difference between being I AM, and being conscious of I AM.

I think that people who believe in God eventually come to be conscious of I AM, while people who practice self consciousness come to be I AM.

I don't particularly want to end up being self conscious. I'd rather be conscious of self consciousness instead.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:54 PM
Master
Why would you want to know of it but not know it? It would seem to imply that you want to be separate?
Old 10-10-2011, 12:02 AM
mattie

Several Steps

You seem to have a need to keep your self at arms distance. As if there is some problem w/ being fully self aware. This may be stemming from taking careful deliberate steps w/ perhaps an overabundance of caution or the erroneous view that ego (self) is egotistical. We can have hesitation to take some steps when we aren’t sure if we can handle it. KNOW you can.

Some of the same writers who have promoted love for everything have oddly not seen that this includes our self, seeing our individuality as an impediment, rather than a valuable learning experience we've actively chosen. It’s not an impediment. This is exacerbated by the view that moving into higher dimensional awareness, or enlightenment is accomplished by dissolving our individuality. We don’t leave this D as much as expand from it to encompass other dimensional perspectives. Our self being disdained is likely a hold over from organized religion’s view of us as inherently flawed, w/ our being vastly inferior to our heavenly superiors. We aren’t flawed or inferior. Our self/individuality/ego isn’t an impediment to higher dimensional awareness.

I see the being conscious of I AM as a preliminary step to BEing I AM. These are natural steps. For instance, we become initially aware that moving past fear is a good idea, adopting it as a belief. Integrating this belief into our psyche is a second step.

We should all use whatever POVs about these issues that we prefer & which work for us at the present.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
I see the being conscious of I AM as a preliminary step to Being I AM.

That may be only as far as I have got so far.

I see it this way: I am conscious of the world, but as yet I am not conscious that I Am the world.

I am conscious of God, but as yet I am not conscious that I Am God.

I was being cautious. I was deliberately taking one small step at a time.

I like being conscious OF things. I'm not sure I like being those things themselves.

I need time to consider my situation.

Old 10-10-2011, 12:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
Why would you want to know of it but not know it? It would seem to imply that you want to be separate?

That is a good question. Do I want to be conscious OF Auschwitz or do I want to BE Auschwitz?

I have a natural tendency to try and keep some things at arms length.

Old 10-10-2011, 12:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
That is a good question. Do I want to be conscious OF Auschwitz or do I want to BE Auschwitz?

I have a natural tendency to try and keep some things at arms length.

I guess it's only human nature to question what is in front of us. Otherwise we would jump at everything.

That is where experience comes into play. The experience will help us to decide for ourselves what may or may not be true.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:48 AM
mattie

Take The Time You Need

Quote:
That may be only as far as I have got so far.

I see it this way: I am conscious of the world, but as yet I am not conscious that I Am the world.

I am conscious of God, but as yet I am not conscious that I Am God.

I was being cautious. I was deliberately taking one small step at a time.

I like being conscious OF things. I'm not sure I like being those things themselves.

I need time to consider my situation.

It is OK if this is where you are right now. You’ll move into the other positions naturally as you get comfortable w/ it. Is there something specific that gives you pause about taking this step? What do you not like about BEing those things? Is it that you feel you will lose who you are & this is a bit disconcerting? That you’re not sure who this expanded consciousness will be. Have no fear about this. It is a change, but it’s really more in the nature of an expansion, not losing anything. It’s more like adding layers to enrich our experience. Like icing a cake. One doesn’t lose the cake, but adds some delicious topping.

There are things of enormous value to be learned in all Ds, including the much maligned 3D. We are here to explore this D as a learning experience we can’t have in the higher Ds.

Honor your own wisdom to take the time you need to savor & process these stages. After all, we have all of eternity to do so & this is a VERY long time!!! LOL. The less pressure we put on self to accomplish these, the more progress we make. While we move into planetary, galactic, & Universal awarenesses, this is the broadest summary of these stages, w/ countless little ones in between these. For instance, part of this Oneness is first connecting w/ our own energies. This is first our inner core energies which expands to HS. From there we appreciate that we are an extended energy field of many aspects of which we are one. We then have progressive expansion about our own energies that culminates in all the aspects reuniting in 7D (1-12D) before we ever get to the level where we move into being planetary energies (9D). These aren’t jumps that are radical or made before we are completely ready to do so. They are an entirely natural process that we will be eager to take.

Often when we get into the real work of expanding our consciousness, moving past the blissed-out master of the Universe newbie stage we have doubts that arise. This is OK & expected. These doubts are in the nature of, I believe these things, but can I really rise to the occasion, or am I really the pathetic flawed incapable human that religion has told me I am. Suzan Carroll writes frankly about having her own doubts that arise, even as she has done very substantial expansion. You can appreciate these doubts, seeing them as markers of real progress, KNOWing that you will move past them just like many others have had these exact same doubts. These doubts are genuine progress as when one is in the master of the Universe blissed-out newbie stage they don’t occur!

That we are an integrated Universe w/ the energies we call God manifesting in all things, animate & inanimate doesn’t mean that we are the same dimensional level as what we call God as far as how I interpret this. Even when we reach the much discussed 5D (1-12D) level of awareness, we are still less than halfway to the 12D level of uniting w/ the Universal energies.

Often the phrase, I AM God is shorthand for the longer explanation that this represents dispensing w/ the image of God being an individual parental deity micromanaging our lives w/ treats (if we are good) & punishments (if we are ~~bad~~); that what we call God is the wonder of the Universe as an integrated organism; that we & everything are on a dimensional journey of exploring the nuances of the Universe; that we will continually expand, encompassing progressively larger perspectives until we reunite w/ the Universe.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:58 AM
mattie

Self Awareness

Quote:
... I have a natural tendency to try and keep some things at arms length.

It can be useful self awareness to observe when this is productive & where it isn’t. Sometimes is is an invaluable observer skill while other times it can be clever avoidance & even fear.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:58 AM
Master
It is quite funny really. Being conscious of I AM lets me see things about it which it often is not aware of itself.

I AM does some very strange things thing it ASSUMES is alright because it ASSUMES it is perfect!

If I was to accept I AM, then I would be accepting that I AM perfect. AM I perfect? Or can I make mistakes?

I have seen with my own two eyes some people who believe that they are perfect do some very strange and even violent things.

I don't want that to happen to me. I don't want to say I AM perfect and then punch someone on the nose. I see things like this happening all the time!!! It is a worry.

Old 10-10-2011, 01:05 AM
Master
You are what you are, no matter what you believe, just give up all this trying to believe in something and just be, then enjoy life for what it is.