Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 21-03-2013, 02:04 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreebsy
thank you all. I agree with all your saying deep down just don't want to be doing anything wrong! how do you know that the spirits that come through are good spirits and not the devil playing tricks on you? x

IMHO, no such thing as a devil....
Old 21-03-2013, 11:05 AM
Experiencer
Here are a couple of sentences by a very beloved medium, Chico Xavier:

"To plan another person's unhappiness is to dig with your own hands your own abyss"

"The biggest evil we must fear, is that which still resides in us"

"Study yourself, observe how knowledge of self brings humility. Without humility it is impossible to find happiness"

"When someone hurts or offends you, do not respond the same way. Feel only compassion for those who need to humiliate, hurt and offend in order to feel themselves strong."

"Though nobody can go back and make a new beginning... Anyone can start over and make a new ending.”

"The soul that acquires the virtue of forgiveness won't find any more trouble. No matter what happens, he will know how to run his life”

“We need to get rid of hate, envy, jealousy, discord in ourselves, so we can reach a solution in terms of peace in order to feel that time has come for human happiness.”

“Every little bit of peace I bring someone is worth the peace I never had.”

"Never forget that God loves us infinitely and a little grain of happiness and hope inside each one of us is able to change and transform. Life is planned through dreams and implemented through love."

"Charity is the light of the Higher Life, and it's rays reconstruct in Divine therapy the health and happiness of the soul" By Emmanuel through Chico Xavier
Old 21-03-2013, 06:04 PM
dreebsy

beautiful fairyana xxx
Old 21-03-2013, 07:17 PM
Master

I remember moving on from my Christian days, it didn't all quite just add up and I thought there was something more. And I remember the lines by the Christians which hurt, as they felt threatened and challenged by my shifts.

I sort of ducked and dived between Christianity and Something Else - which still doesn't have a title and as I find something that resonates, it simply grows.

I don't really hang out with Christians these days, it was them that dropped me as a rule. There are one or two that still I meet up with and they are very very sweet and understanding of my search - their advise is to be careful.

which is a simple message of non-judgment but care.
Old 22-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
thank you all. I agree with all your saying deep down just don't want to be doing anything wrong! how do you know that the spirits that come through are good spirits and not the devil playing tricks on you? x

I read that someone asked the spirits who had sent them. If they answered they were okay.
Old 23-03-2013, 06:48 PM
Administrator
Hey Dreebsy.

The thing i find with christians is they are very closed minded they only believe what is written in the bible.i see it as a book written by many men who werent there to proove any of it.the christian faith only believe in itself. but ask them about where it says in the bible that jesus wrose from the dead,and ask how they explain that the truth is they cant,im not a christian i am a spiritulist i was born wirh my gifts does that make me evil?.
i have helped so many ppl with my gifts how many have they helped but tried to convert them into their beliefs.i knoe a few born again christians they are similar but with one difference the messages they give they call prophises and everything comes from jesus.its their belief not mine,
im happy being a spiritulist i was born with it so i know no difference . i dont try to convert anyone to follow my beliefs,they do.

Namaste
Old 24-03-2013, 12:19 AM
Master

Hi Dreebsy, I developed my Spiritual mediumship within a Christian Spiritualist Church. So though it may seem a choice is at hand, maybe you could have the best of both worlds. For though it often seems Christians and Spiritualists cannot find common ground, it may surprise to recognize that one can be both.

Consider who the first Spiritual mediums in Christianity where, if not the Apostles at the ascension of Christ. For was Christ not a `materialized Spirit` seen (clairvoyance) and heard (clairaudience) by his Apostles? And does that not make them, the first Christian Spiritual/Spiritualist mediums?

The fears of devils and demons do not lead to Spiritual awakening, but rather obstruct by their belief. As the nature of the soul/Spirit requires no belief for their reality to be, so too does the individual require no instruction to find what is naturally in their own heart. Follow what you feel, rather than what `others` think and you will not go wrong.
Old 25-03-2013, 04:17 PM
dreebsy

thank you papa bear! Ive been looking into the christian spiritualist side but wasnt really sure what i was looking at! such a complex issue, i think you cant force yourself to believe something it comes naturally. Will keep searching, may try finding a christian spiritualist church thank you all so much xx
Old 25-03-2013, 04:49 PM
Master

I'm not a Christian, don't believe in a Christian God, Devil or the bible, and I don't think it's wise to try to communicate with ghosts, beings, spirits, etc. People automatically think it's some kind of prejudice or religious belief, but I've just known people who did and never saw any good come from it. They usually had unresolved emotional issues and seemed to use spirituality as a way to avoid really looking at themselves and facing their pain and fears. It starts out as a curiosity about the 'other side' and wanting to experience something supernatural. The world we live in is amazing and you can have a life full of wonderful experiences without having to seek spirits and ghosts. Instead of doing that it might be better to see a therapist and learn to live life.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:58 AM
Experiencer

Quote:

Dreebsy, I have been going through a lot of what you are experiencing. I have been attending church faithfully, because I want to pray and be closer to God. Then, I had the chance to work with my current spirit guide. I've never experienced such pure love, felt so good, as I have since. I kicked a four year drug habit, I pray and meditate more than ever, I make healthier and better choices because I realize I am no longer alone. I also talk to Jesus regularly. I bless my home and body with holy water, smudge with sage, loudly reject the forces of darkness and shadow. I still attend church and no one and nothing has made me feel like I should stop going. It's all in your intentions. What dark force is going to come into my life and make me healthier?

I do feel the presence of my spirit guide quite vividly. I've never felt threatened or violated, pushed to do anything I didn't want or choose to do. And still, sometimes I feel fear, but it's all my own. It is so engrained in me to think that God doesn't work this way.

But think about it...the Bible is FULL of references of spirits, angels, Jesus himself in spirit form after his death. Angels appear and say "Do not be afraid." It's the first thing they say! People thought Jesus' miracles were the work of the devil. Do you think Jesus was not of God? How did people know he was who he said he was? By how they FELT. Read about the mystics sometime, they experienced euphoria and feelings of the awakening so many of us are experiencing.

I think we are in a spiritually dry age. And I think we are heading back to closeness to God, for survival as a species. So we start thinking of the collective, instead of the individual.