Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 05-05-2020, 08:52 PM
Master
Please know the true definition of a word before you think it it is true....

....Otherwise you will remain ignorant of the universal truth.

As Greenslade said in the The nature of The Ego thread "People do become unwitting victims of their own definitions." Please do not become an unwitting victim of your own definitions.
Old 06-05-2020, 04:38 PM
MAYA EL

People will always create a definition that best fits there desired outlook
Old 06-05-2020, 09:41 PM
Administrator
I would have to agree with that

Namaste
Old 06-05-2020, 09:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I would have to agree with that

Namaste
So many (spiritual) people invert the meaning of objective to mean subjective. That is the reason why I created this thread.
Old 06-05-2020, 11:32 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
So many (spiritual) people invert the meaning of objective to mean subjective. That is the reason why I created this thread.
Doesn't the meaning of words reflect an agreement between speakers? A meaning that changes over time. Don't dictionaries give us the approximate current understanding of a word that the writers believe is the most ubiquitous? Do dictionaries not add, subtract, and adjust the meaning of words based on the current common usage?

What is your understanding of the definitions of objective and subjective?

What is truly objective?

What is this ultimate truth?
Old 06-05-2020, 11:48 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Doesn't the meaning of words reflect an agreement between speakers? A meaning that changes over time. Don't dictionaries give us the approximate current understanding of a word that the writers believe is the most ubiquitous? Do dictionaries not add, subtract, and adjust the meaning of words based on the current common usage?

What is truly objective?

“Science advances one funeral at a time.” ~ Max Planck

LOL!
Old 07-05-2020, 12:05 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy

LOL!
Good quote, and very true, except in the middle ages when the church was burning the scientists who dared to question their absolute and universal truths. That tended to slow the advance of science. Once an absolute or universal truth has been declared, everything that disagrees with it gets railed against as lies and deception. Then again, I suppose the holders of absolute truth eventually die as well, so sooner or later the advance goes on. Advance or maybe just expansion, depends on whether one believes there is a preferred direction or not.
Old 07-05-2020, 12:16 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy

LOL!
This paraphrase fits science's handle on this pandemic.

Closer to the original is:
Quote:
Die Wahrheit triumphiert nie, ihre Gegner sterben nur aus.
Truth never triumphs—its opponents just die out.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 07-05-2020, 12:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer

What is truly objective?

If the meaning of words reflect an agreement between speakers that is subjective because the same word can mean different things to one or more of the other speaker(s). A lot of times, people do not tell people how they use a word, in a discussion, they rely on people to make assumptions or presumptions about what and how they mean.

The current dictionary's definition for objective is NOT based on or influenced by personal feelings, beliefs, biases, tastes, or opinions
The current dictionary's definition for subjective IS based on or influenced by personal feelings, beliefs, biases, tastes, or opinions.
The current dictionary's definition for illusion is to deceive. In the spiritual context it is to decieve to create illusions and ignorance by spreading/promoting false beliefs and false mental and emotional conditioning.
To see how and why definitions of words are added to a dictionary see: https://www.merriam-webster.com/help...nto-dictionary

It is possible that the inversion of the meaning of objective to mean subjective was done on purpose for us to learn from, and for us to think ah-ha, when we do see the objective truth of the inversion of objective.

I came to the above realization after I read the objective truth in the article, I linked to in my signature.

I learned from the article that I linked to in my signature that the truth is: objective truth/reality is all there is. Objective truth can never be untrue at any time, place, or circumstance. Objective truth/reality transcends, time, space, and causation. Time and space create divisions. Since objective truth/reality transcends time and space, objective truth/reality has no limits or boundaries. Objective truth/reality is infinite, eternal, and indivisible, and all-pervading. Subjectivity is in time and space (mostly in the past), and has limits or boundaries.
Old 07-05-2020, 02:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
If the meaning of words reflect an agreement between speakers that is subjective because the same word can mean different things to one or more of the other speaker(s). A lot of times, people do not tell people how they use a word, in a discussion, they rely on people to make assumptions or presumptions about what and how they mean.

The current dictionary's definition for objective is NOT based on or influenced by personal feelings, beliefs, biases, tastes, or opinions
The current dictionary's definition for subjective IS based on or influenced by personal feelings, beliefs, biases, tastes, or opinions.
The current dictionary's definition for illusion is to deceive. In the spiritual context it is to decieve to create illusions and ignorance by spreading/promoting false beliefs and false mental and emotional conditioning.
To see how and why definitions of words are added to a dictionary see: https://www.merriam-webster.com/help...nto-dictionary

It is possible that the inversion of the meaning of objective to mean subjective was done on purpose for us to learn from, and for us to think ah-ha, when we do see the objective truth of the inversion of objective.

I came to the above realization after I read the objective truth in the article, I linked to in my signature.

I learned from the article that I linked to in my signature that the truth is: objective truth/reality is all there is. Objective truth can never be untrue at any time, place, or circumstance. Objective truth/reality transcends, time, space, and causation. Time and space create divisions. Since objective truth/reality transcends time and space, objective truth/reality has no limits or boundaries. Objective truth/reality is infinite, eternal, and indivisible, and all-pervading. Subjectivity is in time and space (mostly in the past), and has limits or boundaries.
In addition to what I said above, redefining the definition of objective to the definition of subjective, places limits on something that has no limits, is a false subjective thing to do. What is false, obviously is not truth.