Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 08-01-2020, 06:59 PM
Master
Who is "We", and, "Our" in John 3:11 ?

"Truly I tell you we speak of what we know, and testify of what we have seen, but you people do not accept our testimony." - Jesus

Regarding "we" and, "our" in this verse, of whom is the Lord speaking?
Any ideas on this?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 08-01-2020, 07:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
"Truly I tell you we speak of what we know, and testify of what we have seen, but you people do not accept our testimony." - Jesus

Any ideas on this?

The Disciples.... The Pharisees.
Old 08-01-2020, 07:23 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:

Any ideas on this?

Father,Son, Holy Spirit.
Old 08-01-2020, 07:23 PM
Master
Jesus probably was speaking in the plural similar to how the Apostle Paul would sometime speak: a rhetorical 'we'.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 08-01-2020, 08:25 PM
Molearner

Quote:

Any ideas on this?

Morpheus,

Because it immediately follows Jesus speaking of being born of the Spirit and being born again it seems logical to assume that 'we' and 'our' are in reference to anyone that has experienced this.
Old 09-01-2020, 03:14 AM
Master
Thank you for your inputs.

Myself, I entertained two possibilities.

One was that He was speaking in the same vein as the Lord in Genesis. Referring to Himself in the plural.

Two, was the question of, "Was He referring to association with a group? Such as with the Essenes?"

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 09-01-2020, 03:19 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Thank you for your inputs.

I thought there would be prizes.
Old 09-01-2020, 07:33 AM
Master

We, well most of us on this forum believe & or know that there are many Earthlings, who have been liberated from the flesh & living in spiritual form. & more than likely, there was a huge band of ex Earthlings "spiritual beings" of a Christhood state of being & of whom could have been constantly present with Jesus. & more than likely working along side him to assist him in his ministry.

And as Jesus was the only one of them connected to flesh, he could have been the main speaker for the group. & quite possibly could have given sound proof that other UNSEEN persons were present. and were of a Christhood quality of Soul'self. And that they are all (Jesus included) of great spiritual
knowledge of all things pertaining to Heavenly Christ entity & of the Holy Spirit. & are all endeavouring to help Jesus teach the Earthlings.

Jesus was displaying all manner of phenomenal feats, not seen on Earth, In order to assist Earthlings in understanding & believing what he was attempting to convey to them.

So why not include the unseen ones in his sermon by saying...QUOTE..."Truly I tell you we speak of what we know, and testify of what we have seen, but you people do not accept our testimony."
Old 09-01-2020, 05:24 PM
Master
Well, we can read of the story of Jesus' transfiguration, before His disciples, when He met with Moses and Elijah.

He spoke, also, about Life after this world, saying the Almighty is the God of the living, and not the dead.

The Lord while on earth was ministered to by angels as well.

In the book "Signs in the Sky", author Adrian Gilbert spoke of evidence of a "Son of Man" school, running through the ages. To include major prophets, with indications involving their clothing fashioned in the imagery of Orion in the sky, and possibly to include the Essenes, who practiced daily ritual water immersion.

Old 09-01-2020, 08:42 PM
Experiencer
Quote:

Any ideas on this?

There are two witnesses on the earth, the water and the blood.