Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 11-10-2013, 06:25 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
This is nothing personal btw, it's just an attempt to explore doubts about our assumption of individuality in the West. I realize now it's a sensitive subject.

My apologies. I just assume everyone can talk about difficult or unpopular subjects, but I shouldn't assume. I also tend to push to get to the heart of the matter.

Thank you...Seawolf.

I sincerely hope that we can respect each other's feelings and become great friends.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:38 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyLou
I can related to what you are saying, I grew up in heavy Dogma of religion, and over the past couple of years have just felt safe enough to question what I believe. I am reading a book and recently came across this, which just made sense to me..... "All religions are branches of one big tree. It doesn't matter who you call God, just as long as you call" George Harrison

I love this!

I like to say,

"We all have special Gifts to offer the whole and their is room at the table for all of us."

It is my personal belief that each discipline (meaning--belief system) has been entrusted with an ancient pearl of Wisdom--belonging to Universal Knowledge.

Most everyone believes that they have the answer!

However...I believe that (only) when we learn to accept each other the way that we are--and bring our Knowledge and Gifts to the table--will we begin to work the puzzle and (once it is completed) the Mystery will be solved...then (and only then) will we be ready to evolve--as a collective whole.

It seems to me that this is what people are corresponding about--when they write about returning to the Source and rejoining with the One.

The Dalai Lama says, "It does not matter--which Religion you practice...just as long as you practice it!".

I say, "The Divine Created diversely--so that we might have the opportunity to embrace each other (unconditionally) and evolve.".

Peace and Love on your path to FreeThinking and speaking your Truth...

Blessed be...
Old 12-10-2013, 12:53 AM
Juanita

Quote:
There is a reason why it's called 'hate speech'. There is a reason why prejudice and racism is called 'hate'. It's very damaging. If you think it's not that bad then either you don't understand what hate speech is, or, more likely, you don't mind using it. Since we conform to society, we don't mind using hate speech against Christian since it's so popular these days. I say think for yourself instead of following the crowd.

Nice job turning it back on me btw lol. The problem is people don't like to call things what they are, they like to gloss over it in our 'civilized' society. I'm not screwing another woman, I'm 'having an affair' What a nice word to use for it.. 'affair'. lol We're always so innocent in this civilized society even when we're wrong.

Hate speech is directed towards such people as gays and minorities and that "is" hate, but when you are speaking about religions or philosophies, it is different.. I am anti christian because I believe they are "wrong"....I don't hate them--I feel sorry for them..I pity them, but it is their path until they can see the fallacies of their belief system...
Old 12-10-2013, 07:57 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
Hate speech is directed towards such people as gays and minorities and that "is" hate, but when you are speaking about religions or philosophies, it is different.. I am anti christian because I believe they are "wrong"....I don't hate them--I feel sorry for them..I pity them, but it is their path until they can see the fallacies of their belief system...

But why - who is right and who is wrong, who is to determine who is right?

I'm sure I'm masses wrong in my beliefs, which are challenged and adjust frequently.

and those who believe differently, maybe they are doing the best they can.

Christianity works for a lot of people and for many it brings them to a spiritual dimension, it gives them a framework of morality, friendships and many more.

We all have something to learn from others.
Old 23-10-2013, 09:30 PM
Master

Quote:
Someone might pity you for having your belief system. Religion and spirituality is subjective, there is no right or wrong belief system. Being 'against' a religion is kind of like being against people who read comics instead of newspaper articles or people who like trains instead of cars. It's fundamentally irrational. But then against there's a lot of irrationality among the public.

Religious intolerance is very popular these days, so it doesn't seem wrong to us to use hate speech against belief systems different than our own. That's why I say don't follow the crowd, just because something is popular doesn't mean it's not harmful. There are plenty of belief systems I don't agree with, but I don't see that as a reason to be against them, they're just different than mine.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:12 AM
Master
The first half of life is battling the devil and our demons, the second half is about battling God

You see religion is meant for second half of life people who don't poo poo tradition just because this or that author contradicts or says And Moses went out and killed all the women and children.

You see religion has it right but ends up becoming its own enemy and losing sight.

Catechism and Church was meant to prepare the child for future pubescent turmoils emotional outrages and inner demons. But it has become a judgement law enforcement by priest and rabbis who think of themselves as without sin

Second half of life which involves either marriage or religious vocation is to prepare for contemplation and struggle with our angel and God. And to reach oneness through death. Sadly marriage and vocation and death have become darkened and twisted because people entering them now didn't conquer the first half of life and herein lies the problem with mankind
Old 15-11-2013, 12:40 PM
Master

The West is mainly secular, so naturally there is going to be a lot of anger towards religion. In parts of the East, they don't have that huge gap between the religious and the secular, so they don't see a reason to be angry at religion, or identify themselves as 'spiritual, not religious'.

Personally I don't recognize that division in my own life like many of my peers, for me it's all integrated. I'm looking at our secular viewpoint from an outside perspective. 'Spiritual, not religious' is just a way to stay secular while keeping a little religion. But since we live in and are part of a secular society, we come up with ideas like that so we can have a little religion (spiritual beliefs), yet still fit in.
Old 18-12-2013, 08:05 AM
Master
Wow! Great objective thoughts, Am. and Sea. Thankyou.

Quote:

But Juanita, your viewpoint neglects to realize that, at their essence, all faiths agree.
This is the Truth that is discovered when one continues to search and learn.

So, what is it they they agree on, and align?

Discrimination against gays and minorities? You again, are talking about human nature, and ego, which intrudes in everything, including aspects of, "Religion".

With which we are all invoved in. - Humanity, a fallen situation. Fallen from what?

http://www.angelsghosts.com/angels_what_are_they.html

Science and Religion agree, regarding the true nature of the material world. In time and space, (and gravity).

Quote:
Someone might pity you for having your belief system. Religion and spirituality is subjective, there is no right or wrong belief system. Being 'against' a religion is kind of like being against people who read comics instead of newspaper articles or people who like trains instead of cars. It's fundamentally irrational. But then against there's a lot of irrationality among the public.

Religious intolerance is very popular these days, so it doesn't seem wrong to us to use hate speech against belief systems different than our own. That's why I say don't follow the crowd, just because something is popular doesn't mean it's not harmful. There are plenty of belief systems I don't agree with, but I don't see that as a reason to be against them, they're just different than mine.

Well said and stated.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 19-12-2013, 04:59 PM
Pathfinder

Truth had been hidden.
Old 19-12-2013, 06:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unity
Truth had been hidden.

From whom?

The Truth has been revealed.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein