Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 13-10-2013, 08:21 PM
CTM

Are these thoughts my own?

Throughout the day my mind is racing. Thoughts about mostly daily things. Once every while I get a thought that is so random and unrelated I think "Is this my own mind?"

The other night I was lying in bed and started pondering about life and spirituality and whatnot. I then had a kind of "aha!" Moment and this really profound and deep thought passed through my mind. It felt as if I was an antennae and picking up the thought "broadcast" rather than making it up myself. I can't remember for the life of me what the message was but I asked if it was someone communicating with me and I received a voice (neither male nor female, it was really strange) that stated the name Scott.

Was this my own mind or is there any way to possibly test this again?
Old 13-10-2013, 08:30 PM
Master

My guess is you achieved a moment of your guide, who then gave you his name. This is the most likely but not the only option; depending on your mediumistic talent it could also be another spirit.
Old 14-10-2013, 07:12 AM
Master
In my current understanding of Buddhism , by being awake to aware perhaps you will realize that there is nothing out there except YOU - the Buddha / the nothingness and YOURSELF - all emotions that cause your existence ..........so in my current opinion , is always yourself . Your thought / minds is reflection of all your emotions and is always you in your confusion of yourself , off your knowledge .........
Old 14-10-2013, 07:59 AM
Master

I get a lot of thoughts, many of which I don't know where they came from.

The thing I find to do that works for me is to sit with them and see if they resonate. Some emerge into something else and some just go the way of the garbage.

The other thing that is important, check the source, make sure that your thoughts come from the light, from the highest available position.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:56 AM
shone

Getting some thoughts is another way where spirits can communicate with you however, it depends to the kind of thoughts you usually get. The Scot name can not just come from no where, there must be a reason why it appeared but using meditation, or if you can get someone who can summon the spirits, you can really understand what that name stands for.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:59 PM
Master

The unconscious mind is having millions of thoughts per second, and we're completely unaware of them. (the conscious mind can only handle a few per second) Sometimes they surface to our conscious mind though, and it's like 'where did that come from?' I would say the unconscious mind knows quite a bit more than the conscious mind, so it can tell us things sometimes that we're not aware of if we can quiet ourselves enough to hear.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Deactivated Account
In my experience I'm not my thoughts. Thoughts can come from anywhere and anything. They could know things that I can't know. They can worry about things I'm not worried about. I'm not my thoughts. I use them when its helpful for me to do so. I'm surely influenced by them. I am related to them. But all in all I pay attention to them only if I want to. I don't fight with them. They will fight back. They arise and go. I let them. I'm not at war with them. My mind this way is peaceful. They can be as disturbing as they will be but unless I let them get to me they can't stick.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 19-11-2013, 04:48 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTM
Throughout the day my mind is racing. Thoughts about mostly daily things. Once every while I get a thought that is so random and unrelated I think "Is this my own mind?"

The other night I was lying in bed and started pondering about life and spirituality and whatnot. I then had a kind of "aha!" Moment and this really profound and deep thought passed through my mind. It felt as if I was an antennae and picking up the thought "broadcast" rather than making it up myself. I can't remember for the life of me what the message was but I asked if it was someone communicating with me and I received a voice (neither male nor female, it was really strange) that stated the name Scott.

Was this my own mind or is there any way to possibly test this again?

Nite time is a very good time. It is the time people wind down and the body relaxes. Do you know how people process information and do people recognize new thoughts. Think about it. People have thousands of thoughts every day, 60-70 thousands I'm told. Of these 98% of all thoughts are the same ones you had the day before. The same experience. But the mind can process much more information then that when it is not occupied. The mind both sends and receives. Here I think you merely want to see how the mind determines it is full.