Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 16-05-2013, 04:13 PM
Master

Confronting getting older - for women

I've got to admit it, my periods are really changing and seem to last for 2 days - really heavy and then just spotting.

I find it somewhat scary, I know I'm standing at the door of a new chapter for my life and my body - how long it will take to go through that door is anyone's guess.

But, I wondered if anyone had any good tips for the onslaught of menopause / perimenopause and the wonderful fun I have ahead of me.
Old 16-05-2013, 05:14 PM
Well, in summer when it's in the 90s and u begin your hotflashes
so now u are going to pass out...that may be the time u get yourself
some Bio-identicals, hormones, HRT.
Look that up...I did it for years..somehow by passes the liver, much safer, bla bla.

Take a bone density test now to get a baseline so to compare in a few years.
Take extra care now of your gums, flossing, and teeth.

(Some lucky people don't get hotflashes, but not many.)
Good luck...there are other products if certain areas get dry and the lining thins.
Also, if the libido lessens.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-05-2013, 06:14 PM
Lanzalady

Hot flushes - oh yes, I'm getting plenty of those...!

Luckily, my periods only come once every 6-8 months, so that is good.

What the worst part for me is, is the wild emotions. I'm near to tears one minute and ready to tear someone's head off the next. I know my friends and colleagues have struggled with my irritability but, mostly, they've just looked at each other and mouthed 'menopause'.

My friend sends me supplements as they're really expensive out here. I can't remember what they're called but I'll post when I get home. They've been brilliant though and they've helped with my emotions and, to a lesser degree, my hot flushes. Having said that, my flushes have reduced to 50% easily.

Hypnosis, and my pathetic attempts at meditation, have also helped.

I feel for you Belle!

LL

Edited 23.23pm 16.5.13. Those supplements are "soya isoflavones" and "evening primrose + starflower oil".

Last edited by Lanzalady : 16-05-2013 at 10:25 PM.
Old 16-05-2013, 06:28 PM
Master

I think half of it is just knowing what's going on.

And.... been there, done that! Woohoo! Menopausal.
Old 16-05-2013, 06:37 PM
sesheta

Lololol...love this thread!!

Yeah, my periods are waning off, too....it's about time - YAY!!

As for hot flashes - I am always cold, so I would probably celebrate getting hot flashes, lol!

I've already been on extra estrogen for a while now (going through cancer treatments back in 2000 wreaked some havoc there...) and I take 5-HTP (which is basically an herbal anti-depressant) and it has worked wonders keeping my moods balanced out!!

Otherwise - physically - I'm in better shape now than I was when I was in my twenties, so I'm going strong - besides, I'm immortal - I refuse to die
Old 16-05-2013, 08:35 PM
Master

Fun! I really miss the girlie chatter. Somehow menopause seems to be a taboo and evoke sympathy, not a barrage of mirth.

sesheta like you as a cold person, I've been longing for the hot-flushes as I figured I could do away with my hot water bottle at night. But I bet it doesn't work like that.

5-HTP isn't doing the job for me and my moods.

Bone density is a good idea, I'm getting into exercise for that very reason.

Libido, please say that increases in many cases!

I've never been great at flossing, it's so DULL.

What are bio-identicals?
Old 16-05-2013, 10:30 PM
Lanzalady

Hot flushes: you're fine one minute and suddenly it's like you're a furnace from within. Sweaty, clammy and it kind of feels like there's no air. You also go quite a deep shade of red, from the chest up.

It's not the same as being toasty warm...it's more like being cooked for a couple of minutes on a high heat. Haha.

LL
Old 16-05-2013, 11:32 PM
Super Moderator
When I went through the menopause my hot flushes became a language. The first one was great because it was a cold day lol!...then after that I found I got them whenever I was doing something that didn't suit me (working late, or during the evening when I really didn't feel like it...drinking too much coffee...having a cigarette....etc)
It took me some time to get used to this language, but it was very strict. It started to tell me things which were ok and things not ok for me.

Anyway, I could lessen the hot flushes if I stuck to being told what to do by my body. Interesting.

Now 10 years after the menopause is the best ever....no periods, no pain, no hot flushes, just me -being me like I was when I was 10. Messing about in the woods and fixing stuff. There is a lot to look forward to.

Eat really healthy food, and get plenty of sleep and exercise outside.

Two things can help with any problems in menopause: St John's Wort, and tincture of Agnus Castus.
Old 17-05-2013, 04:34 AM
Master

Smile

[quote=Tobi]
Now 10 years after the menopause is the best ever....no periods, no pain, no hot flushes, just me -being me like I was when I was 10. Messing about in the woods and fixing stuff. There is a lot to look forward to.

Yay........isn't it great

My only bit of advice would be to try to keep a sense of humour.

Jenny Crow
Old 17-05-2013, 06:32 AM
primrose

I hav'nt experienced any hot flashes or really any signs at all, everything is the same as always in every area of my life. The only thing I can attribute it to is I've been a vegetarian for over 20 years, I don't know what else it could be. Also I think it could be a state of mind, what you expect is what you get.