Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 22-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Experiencer
Bad reaction to chamomile and lavender tea...?

Hi,

So last night I steeped some dry chamomile and lavender herb together to make a nice relaxation tea. It was the first time I e ever do e this with these herbs. After an hour upon drinking I laid down for bed but I couldn't sleep. I felt very strange and couldn't get out of my own head. Then my body started aching horrifically whenever I would move. It was severe pain in the muscle and bone of the area I was moving. I als was FREEZING I'm talking internal shaking I was so cold, but it was only when I moved as well. The last time I looked at the clock was 7am when my boyfriends alarm went off. I was finally able to sleep from 7-10am. Anyone know why this could've happened? It seems to happen when I use any relaxation herb in a tea. When I brewed life everlasting flowers AKA cudweed, I couldn't sleep either wide awake and felt like I had no control over my body or mind. With the cudweed I didn't have the physical pain or coldness, it was more of an affect over my mind....

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions?
Old 22-04-2013, 09:06 PM
Mr.Whitmore

I drink it every now and again...and love it.

I'm a walking advertisement for the product!

j/k

I've never had a problem with it.
Old 22-04-2013, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator
I honestly don't know about such severe reactions to camomile and lavender as they are such very mild herbs.
But if ever I can't sleep and feel strung-out for some unfathomable reason, and it gets past 3 o' clock, I get up and have a black coffee! Lo and behold, I relax nicely afterwards and fall asleep soundly. (weird -yes, I know) Oddly enough relaxing herbs won't help, but coffee will.
Old 23-05-2013, 09:37 PM
dreamt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie<3
Anyone know why this could've happened? It seems to happen when I use any relaxation herb in a tea. When I brewed life everlasting flowers AKA cudweed, I couldn't sleep either wide awake and felt like I had no control over my body or mind. With the cudweed I didn't have the physical pain or coldness, it was more of an affect over my mind....

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions?
I would look first to where the herbs are sourced. If they are non-organic for example there can be a risk of contamination from the use of pesticides, herbicides, GMOs.
Old 23-05-2013, 10:01 PM
Master
Dumb question--but did you actually eat the herbs, not just steep them?

L
Old 24-05-2013, 03:43 PM
Experiencer
No I strained off the herbs and drank the tea. There might of been a few that got thru but nothing significant
Old 24-05-2013, 04:33 PM
Master
IDK, Kylie. You seem to be very susceptible to herbs. I know people who are super-reactive to pills/medicine they take and they have to scale back the dosage to 1/2.

The only reason I could think that you are so susceptible to plant herbs (which have been healing herbs forever) is that there is a great need for the healing --so much so that you are thrown into a illness state. I know that might sound counter-intuitive, but I have had the experience myself of taking spirulina and it brought out an underlying illness (flu kind of thing--that I passed onto my brother and his family).

For me, I would have a lot of things that my immune system controlled just enough to keep them from erupting, but not enough to get rid of them.

Another example: I ran my first 10K and the strep I had been exposed to came out by the end of the race. My husband at the time had come home with some virus from work. So, when we got our labs, I had huge amounts of strep and responded well to the antibiotics. My husband had low strep and didn't respond to the antibiotics because he was mostly weakened by the virus.

It had been 3 weeks since my son had had strep outbreak in his preschool--and I had carried it all that time.

Long story to make a point: Perhaps you have underlying weakened areas. You might try lower dosage or other things to strengthen. [I can't think what, offhand. ]

Just an idea.

Lora
Old 26-05-2013, 05:27 PM
Experiencer
Yes I'm familiar with this, it's actually called a "healing crisis". I just never thought about that being the case. Thank you for your insight, I would say this is probably what it is.
Old 26-05-2013, 05:31 PM
Mr.Whitmore

Seen this in the latest posts thingy...so....

Maybe the herbs were sprayed with pesticides?

Probably not though