Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 05-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Suspended
Hiya Top and all

I'll take the light-hearted humour...but that's probably no surprise to you.

Anyone that smells slightly guru'ish and I'm legging it the other way.

Squatch
Old 05-08-2011, 05:13 PM
Docha

I strongly got he from rikki's posts as well. Lol There is something a little endearing about his enthusiasm.

I would say as a female I can get quite combative as well. I find I offend the religious drawn people quite easily if I am not carefull. I never intend to I just don't believe in blind fath. Man is not infalliable. I am also a rebel at heart.

Most of the time thanking those who wish tosave your soul is the best approach. They can't argue a thank you, and it pretty much ends a disscusion. The truth is they are looking for validation of their beliefs from outside sources. If everyone believes, then it must be true. True faith allows for differences and acceptance.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Seperate_Reality

I could care less about an approach, as long as two way communication has been established. I prefer to get through the accumulated false-information the individual (often times) throws out and try to find out what he or she has Realized for themselves, which is commonly, not that much. We can each be taught and agree, that a tree is a tree without any personal realization. A tree is agreed upon to be a tree. Spirituality is quite different. Someone needs to Realize spiritual truths for themselves and can easily agree with other individuals who have realized the same truths.

Logic is the same as "reason". How does your ability to reason, go wrong? Why aren't people more reasonable?

Someone accepts illogical data or false-information, partial-truths, half-truths, then they try to reason with that illogical data. The answer is almost guaranteed to be illogical, isn't it.

It is not going to make sense to someone that knows. It usually doesn't make sense even to the person either, and they become confused. They can't think with the false information they accepted.

Why finding, learning, understanding, realizing Exact and Correct spiritual truths is important...Otherwise someone will "argue" and most times fall flat on their face. It's more rational to simply say, I do not know, and with that realization, someone can now find, learn, understand, and "realize" exact and correct spiritual truths.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
I must confess, I did have an ulterior motive with posting this question. Before your joining, we had a zealous guest coming with a mission to enlighten all of us. (see the Enlightenment thread). I was asking the question to see what character people would prefer to be approached with to see if that lined up with the character of this person's interaction.

I have a different question:

What would you prefer to how you responded to the zealous guest rather than the way you did, if you did?

He was a young man in the throes of excessive and somewhat arrogant excitement about a new discovery of his true nature, part of his awakening that he (as many do) took to be all of it. Some people jumped on him with both feet rather than openly hearing and supporting him, and drove him out of the communication and the forum too it seems. Now judgments about him and how he went about communicating are lingering here even though he left.

My question is: How would you like, not to be approached, but to approach someone with a sense of authenticity in their spiritual expression?

Xan

Old 06-08-2011, 03:32 AM
Topology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
I have a different question:

What would you prefer to how you responded to the zealous guest rather than the way you did, if you did?

In order to put "my self" in our "zealous guest's" shoes, there would need to be something of me preserved, meaning these intents would need to be preserved:
1) The intent to find more refined and faithful expressions of truth.
2) The intent to find a common ground between all women and men, and commune through that common ground.
3) The desire to express more through my heart and less through my mind.
4) The intent to facilitate integration within others and oneself.

If I was expressing myself in the way that our ZG was expressing himself then I would want to be confronted about my approach if people felt that my approach was not fully manifesting my intent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
He was a young man in the throes of excessive and somewhat arrogant excitement about a new discovery of his true nature, part of his awakening that he (as many do) took to be all of it. Some people jumped on him with both feet rather than openly hearing and supporting him, and drove him out of the communication and the forum too it seems. Now judgments about him and how he went about communicating are lingering here even though he left.

If you go check the Enlightenment thread, our ZG has returned and he has not been driven anywhere. I am aware of talking about the subject past its relevance. There was a purpose in the communication, bringing Docha up to speed on a recent event and the context of starting this thread. She had expressed confusion on my asking the question. I clarified. Now I get to be confronted about my approach to our ZG and the circle of life is complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
My question is: How would you like, not to be approached, but to approach someone with a sense of authenticity in their spiritual expression?

Xan

I expect confrontation when I'm being an ***. Confrontation is not attack. Effective confrontation does not drive away. I have PMed our ZG and have had some discourse off the thread in question where appearances in position have to be maintained to preserve pride.

As always, your confrontation is welcome, Xan.

And vice versa. I will confront, in as gentle manner as I am capable of, anyone that I feel that can benefit from being confronted.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:45 AM
3dnow

Quote:
If someone were to come to you and want to engage you on the subject of spirituality, they have passion and authenticity and a few insights they want to share, how would you prefer to be approached? Should they come as a teacher, a mentor, a peer, a student, a friend, a human, a spirit, a burning bush, a psychic presence, a blinking light, wrapped in mystery, wrapped in light-hearted humor, as serious as a heart attack, a thief in the night, a zen master, a guru?

How do you prefer to be approached?

As a friend of course.

3dnow
Old 06-08-2011, 06:02 PM
Master
Quote:
And vice versa. I will confront, in as gentle manner as I am capable of, anyone that I feel that can benefit from being confronted.

Yes, sure. This is one of the benefits of this forum... that we may challenge each other, hopefully without personal animosity, and grow from it.

Xan